mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 08 Dec 2016, 00:53   #1
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Default Hero-Tyce Track Listing

Tyce-Hero Track Listing!!!

The album will be out Feb 17
Art by Borris Valllejo and Julie Bell.

All these tracks are fully produced with live Guitars, Bass, Drums, Piano, Synths, Bvs, Horns, Triangles, the kitchen sink and drain plus MORE.....In other words the production is HUGE!!!

These tracks will be available on ITunes etc as well as physical CDs

1. Holding Out For a Hero (Single Release In Feb)
2. Heaven Can Wait
3. I'll Kill You If You Don't Come Back
4. Left In the Dark
5. Total Eclipse Of the Heart
6. It’s all Coming Back to me now
7. I’m Gonna Love Her for both of us
8. Objects in the Rear View Mirror (With Mia Moravis)
9. Braver Than We Are (With Alex Nester)

The below Bonus CD will only be available with purchase of the physical CD only, the tracks were recorded LIVE in a prominent Los Angeles Studio August 2016, No edits, one take each track, Piano and Vocal only…sounds amazing!

1.Holding Out for a Hero
2.Everything Is Permitted
3.Anything for Love
4.I’m Gonna Love Her For Both of us
5.Its all Coming Back to me now
6.More than you Deserve
7.For Crying Out Loud

I really would like to set up a Vinyl limited edition, if we can get enough on board who will buy it then we can make it happen.

Please Please like, buy and share etc, this is all about keeping Jim Steinman's music alive for a new generation, and if this album can be a success there will be more to follow....this is NOT a money making venture trust me, if we were in it for that we would have been out long ago and far away......

Nick
mindnick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 01:17   #2
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

As there are only 4 songs that don't overlap with the main track listing, why not just make the main album 13 tracks, and then include the songs that do overlap as the bonuses? One would think the piano and vocal only tracks would help the fully produced tracks flow nicely without seeming like intrusions, and we're used to longer albums from Jim and his crew anyway.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 01:33   #3
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
As there are only 4 songs that don't overlap with the main track listing, why not just make the main album 13 tracks, and then include the songs that do overlap as the bonuses? One would think the piano and vocal only tracks would help the fully produced tracks flow nicely without seeming like intrusions, and we're used to longer albums from Jim and his crew anyway.
The Live Cd is just that, its live and not edited etc, different arangements and not "produced" so it really would not fit with the feel of the Fully Produced album, does that make cense? Also some of the live tunes are in a different key.... also the live stuff is so intimate!!
N
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 01:40   #4
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I'm sorry, but I still don't really see the point. Live and one take shouldn't matter -- some of the best songs in rock history have benefited from sparse production and nailing it in a single take. You're an experienced producer. I'm sure you could find a way for the tracks that don't overlap with the main listing to flow with the present running order. If Jim could fit "Heaven Can Wait" and "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" into an otherwise full-blast album like Bat, it shouldn't be so hard to fit 4 songs into specific junctures in a list of 9. Rather like creating a mix tape (or, these days, a playlist).

You're of course welcome to your opinion, and I'm not in charge, but it just seems to me like 13 songs and 3 bonus tracks would be nicer bang for the buck, and more in keeping with what fans might expect. (Maybe -- just spit-balling here -- one could even engage in some tomfoolery like a recent renowned singer of Steinman tracks did and label the overlapping bonuses "songwriter demos" for those in the larger market who are not up to speed on what those would sound like. )

My two cents.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 08 Dec 2016 at 01:46.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 02:08   #5
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I still don't really see the point. Live and one take shouldn't matter -- some of the best songs in rock history have benefited from sparse production and nailing it in a single take. You're an experienced producer. I'm sure you could find a way for the tracks that don't overlap with the main listing to flow with the present running order. If Jim could fit "Heaven Can Wait" and "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" into an otherwise full-blast album like Bat, it shouldn't be so hard to fit 4 songs into specific junctures in a list of 9. Rather like creating a mix tape (or, these days, a playlist).

You're of course welcome to your opinion, and I'm not in charge, but it just seems to me like 13 songs and 3 bonus tracks would be nicer bang for the buck, and more in keeping with what fans might expect. (Maybe -- just spit-balling here -- one could even engage in some tomfoolery like a recent renowned singer of Steinman tracks did and label the overlapping bonuses "songwriter demos" for those in the larger market who are not up to speed on what those would sound like. )

My two cents.
Disc 1 is about 50 minutes of Music, Disc 2 about 45min, pretty good value..
No i dont really agree with you but thats ok no worries, there is no way jim and meat did much in one take ever, just poping a "live" track in the middle of an album would kill the flow....either way when you hear it you can better judge at that point..... i hope you can enjoy it
Cheers
Nick
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 02:22   #6
ashkent7
Super Loafer

For me, there's a couple that more than likely will always sit second to Meat's versions - as much because of Jim's production or influence on them as Meat's delivery - but I like the list. Especially looking forward to seeing the two Dead Ringer tracks get a better production.

As for the second CD, although i think they could have been added on all versions (like the piano demos on the end of Braver on itunes) if they are like the like acoustic stuff I have heard then I think it's right they are segregated in some way.

Roll on February.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 02:41   #7
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
Disc 1 is about 50 minutes of Music, Disc 2 about 45min, pretty good value..
For those buying a hard copy, yeah. In a digital age, length only matters to those with a short attention span. One could hardly argue that applies to fans of Jim and Meat after what we've enjoyed over the years, right? xD
Old 08 Dec 2016, 12:11   #8
eltmatt
Super Loafer

As I said on Facebook, im looking forward to this!
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 14:54   #9
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Confused about Bravers addition

Why? Meat has just released GATW just seems counter productive

Should've put out a cut of Tyce doing IJWQ or ending with Tonight Is what it means to be young or nowhere fast
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 14:59   #10
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer

I'm very happy that I will have (when it comes) very good album.
Meat Loaf_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 18:16   #11
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Confused about Bravers addition

Why? Meat has just released GATW just seems counter productive

Should've put out a cut of Tyce doing IJWQ or ending with Tonight Is what it means to be young or nowhere fast
It's not a recent addition; gossip has counted this song as part of the album almost since they started talking about it.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 19:36   #12
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
It's not a recent addition; gossip has counted this song as part of the album almost since they started talking about it.
Interesting to hear what we "should" have done, its not quite as easy as you think to say "hey lets do XYZ song" what if the artist has not found the character of that song, or simply does not like it or get it? what if its been done and was deemed not good enough for release? you MUST have heard ML talk about finding the character of Jim's songs over the years.

As far as Including Braver, why not? it was recorded and finalized in June 2016...

And why compare Meat with Tyce, two COMPLETELY different vocalists, with different interpretations and characters of some of the same songs, i can see why some may say it will never compare to Meat without hearing it, and that maybe so and i agree, we are not trying to compete, but this is Music and art so why not just embrace and enjoy what we have, i have spent countless hours and money creating this along with Tyce, Zak and Pat, then it was picked up by a label and Management so things are looking up, this is the music you all love and with the right support we can bring the live show to Europe next year.......i was kind of expecting more of a "Good Luck" or "thanks for keeping the music alive and live" comments....

Nick
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 20:00   #13
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Interesting to hear what we "should" have done, its not quite as easy as you think to say "hey lets do XYZ song" what if the artist has not found the character of that song, or simply does not like it or get it? what if its been done and was deemed not good enough for release? you MUST have heard ML talk about finding the character of Jim's songs over the years.

As far as Including Braver, why not? it was recorded and finalized in June 2016...

And why compare Meat with Tyce, two COMPLETELY different vocalists, with different interpretations and characters of some of the same songs, i can see why some may say it will never compare to Meat without hearing it, and that maybe so and i agree, we are not trying to compete, but this is Music and art so why not just embrace and enjoy what we have, i have spent countless hours and money creating this along with Tyce, Zak and Pat, then it was picked up by a label and Management so things are looking up, this is the music you all love and with the right support we can bring the live show to Europe next year.......i was kind of expecting more of a "Good Luck" or "thanks for keeping the music alive and live" comments....

Nick
I was looking at the braver addition from a marketing perspective. Tyce prolly kills it.

I stand corrected, but tyce on those two tracks i said would be LIT
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 20:06   #14
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Has "Hero" had any lyrical change? I have always thought of that as a woman's song, partially because Bonnie did it. But also from a character perspective. Maybe that is just my "old-school" train of thought showing.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2016, 20:15   #15
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
Has "Hero" had any lyrical change? I have always thought of that as a woman's song, partially because Bonnie did it. But also from a character perspective. Maybe that is just my "old-school" train of thought showing.
Great question, there are no changes to the lyrics......the original lyrics work fine for Tyce as they are :)

Nick
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 08 Dec 2016, 23:57   #16
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:

Nick
Now my question is why you're being so damn defensive about it, if this project is everything you wanted it to be and reflects all the great choices you think were made. If this works as it is, why can't you handle somebody spit-balling a few suggestions instead of getting hostile because we're not groveling? Clearly I'm not going to agree with you, and clearly I don't have to, just like you don't have to be so bothered by it. I've been a theatrical producer for 11 years, I know how it feels to put a lot of time and effort into something, but that doesn't mean I can't handle outside suggestions.

Further, we get that you believe in the project, and that Tyce is good at what he does, but you're posting about it on a Meat Loaf fan forum (as opposed to the Rockman or a Steinman fan site), for crying out loud (no pun intended). Maybe you could expect some "good luck" and "thanks for keeping the music alive" here, and indeed I see some of that in the replies, but this is a Meat Loaf forum. Of course they're gonna compare him to Meat Loaf, be it favorably or unfavorably! I knew that the song was going to be on the album (never mind how), they didn't, but Meat's came out first, so of course his fans will jump to Meat's side and ask why Tyce is "covering" something Meat just did.

I look forward to it either way. I was just expressing some thoughts. You can take them or leave them (looks to me like you'll leave them). Not a big deal, or at least not as big as you're making it.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2016, 00:31   #17
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Now my question is why you're being so damn defensive about it, if this project is everything you wanted it to be and reflects all the great choices you think were made. If this works as it is, why can't you handle somebody spit-balling a few suggestions instead of getting hostile because we're not groveling? Clearly I'm not going to agree with you, and clearly I don't have to, just like you don't have to be so bothered by it. I've been a theatrical producer for 11 years, I know how it feels to put a lot of time and effort into something, but that doesn't mean I can't handle outside suggestions.

Further, we get that you believe in the project, and that Tyce is good at what he does, but you're posting about it on a Meat Loaf fan forum (as opposed to the Rockman or a Steinman fan site), for crying out loud (no pun intended). Maybe you could expect some "good luck" and "thanks for keeping the music alive" here, and indeed I see some of that in the replies, but this is a Meat Loaf forum. Of course they're gonna compare him to Meat Loaf, be it favorably or unfavorably! I knew that the song was going to be on the album (never mind how), they didn't, but Meat's came out first, so of course his fans will jump to Meat's side and ask why Tyce is "covering" something Meat just did.

I look forward to it either way. I was just expressing some thoughts. You can take them or leave them (looks to me like you'll leave them). Not a big deal, or at least not as big as you're making it.
So it was posted on Rockman before here by the way....maybe check some facts first :)...i just don't understand why we would want suggestions when its a finished project, if we wanted suggestions we would have asked before we recorded it, i posted here to inform meat and jim fans about the album, trying to keep the music alive thats all......no need to get upset, lets just try to get along and enjoy some great music.

groveling? huh really? pretty sure this site is Meat and Meat related, if not please someone let me know....and i am not being sarcastic, if i should not be posting on this site please someone tell me....

So you knew Braver was on the album huh.....i highly doubt that

Lets just move on
Old 09 Dec 2016, 00:43   #18
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Bizarre to add Braver so soon after the first official commercial release by both Meat and Jim, bizarre to add Hero and All coming back, songs I seriously think are written for female singers (yes even Meat got that wrong but at least it was a duet with a female on it and made somewhat sense). Haven't we had enough covers of that song anyway? Bizarre to get Julie Bell to do the artwork here too (really? ).

Finally I find it bizarre Tyce seems so intent on showing off his disdain towards Trump supporters/voters so early on in his career over and over again to the point he seems to think there is something morally or educationally wrong with these people. Maybe he can afford to do that if he is only targeting the New York, California and UK markets? He writes how much respect he would gain from Trump supporters if they were honest and stop ignoring what they want to ignore. He seems very sure of himself all Trump supporters are doing that. Hmmm.

Look I get the American election was divise but that doesn't mean you should make it worse by keep going on about it when you are starting to market a product. I find it foolish and typically ignorant from young artists these days. Interesting to note that this problem with artists has been discussed on this forum recently.

A cover of Ill kill you is interesting...
But ultimately not for me this Tyce guy, at least not now.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2016, 01:02   #19
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Bizarre to add Braver so soon after the first official commercial release by both Meat and Jim, bizarre to add Hero and All coming back, songs I seriously think are written for female singers (yes even Meat got that wrong but at least it was a duet with a female on it and made somewhat sense). Haven't we had enough covers of that song anyway? Bizarre to get Julie Bell to do the artwork here too (really? ).

Finally I find it bizarre Tyce seems so intent on showing off his disdain towards Trump supporters/voters so early on in his career over and over again to the point he seems to think there is something morally or educationally wrong with these people. Maybe he can afford to do that if he is only targeting the New York, California and UK markets? He writes how much respect he would gain from Trump supporters if they were honest and stop ignoring what they want to ignore. He seems very sure of himself all Trump supporters are doing that. Hmmm.

Look I get the American election was divise but that doesn't mean you should make it worse by keep going on about it when you are starting to market a product. I find it foolish and typically ignorant from young artists these days. Interesting to note that this problem with artists has been discussed on this forum recently.

A cover of Ill kill you is interesting...
But ultimately not for me this Tyce guy, at least not now.
Hey Andrew, totally get it, not thrilled with mixing politics and Music either, both should be separated by miles!!!....Julie is the best artist for the project, her art is far superior than most....Braver was recorded months before we heard Meats, Hero may not be as bizarre as you think, it makes cense if you know Tyce as do any other female related songs.....imo there are no boundries in relation to a male singing a female part or vice versa...

This album is designed hopefully for a new generation of Steinman fans, Zak and Tyce are both in their 20s so were -20 when Bat came out!! Imagine that!

Anyway, give it a shot you may like it
Nick
Old 09 Dec 2016, 01:27   #20
AndrewG

Quote:
Hey Andrew, totally get it, not thrilled with mixing politics and Music either, both should be separated by miles!!!....Julie is the best artist for the project, her art is far superior than most....Braver was recorded months before we heard Meats, Hero may not be as bizarre as you think, it makes cense if you know Tyce as do any other female related songs.....imo there are no boundries in relation to a male singing a female part or vice versa...

This album is designed hopefully for a new generation of Steinman fans, Zak and Tyce are both in their 20s so were -20 when Bat came out!! Imagine that!

Anyway, give it a shot you may like it
Nick
Impressive response.
Thank you.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2016, 03:31   #21
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Nick
Just to say I wish you all the luck in the world with this project, and I can't wait to hear a fresh and exciting new take on this collection of great songs. I hope it helps bring the peerless music of Jim Steinman to a whole new generation of people who may never have considered listening to it before.

All the best.

Simon.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2016, 03:46   #22
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
Just to say I wish you all the luck in the world with this project, and I can't wait to hear a fresh and exciting new take on this collection of great songs. I hope it helps bring the peerless music of Jim Steinman to a whole new generation of people who may never have considered listening to it before.

All the best.

Simon.
Simon, thanks so much! Thats exactly the goal!!! And written so well, much appreciated!!
Nick
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2016, 12:48   #23
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

Quote:
but Meat's came out first, so of course his fans will jump to Meat's side and ask why Tyce is "covering" something Meat just did.
Loving you's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2016, 13:32   #24
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
Loving you's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.
The original is a 30 year old song. Not quite a comparison what you were arguing with.

Personally I think it would have been better if Meat had done a less famous Bonnie cover such as Ravishing. A forgotten gem which is exactly the type of song that should be covered. The chorus is superb and screams Meat Loaf to me. A more rock version of that would be like a combo of More and Braver itself.

I stand corrected. Just realised Ravishing was used as a theme for Hulk Hogan.
Oh well no more unknown/forgotten Steinman gems left to cover. Time to stop with that anyway for Meat.

Last edited by AndrewG; 09 Dec 2016 at 13:37. Reason: Didn't know about Hulk Hogan nonsense.
Old 09 Dec 2016, 15:47   #25
eltmatt
Super Loafer

I too wish Tyce wouldn't preach so much about politics and I'm from the UK.

Anyway I don't see why people would be too hung up over perception of male/female lyrics, as a gay man my instinct tells me Tyce probably leans that way

Anyway I'm looking forward to the release and would love to see a live show over here and meet Tyce etc, the thought of no one properly performing Jim's stuff live with a band saddens me so this should be a good start
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.