mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Loaf! Camera! Action!

Old 09 May 2011, 06:23   #1
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Default Celebrity Apprentice Episode #10 Hours 2&3

The group anticipated that LaToya was going to get the boot. And sure enough in walks Lil Jon and John Rich.

Task two is delivered by Onstar. They are looking for a video of branding messaging the capabilities that Onstar can be purchased and installed on a vehicle that doesn't already have it. Project managers are Marlee and John Rich (rematch anyone?).

Both teams independently meet with the product people to get information to achieve what the company wants to see. Lil Jon and John Rich are coming up empty because Rich isn't feeling very well. By no means did Rich slack, but clearly his creative mojo wasn't happening on this fine day. (Hmmmm....could his mojo he had all along been drafted to go to ASAP). Lil Jon was in charge of creative....John Rich was working on script. Their task came down to the wire. Between shooting the scenes and edits.

ASAP on the other hand....was loaded with creativity. The script was impromptu and Star wasn't feelin' Meat's "way" of operation on this day. Truth of the matter, Star was sabotaging the efforts...and acting freakin' stupid. Marlee bestowed her trust in Meat to get the job done with screen shots and creativity. Star's job was to make sure brand messaging was placed properly.

Oh god, here is Star....a decorated education and she can't read a simple line off of a cue card. Really?!? Ok, lets just assume she was "edited" this way, because she looked like a darn fool. Perhaps that's what CA producers wanted us to believe.

Meat is totally on to Star's game playing tactics. He sees right through her smoke screen. Nice one by the way. The spot they put together was showing an Onstar dispatcher giving details about the product then a screen story where a police officer (Meat) aids Mrs. Matlin to her vehicle found due to the Onstar system. Then using the onstar system to locate a favorite donut shop. Which added humor to the piece.

Lil Jon and John Rich didn't really have any major problems with their shoot outside of Lil Jon trying to communicate what they were trying to do. UNTIL, editing. They just couldn't land a car on the screen without squishing the poor soccer mom. I mean that in a special effects way of course. They used Lil Jon as a vehicle for message branding. The video was that of ordinary people (ie soccer mom and college student) stating this is the "Discover On"....implying to discover that this technology is available now at an electronic store near you.

The presentations are given to the execs. and the execs meet with Trump.
There are pluses and minuses to both. Which have me worried.

Into the boardroom: Each video was shown. Backbone didn't like ASAP's video. ASAP liked Backbone's video but was different to theirs. The win goes to Backbone. ASAP goes into the firing squad. Meat is a sitting duck between these two top women, Star and Marlee. And they go for Meat's jugular. However, Meat held his own. Rationally and with strength. He knew when to shut up and he knew when to defend. I was never so proud than I was right then. It was pivotal for him to play his cards right. He placed the blame right back at them, distributing the weight a bit so it did not fall on him solely.

They go out of the boardroom so Donald can discuss with his team. Meat and Star get into it, then Star shuts down. She deflected as long as she could. Meat called her out on her branding and why didn't she say anything in edits. Even though Meat was involved in edits heavily, she still should have put the branding on the video. She tried to throw Meat under the bus. But there was much discussion out there in the holding area. They come back in, Trump asks Meat what the yelling was about. Star was pissy because Meat called her sweetie....but she was just trying to deflect her way out of a wet paper bag. Trump saw it and FIRED HER ASS!

Thank GOD!

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 06:48   #2
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

You know what?

Lisa tried and failed
La Toya tried and failed
NeNe Tried and failed

and it was Meat who tried and succeeded in "bringing down the queen" and killing her.

also loved Lil jon and John rooting for Meat.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 06:59   #3
melon
Long Distance Loafer

LMAO, good work Meat, like I said before, you da man!
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 06:59   #4
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
You know what?
also loved Lil jon and John rooting for Meat.
Really? Awesome!
Old 09 May 2011, 07:37   #5
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Thumbs up

HOW do you do it SUZ??

Watch, CRY, type (FB teammeatloaf), and re-cap!!

BEST EPISODE YET!!!

WTG MEAT & THE PAINTED TURTLE!!!

Kar
kkzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 07:40   #6
BostonAngel
Super Loafer

Loved seeing Lil Jon and John Rich rooting for Meat as well. Loved that Meat more than held his own against Star without getting angry. He had her game strategy figured out very quickly. Meat said in one the clips that he is a fighter and he showed that side of himself with great dignity. I am sure he makes it to the final. Way to go Meat!
BostonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 08:38   #7
carole
Mega Loafer

Thanks for all your feedback. Sounds like an interesting episode and Meat had Star's number. Finally the bitch got fired, now both bitches are gone. That's sweet of Lil Jon and John Rich to root for Meat, that shows true friendship despite them being on opposing teams now. It feels strange to now be rooting for ASAP and being sad that Backbone won. But we follow our man no matter which team he is on.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 09:46   #8
melon
Long Distance Loafer

So whats with the hater on Twitter, shouting Racisism at everyone still on & involved with CA??? Anyone seen that?
Old 09 May 2011, 10:55   #9
realViking
Senior Loafer

Location:  Northen Norway, In The Cold VikingLand, the place where the Real Viking Girls lives ;-)

Hey you guys...
Havent watched the episode yet,couse it aired in the night here.
But will watch it right away,when my work ends today.
Can`t wait to see it...
So I will come back to you, and write my thoughts

(Had to read some of the comments on facebook today, couldent stay out..hehe..so althought I DO know that Meat didnt get fired of Mr Trump.)

That made my day!!

See ya later,alligators

Tine
realViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 11:45   #10
CarylB
Mega Loafer

One man's heart was full to bursting .. his good friend's sang with generosity

A powerful episode. Both teams faced the prospect of essentially a cash raising objective, for the shows which had to be given, and therefore required some attention, were the subject of no appraial at all in the boardroom. This in itself was hard as they had all been to the well on previous tasks, but all set to work calling in what favours they could muster. Most significant I thought was that with NeNe's departure. missing in in-action, and Meat's move to ASAP we watched two teams working constructively, without squabbles or the usual to camera undermining of fellow contestants.

LaToya worked well managing the process, and inherited a team who needed little direction or motivation, but considering her family and connections I was surprised at the difficulty she had in raising sizeable donations. John Rich was again the biggest fundraiser in his team, and still managed to make the unprecedentedly generous offer in the boardroom that, should Backbone win, he would personally raise whatever Meat had called in, to go to Painted Turtle. The emotional attachment Meat has with his charity has been obvious throughout, but never more so on this task. It clearly astounds Trump, but with John it showed imo the depth of friendship he has forged with Meat as well as his own generosity. Backbone's first day was somewhat distracted by NeNe's disappearance without a word and the wall of silence she erected around her cellphone. However, how much of a financial contribution she might have made is an unknown, and an absence of NeNe was probably less of a distraction than her presence would have been, even though the team clearly felt ther initial optimism at being one player up in a fundraising task had been kicked away.

As to NeNe .. when she finally realised that bluster and verbal haranguing weren't going to do it, like most bullies she quit. Her attempt to depose Star the previous week had failed, and left her pretty clearly rattled throughout the task. In last night's episode I think she had identified at the outset that she was outclassed and out-manoevred, and with only a quiver of Johnny-one-note arrows which weren't going to work with JR, JL or LaToya, she did what bullies finally do when they realise that the only thing they have won't work. In my view a product of her environment and the show that brought her the "fame" she enjoyed, and a walking example of how the bullied can become in their turn bullies, seeing that behaviour the only way to win .. she walked away, finally empty-handed, and the loser

Meat started strongly, mobilising his team to call in favours. Jim referred later to his "empowering" style, and concern to make each of his team feel good and play a role, which is what we've seen throughout. Clearly one who will give 'til it hurts, Meat is far less comfortable asking others. Much of his fundraising was with contacts who have a close affilation with his charity, and as it came home hard to him that should he lose their donations would go to the other PM's charity, and not to the children he cares about so deeply, his feelings of angst and worry began to overtake him. Marlee was very supportive, in fact it was her suggestion they should ask Trump to allow each PM to take what they had raised for their respective charities, whoever won .. just as had been the case for the painting task when she had been PM. Star was less impressed imo (gave the only really negative on-camera of the episode) and although she offered to argue the case with Trump, I was surprised that someone who keeps reminding us that she's a lawyer, failed to make the point to Trump that most of the donations Meat called in were from people affiliated to Painted Turtle, and that he was concerned about this as well as his charity losing out. I know the program is edited, but I sensed no editing out of this useful argument. It may well not have changed Trump's decision, but was surely important. So I felt she was going through the motions of support rather than genuinely giving it to the extent that Marlee did. I also was surprised she seemed to make no attempt to get her major US comedy circuit performer to the show in person (although he may well have been available, and this could have hit the cutting room floor) but I thought her taped interview was pretty weak .. perhaps showing that humour is not a strong suit

As far as Meat's evident distress and anxiety is concerned, I guess either you get him or you don't Yes, it distracted him, but didn't stop him getting in donations, nor going out on stage and delivering an excellent performance on the night; focused, funny, and totally effective. The editing was imo meant to show him in rehearsal as rambling and still distracted, although imo that "thinking aloud" patter is simply what he does as he tries out :) In the boardroom he struggled for coherence, clearly still almost overwhelmed by the wholly genuine emotions he was feeling, but he struggled for and achieved it, and at one point gave a clearly delivered and perceptive analysis of Star, couched in terms that modelled good feedback skills. Perhaps the real depth of John's kindness was that his offer, whilst it added to the emotions, because Meat was so deeply touched, also relieved his anxiety. His genuinely heartfelt thanks to John, and his thanks to Trump, not only for the news ASAP had won but also for the opportunity to learn about himself and want to beome a better person was truly touching, and clearly so for everyone in the boardroom, even the hard-nosed-hard-assed Jim. To me it indicated the strength of the very personal journey Meat was making during the show from the very first task, and is further explanation of how close to the skin his emotions were throughout, and why they surfaced so very strongly in this task.

Thus far I've not seen the actual "firing" though I understand it was LaToya, who seemed as the recording I watched ended to be about to take responsibility for the failure. She isn't a bad manager, but is outclassed by JR and LJ, the former raising the bulk of the money and calling in Jimmy Fallon to appear on their comedy show. She was disappointed that she'd failed to pull in some real big hitters, and I suspect probably went quietly and with some dignity.

Trump's firing of NeNe in absentia had occurred earlier and was fairly brutally worded imo. His twice repeated comment that she had been kept in at Star's expense because they "thought she had more potential" amused me, as I was certain they'd made that decision way before the last boardroom, .. yes, potential for ratings!! .. and he seemed to me pissed because he'd hoped for one last opportuity to mine that particular seam. Nor did he disappoint expectations when he asked Jim to look at Lil John with "Those teeth are worth a fricking fortune!!" Thanks Mr Tacky.

My remembered comment will be from the man with guts enough for an army and heart the size of a planet as he left, the winner with his team ..

"Thank you dears"

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 12:12   #11
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
So whats with the hater on Twitter, shouting Racisism at everyone still on & involved with CA??? Anyone seen that?
I've seen it festering on the IMbD boards .. Trump has made comments and decisions that some argue as racist, and of course his continued whining on about Obama's birth certificate is condemned by many as racist motivated. There's some organisation (can't find the thread that gace=ve the name as a three hour episode last night has spawned a plethora of new threads!) which is calling on the contestants to walk out, to not attend the finale, to not collect winnings etc as a protest against Trump's alleged racist comments, and condemning all those who stay as condonng or colluding with them. Oh .. and us too for watching the programme, which we should all switch off

Personally I find he has a propensity for inappropriate remarks on such a wide range of ".. ists" that staggers me in someone in his position and with his political ambitions. However having worked their asses off to raise money for their charities, I think it is naive to suggest the winner should walk away and refuse their winnings .. almost as daft as someone who suggests that people should "walk away" from a programme whose episodes, save the final, were all in the can last November ..

Caryl
Old 09 May 2011, 13:29   #12
melon
Long Distance Loafer

He sent 6 tweets to Meat accusing him of being Racist etc (Won't go in depth, not worth it), & to Marlee, then rained down a barrage of tweets on Don jr..... I can understand a bit of hate towards Sr, but seriously?
Old 09 May 2011, 14:16   #13
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
He sent 6 tweets to Meat accusing him of being Racist etc ..... I can understand a bit of hate towards Sr, but seriously?

Well if you mean can one take the jackass seriously .. no I can appreciate those who feel Trump makes frequent inappropriate comment, to and about people's ethnicity, colour, sexual preference, gender etc .. How far they are fuelled by an aware bigotry and how far they just expose deeply ingrained and underlying feelings, I have no idea .. each is bigoted and wholly inappropriate imo, reinforce stereotypes and encourage discrimination or hatred .. but ranting won't change them, particularly on Twitter ..

However the behaviour of the poster is hardly better! Gathering your two brain cells and non-opposable thumbs together and streaming abuse to people is just as deplorable, and sadly the kind of thing the internet gives close to free rein. I wonder if he's sending similar messages to NeNe accusing her of verbal abuse ?

Caryl
Old 09 May 2011, 14:50   #14
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post

I wonder if he's sending similar messages to NeNe accusing her of verbal abuse ?

Caryl
lmao, probably not.

Speak of the devil, I just saw NeNe's exit interview, kind words from her but I am still thoroughly disapointed in her for walking away from her charity.

Back to the hater, they're just being hypocritical, also making comments about other races, they're just doing what they're abusing other people of doing??? I don't understand that logic..... Hey, I hate your banana sandwich, Ima fight it with another banana sandwich, with the same ingredients...... I can't understand it!

Last edited by melon; 09 May 2011 at 14:51. Reason: Making up my own damn words!
Old 09 May 2011, 14:52   #15
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonAngel View Post
Loved seeing Lil Jon and John Rich rooting for Meat as well. Loved that Meat more than held his own against Star without getting angry. He had her game strategy figured out very quickly. Meat said in one the clips that he is a fighter and he showed that side of himself with great dignity. I am sure he makes it to the final. Way to go Meat!
I second that Cathy !
And thanks again for another great recap Suzie
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 15:31   #16
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
they're just doing what they're abusing other people of doing??? I don't understand that logic..... Hey, I hate your banana sandwich, Ima fight it with another banana sandwich, with the same ingredients...... I can't understand it!
Hate is rarely based on logic And those who stream profanity and abuse from the anonymity afforded by the internet are rarely prone to display it .. takes enough cell activity to walk and manage the keyboard Not understanding their illogic puts you ahead for starters

Caryl
Old 09 May 2011, 19:47   #17
JaysScout
Senior Loafer

First....the whole Meat Loaf / racism thing should not even be dignified with a response! So...I won't.

Second...the show had 3 critical elements for me. Number 1...Nene, in the end, reacted as most bullies do when they are called out. She quit!

Number 2...Starr proved to be what I knew she was all along. The scene outside the boardroom, when she was confronted by Meat, told the story about Starr. Meat had the FACTS. I even went back on my DVR to make sure. :) When Starr turned her back on Meat, it was all over. She was finished. It revealed alot when she stooped to play the "sweetie" card. She was backed into a corner, but still did try her best to lie her way out of it. She was in charge of "branding"....period! She just couldn't / wouldn't own up to HER failure......and I'm not surprised. I'm confident that if Meat had been in charge of branding, we would have seen him own up.

Number 3....I had been waiting to see Meat as the "fighter".....and he brought it out. I still believe he is way too nice of a guy in many respects, but NOBODY attains the success he has over such a long career without being a FIGHTER. When it was on the line....he stepped up. He was right, he had the facts, and he wasn't about to let Starr off the hook.

The last 20-30 minutes of the show was some of the most compelling TV I've ever seen.
JaysScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2011, 23:07   #18
robgomm
Mega Loafer

Wow that was awesome. Was so so proud of Meat for handling Star the way he did. And he did it without raising his voice and shouting at her, without calling her any names or anything. Meat you have no idea just how much respect you gained from everyone who watched that. I am so proud of you.

IN THE FINAL 4! WOHOOO!!
robgomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 00:06   #19
CarylB
Mega Loafer

STAR'S ASS WAS GRASS ... AND MEAT WAS THE LAWNMOWER!!

Big mistake to assume just because a man is gracious, kindly, decent, and unashamedly in touch with his emotions that he will be a pushover and hasn't got a razor sharp mind and balls of steel! This was Star's biggest mistake in the series, and Meat hoisted her by a more effective petard, stitched her up like a kipper and delivered her to Trump on a plate. Yes, he's decent, gracious, kind .. but you don't remain successful for 4 decades in one of the most capricious and often obstructive industries in the world without learning how to fight for survival!

Marlee, who I rate highly as intelligent without resorting to skullduggery, decent and socially skilled, seemed less confident as PM. She's always been a good contributor and had a superb success on her first outing as PM. But that was a fundraiser, and she had clearly and wisely come prepared with a host of significantly big hitters lined up. On that task having agreed how they would organise themselves, she concentrated largely in rallying her donors .. a perfectly sound strategy in the circumstances, although I recall ASAP were only ready to open the doors a few minutes after the twelfth hour. This was a different type of task and she was less confident. Star had already said to camera that now the game had shifted to individual competition, and commandeering her usual contribution, wasn't being co-operative or collaborative. Her way or the highway .. over and over, and she didn't like Meat refusing to take her way. Increasingly crabby, she started lining up Meat and Marlee for the chop should they fail; firstly Meat for his creative input, and as back-up, Marlee for not controlling him. She developed an amazing and sudden inability to remember or even read the lines she'd scripted. In short .. an active campaign of sabotage .. the woman hosts some kind of chat show for heaven's sake, keeps telling us she's such a smart lawyer. Might have worked with the man she mistakenly assumed him to be, but she underestimated him in spades.

So to the boardroom.

In the first task of Episode 10 I was not convinced that Star's arrangement of her granite features into something approximating empathy was necessarily genuine, and I think I was right. She'd sat there imo confident that should ASAP lose she'd be able to throw an emotional Meat under the nearest bus and thus survive another day, probably so busy calculating the odds that she failed to hear his very accurate observation of her MO. Had she done this she might have given more thought as to what she would do if she found herself sitting on the losing team on this next task.

Her behaviour while waiting outside the boardroom was dismissive, arrogant, rude, and as soon as she found she was facing someone who would stand up to her, and persist without screaming like a fishwife, she simply cut Meat off, walked away, and dragged her damn credentials out one more time. Meat was ready, would not allow her to simply dismiss him, and stood both his ground and his experience.

But back once more in the boardroom she pulled out the same fiddle she's used successfully until now and started to play her usual tune .. and was completely taken by surprise as Meat brought the game-strategic equivalent of the NLE into play. Perhaps for the first time she was rattled, and Meat played her like Paul on a custom built Mark Katzen ... ably aided by George, who pulled her up when she tried to lie her way out of the fact that it was the voice-over that she had written which the clients had found wanting.

For the first time we saw Star on the defensive and looking desperate. She clutched feverishly at taking offence because Meat called her "sweetie" .. (although she claimed he'd called her "honey" which was untrue) .. bizarre given how insufferably condescending she has been so much of the time, and given she is in show business where it's a not uncommon word, and like "dear" used by men when addressing men as well as women .. remember Meat used it with Busey when he was trying to have an intelligent conversation with him to resolve issues after the first boardroom with Meat as PM? I thought as I heard him say it to Star, he's saying this just as he did with Busey .. trying to defuse the situation and stay calm when dealing with someone who is refusing to listen and rudely interrupting. And in the boardroom Meat made it clear this was why he'd used it.

Even worse, rather than simply stating calmly she didn't like being addressed in that way and moving swiftly on to something of substance, she huffed and puffed in a long tirade of faux indignation .. hardly likely to be persuasive to Trump .. (Loved George asking her how she could complain about being demeaned in a debate as she was refusing to argue ... and Meat's quiet "Thank you")

Whatever superglue has been bonding her backside to that chair, Meat had the solvent .. From the first boardroom he has been listening, watching, assessing, and he was ready. And all her rhetoric couldn't alter the fact she'd been responsible for branding .. "my strength!!!". While she'd been busy bear-trapping Meat over his producing the vignettes, he had been making sure she would have to stand behind her contribution. In her rather over-inflated opinion of her own strategic brilliance, she hadn't noticed the trap Meat had dug, and she stepped right into it. I'd imagine there were some high fives when he returned to the Johns :)

And so to the final four, a pretty strong chance of making it to the last two imo. Trump seems captivated by this big strong rocker who has a heart and is unashamed to show his emotions .. keeps looking at himm as you might an exotic and fabled creature of mystery :) And now he's shown he has balls of steel as well as a heart the size of Connecticut. No matter that Trump brings in advisors; he'll make the decision and I think he really finds Meat something special .. as do we of course, but we've known it for a long time. Trump has only recently discovered it, and I think he finds it compelling.

Even though he (Trump) is not gay, which is gorgeous and wonderful, but he's not .. inappropriate remark for this boardroom .. kerchinnnng

Caryl
Old 10 May 2011, 00:36   #20
realViking
Senior Loafer

Location:  Northen Norway, In The Cold VikingLand, the place where the Real Viking Girls lives ;-)

Hey you guys...Now I`m back..
Just finished watching the first task...and I am soo proud of Meat.
He showed us A side of himself, a side that I`v never seen.
It really surprised me, not many people (well known people) shows their emotionals on tv like his....He keeps to amaze me, every day!!
I felt with him, and knows there are a lot of us that feels the same way!!

Hope he knows that!

Meat, I don`t know you personally, and have never meet you, but you are an Amazing Man! And just by being you, we love you soo much!!

Tine
realViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 04:15   #21
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaysScout View Post
First....the whole Meat Loaf / racism thing should not even be dignified with a response! So...I won't.

Second...the show had 3 critical elements for me. Number 1...Nene, in the end, reacted as most bullies do when they are called out. She quit!

Number 2...Starr proved to be what I knew she was all along. The scene outside the boardroom, when she was confronted by Meat, told the story about Starr. Meat had the FACTS. I even went back on my DVR to make sure. :) When Starr turned her back on Meat, it was all over. She was finished. It revealed alot when she stooped to play the "sweetie" card. She was backed into a corner, but still did try her best to lie her way out of it. She was in charge of "branding"....period! She just couldn't / wouldn't own up to HER failure......and I'm not surprised. I'm confident that if Meat had been in charge of branding, we would have seen him own up.

Number 3....I had been waiting to see Meat as the "fighter".....and he brought it out. I still believe he is way too nice of a guy in many respects, but NOBODY attains the success he has over such a long career without being a FIGHTER. When it was on the line....he stepped up. He was right, he had the facts, and he wasn't about to let Starr off the hook.

The last 20-30 minutes of the show was some of the most compelling TV I've ever seen.
I absolutely agree
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 04:51   #22
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzag View Post
HOW do you do it SUZ??

Watch, CRY, type (FB teammeatloaf), and re-cap!!

Not really sure but that was the fastest 3 hours EVER! I wish my workday went by as fast sometimes.
Old 10 May 2011, 04:52   #23
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Old 10 May 2011, 06:06   #24
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
No need to worry on that one, you're not the only one, well I did tell them to calm down, but that was it.
Old 10 May 2011, 07:08   #25
carole
Mega Loafer

Wow, what an episode. Star seriously underestimated Meat. Like Caryl says, just because he is kind, decent and gracious doesn't mean he is a pushover and he saw right through her. He's been observing her week after week manipulate and deceive and throw one person after another under the bus, but when she tried that with him, he was ready for her. I personally preferred team ASAP's ad over the men's but I do prefer humour and that wasn't what the execs were after. I'm now thinking Trump was having us on about the cops being called, since the only cop anywhere to be seen was Meat's character. Star made her tactics clear when at the start she said it's now an individual thing. How convenient for her to just happen to keep forgetting those simple lines and even when put on a cue card, she still couldn't get it right. It was so obvious what she was doing. I really felt sorry for John being sick and at a disadvantage with only the 2 of them. I bet they were really missing Meat and his input right at that time. I am so glad I knew in advance that Meat was safe or I would have been shitting myself seeing him left to Star's evil devices, but he was ready for her and held his own and stood firm. Unlike Nene shrieking at her like a banshee and Hope and Latoya being meek and mild and unable or unwilling to defend themselves, Meat deflected every argument she tried to make calmly and effectively and wouldn't waver. I had to laugh at the secretary outside trying to keep a straight face while they were arguing. Boy, she's seen it all. Star telling Meat to stop yelling was funny. If she thinks that was him yelling, I think she needs to replay his argument with Busey, now THAT was yelling. Meat is a man of integrity and honour who takes responsibility and owns up to his mistakes. If Meat had been the reason they lost the task, he would have taken responsibility and said so and let himself be fired. Not shift responsibility on to everyone else, that's Star's style. And I liked how he thanked George when he stood up for him. Well done Meat, you showed you are a man of integrity and were not going to take any crap from anybody. You handled Star with grace, dignity and honesty and called her bluf and came out the winner. About time Trump saw her for who she really was and fired her arse!!!!! Congrats Meat on making the final 4, really proud of you.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote