mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 06 Nov 2009, 23:37   #26
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

I've never been a massive fan of the idea of the eg Rod Stewart, Queen musicals etc - I'm not even sure they should be classed as musicals - they seem more like tribute concerts to me.

Anyhow, having seen Mamma Mia, which is awesome, I think there is potential to create a genuinely enjoyable musical even if from only existing songs, given quality songwriting (check!) and quality "stringing the songs together in a plot that was probably not imagined when the songs were written" (tbc - although I imagine having their creator on board will help enormously).

Although the art is hardly original, it is utterly fitting. I mean, it is the obvious choice.

The album list is an odd idea to promote a musical - it seems to be trying to promote Jim really rather than the musical. Also, surely some of the Beatles albums would be in the top (other than 1, and I know they are co written, but they seem to be missing entirely at the moment)?
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 01:41   #27
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Except they're not actually Meat's songs. They're Steinman's songs, made famous by Meat Loaf.
I would love to see which artist at the time would have made Steinman's work famous. Jim's work suited Meat as Meat's voice suited Steinman. I don't think they would be anywhere where they are today without each other. I look forward to seeing Bat the Musical, but I don't think Bat 1 and 2 songs can be as great as when Jim and Meat created the albums they did.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2009, 03:20   #28
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
I don't think they would be anywhere where they are today without each other.
We will never know as we can't re-write history...BUT...I think Meat would have had more of an acting career rather than a music one, and Jim would have had more of a musicals career. I think both of them would have had success no matter what path they chose.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2009, 07:47   #29
daveake
200% is the new 110%

Default New Forum

Just to let everyone know that there's a new forum here for discussing the forthcoming musical.
daveake is offline   Reply With Quote