PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 05 Sep 2021, 13:16   #1
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Default Kitchen Sink - A Queen Special

Ever hear about the time Patti fell asleep on Roger Taylor's floor?
How about Robert De Niro and the infamous cashmere jacket?
From Garden Lodge to tackling the discography.
All of this and more ...
The Kitchen Sink Queen Special.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 14:09   #2
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Would have loved to have seen a Queen + Patti tour instead of Paul Rodgers. (Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Pauls interpretations of Queen songs, was enjoyable, but based on the clips I've seen from the Queen day concert, A Patti led Queen would have been amazing!)
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 15:33   #3
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I don't know about that, but Patti would certainly be an improvement over everyone Queen have worked with since Paul Rodgers.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2021, 19:01   #4
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Let's put it to the test.

Queen + Paul Rodgers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJfvMRREeD0

Queen + Patti:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRM8v5VmysU

Same song. Former is professionally produced for a worldwide release, latter is low resolution as filmed and recorded on the day.

Performance, presence, vocals, timbre?

You decide.

P.S. Any questions about this brief journey into Queen's past and present?
Go right ahead
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2021, 17:03   #5
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

In addition to wearing some fine cashmere, Bob is a swell guy. I have stories. We'll talk later, Doode.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2022, 10:33   #6
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Congratulations on your latest podcast, was very interesting, and will def keep listening if you continue with this new format!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Mar 2022, 14:45   #7
nightinr
Super Loafer

It would be great if we could hear from Patti again and is there any plan to share your experience with Jim in further detail?

Hope you are well...
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2022, 18:45   #8
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

My guess, based on the past locked threads and TWG's website, is:

In Patti's case, what you see on Twitter is likely what you're gonna get. She's like a bird: you can't tie her down, just hope she'll fly by now and again, and frankly, I consider TWG lucky he was able to get her to participate in the podcast as long as she did. Don't take what I just said the wrong way, she's probably coming back to it, but if she tells more of her story, I predict it'll be incidental at best, like TWG's passing mentions of her and allusions to his story in the most recent episode. From the beginning, they've made it clear that the podcast was not only about their stories, and they seem to be moving more swiftly into the latter half of it than initially intended. Their choice, their decision.

In TWG's case, you might hear more, but in a somewhat different form than the audience would like -- something that's less a straight recitation of facts and slightly more fictionalized, presumably in an attempt to avoid legal blowback. (I think that's ill-advised, it might muddy the waters if he attempts to pursue something later, but I've been told in so many words that my advice is appreciated "and will be considered," which here means ignored, and life is too short to argue with someone who very clearly knows what they want to do and has their mind firmly set on it.)

But it's only a guess, and I'm sure TWG will pop along to correct me in short order.
Old 30 Mar 2022, 23:33   #9
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
It would be great if we could hear from Patti again and is there any plan to share your experience with Jim in further detail?

Hope you are well...
In the locked Patti thread, TWG said that they'd decided to leave Patti & Meat stuff where it was, and move in a new direction. I'd assume the same goes for Jim as well.
Old 31 Mar 2022, 00:17   #10
sandmage
Rookie

As much as I, too, would like to know more about Jim's life, it is important to remember. Any friend of Jim and/or Meat would respect the privacy of their conversations. And respect their decision to keep their personal life as private as they kept it. Whatever TWG writes, it may be true, or it may be fan fiction. He clearly wants to capitalize on the idea that it might be true, though.

TWG already went so far as to release medical details about Jim that were not public knowledge if they are true.
sandmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2022, 18:40   #11
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

In my experience, I wouldn't question TWG's story so much. The specific details of incidents involving, let's say, packages in the mail never happened to me, but everything else more or less tracks with my Jim experiences, both the ones I lived and the ones I've heard about.