mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 24 Mar 2017, 20:18   #151
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Oh it's not meant combative. But as a man from the music buisiness you should know how things go these days (years). Even Star Wars was already available in digital 1080p edition before they released the official digital version (not to mention the bluray itself in April). It's the internet area. It's not a question if it's leaked, but when. Tyce's CD didn't last a day I believe.

And to be frank, I always check it in the free digital world before I decide to buy myself a copy And I buy a lot, (mainly BluRay discs) but thankfully I can now see/hear if it's worth my money, taste-wise
I surely do know how it works trust me!!!, but just because others have loaded it for illegal free downloads or whatever does not mean i can't try to remedy the issue, and keep the few pennies we make in our pockets instead of a bootlegger......so what is the exact issue with revealing where you got this from? i googled and am pretty resourceful and did not find much, why not PM me the link where you got it so i can have it taken down? this way Jim can get his due royalties also.....

Nick
mindnick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2017, 22:56   #152
Adje
trying to be realistic

For the reason I mentioned earlier, I am not really interested in giving my source. In this case I decided not to buy the album. In other cases this source has me spending money for finding material there, that I wanted to own and bought. I know more people like me use that place for the same reasons.

Anyway, if you're not able to find it, maybe it means you have nothing to worry about.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone else here the link to my source.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 23:32   #153
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
For the reason I mentioned earlier, I am not really interested in giving my source. In this case I decided not to buy the album. In other cases this source has me spending money for finding material there, that I wanted to own and bought. I know more people like me use that place for the same reasons.

Anyway, if you're not able to find it, maybe it means you have nothing to worry about.

And no, I'm not going to give anyone else here the link to my source.
So right, exactly what i was getting at, you stole the music of Broadway Records, Tyce, me and Zak the producer, and Jim Steinman for that matter, regardless if you liked it or not you stole it to save a couple dollars/euros to see if you liked it or not......congrats on ripping off a new artist...and likely many more
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 01:05   #154
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

The fact is that more people today want to hear what they are potentially buying and as we say in the country Tyce Green is a "pig in a poke". Most people never heard of him, maybe they will someday but counting on people to just blindly buy his CD is probably unrealistic.

Whether or not that is technically "right" is an entirely other issue. I have heard songs playing in stores and bought the song, but there I had exposure to the song. Where do you get that with Tyce? It is basically saying I like Jim Steinman songs so I will just track down this relative unknown and buy what he is selling.

Things just don't work that way now because other ways are available if you know how to search. It used to be that you heard the song on the radio but that is very difficult for new artists now.

If I invest $20 in a CD and toss it in the bin or resell it on ebay because I don't like it I had to find an artist with almost zero promotion and buy on blind faith or I can just take a listen - just one listen and if I like it I buy it.

It is not like at least 90% of internet savvy people have not done this. It is just the way of the world now and expecting someone to track it down with no publicity and blindly fork over $20 is just not practical.

Legality is another thing, but the pragmatic way of the world is what it is. Unless someone can plead innocent to ever downloading it is a part of everyday life now - right or wrong.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 01:58   #155
mindnick1
Sound Guy

So funny but we thought of this prior to release, and there have been samples online and guess what, samples of every song have been available at

http://www.broadwayrecords.com/cds/tyce-hero

You can listen to every song on the album and deterimne if you like it and buy it or not, So searching out illegal dowloand websites under the umbrella that you wanted to try the product first is a mute point when a simple seach for Broadway Records would have got you what you want....so then it was a choice to steal the enitre album, and not a "trial" because you did not want to waste your money.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 02:18   #156
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
So funny but we thought of this prior to release, and there have been samples online and guess what, samples of every song have been available at

http://www.broadwayrecords.com/cds/tyce-hero

You can listen to every song on the album and deterimne if you like it and buy it or not, So searching out illegal dowloand websites under the umbrella that you wanted to try the product first is a mute point when a simple seach for Broadway Records would have got you what you want....so then it was a choice to steal the enitre album, and not a "trial" because you did not want to waste your money.
A 30 second snippet of a Jim Steinman length song isn't that telling. I wanted to buy 2 tracks I thought had potential but I have Android devices so no itunes. I looked on Amazon but it was not there digitally. I even asked about it on here. I would have bought at least those 2 tracks had they been on a platform I can use.

Even Meat Loaf had BTWA out everywhere weeks before the physical CD came out. A lot of people listened to it online and said they sis not like the vocals and would not purchase it.

How many among us has never downloaded something we did not pay for? I'm not saying it is a good thing to do. Should I buy the CD now even though I mostly disliked it? Had I liked it I certainly would have purchased.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 02:34   #157
mindnick1
Sound Guy

So now were going to hide behind a 30 sec snippet is not long enougth so we go out and steal? Funny....most people in the uk who bought the cd (legally) are just getting their copy now, they ordered and waited patiently....

I would not want anyone to buy it that does not like it, so the answer is no i dont think you should buy it if you dont like it..
Old 25 Mar 2017, 02:36   #158
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Lets see how many people will openly admit to stealing Meats music?
Old 25 Mar 2017, 02:42   #159
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

samples vs "you can listen to every song on the album and determine if you like it and buy it or not".

i'm old school, analogue in a digital world, back in my day, i could go to a newsagents, and lift a magazine of the shelf and have a flick through, if i liked and was interested, i could buy it, if not back on the shelf it went.

as a car guy, i would want a full in depth test drive to get to know the product before i hand over hard earned cash, that might be influenced by product reviews and knowledge of the manufacturers previous models.

then we had songs on radio, and performances on tv, all great samples as such, to hook a listener.

but with a new performer to the market, i think it may be madness to rely on the tried and tested methods of 20 or 30 years ago, the ed sheerans and biebers of this world would have got nowhere without the exposure of the internet

and for the record, i haven't heard any of tyce's album

i don't do long posts, i do random drunk thoughts, and that post took a longgggggg time to piece together lol
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 03:27   #160
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
samples vs "you can listen to every song on the album and determine if you like it and buy it or not".

i'm old school, analogue in a digital world, back in my day, i could go to a newsagents, and lift a magazine of the shelf and have a flick through, if i liked and was interested, i could buy it, if not back on the shelf it went.

as a car guy, i would want a full in depth test drive to get to know the product before i hand over hard earned cash, that might be influenced by product reviews and knowledge of the manufacturers previous models.

then we had songs on radio, and performances on tv, all great samples as such, to hook a listener.

but with a new performer to the market, i think it may be madness to rely on the tried and tested methods of 20 or 30 years ago, the ed sheerans and biebers of this world would have got nowhere without the exposure of the internet

and for the record, i haven't heard any of tyce's album

i don't do long posts, i do random drunk thoughts, and that post took a longgggggg time to piece together lol
CD stores used to have listening stations. Bookstores now are coffee shops where you can actually sit and read printed material offered for sale. If you buy a book it is practically a used book. It is what it is. I shouldn't have listened to it and I didn't keep it. Had I wanted to keep it I would have purchased it. I wanted to purchase 2 tracks as a legal sample but I don't have an Apple phone any more (see my earlier posts). I'm not sure how an unknown artist is going to ever be known today, I just won't buy anything by anyone I don't know and have not heard in the future.
Listening to it online was wrong.

Last edited by loaferman61; 25 Mar 2017 at 03:33.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:26   #161
anotherday
Super Loafer

*popcorn*
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:13   #162
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I'm with anotherday. It's devolved into a thread-length edition of

letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:45   #163
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

One thing that is odd, is that my CD of Hero, which I'm still enjoying by the way, won't play at all or even be recognised on my computer. Very odd as I want to rip the MP3s so I can play them in the car. Will try on my laptop but it's the first time it's ever happened...
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2017, 16:45   #164
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

apologies, madness was wrong. It's the usual frustration of trying to get new music and artists out there. Chicken and egg scenarios, how to build an audience and support. How to get the music heard. There's no simple formula
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2017, 00:09   #165
Sebastian.
Biggles

Just bought this.... really enjoying it. The arrangements are great. Tyce isn't trying to be Meat and really holds his own.

Congrats to Nick, Tyce and everyone else!
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 00:38   #166
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
Lets see how many people will openly admit to stealing Meats music?
Me. Flash back to 2006 and the entire Bat 3 album was played on a special radio show before its release. Someone recorded it, shared it on YouTube and I downloaded it. When Hell In A Handbasket was released in Australia six months before anywhere else, I downloaded it again from YouTube. In both cases I still bought the album later.

But i kind of get the new artist thing. I heard Ivy Lavern on the new Rocky Horror heap of sh... She didn't really sing my style of music but i found her album on YouTube so i listened to it...or stole it if you want. I listened to it twice and decided I actually liked a lot of it so tracked it down and bought it. If I hadn't been able to do it or didn't like it, I probably wouldn't have bought it so it swings both ways. If i hadn't been able to listen to it, i wouldn't have bought it. If i listened to it and didn't like it, i wouldn't have bought it. If I had been forced to buy it to hear it and didn't like it there's that wonderful distance selling clause where you can pretty much return anything to Amazon so i would have returned it. So, unless I liked it when i heard it, however i heard it, they wouldn't have gotten a sale.

In a way though, for years our library has had CDs that you can take out the same as books. I haven't taken any out for years, but I used to frequently take out CDs and rip them to my Ipod. Is that any different? I don't really think my local library will be giving out royalties based on the number of times an album is checked out so it's just the same thing.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2017, 01:35   #167
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian. View Post
Just bought this.... really enjoying it. The arrangements are great. Tyce isn't trying to be Meat and really holds his own.

Congrats to Nick, Tyce and everyone else!
Thanks for "buying" this Seb!!! Keeping music alive!!!!!
See you on the uk tour!!!

Nick
Old 26 Mar 2017, 04:51   #168
Michael Marxen
Super Loafer

Hero is obviously done with enthusiasm for SteinMeatmusic.
One of its masterminds comes here, explains details and all we do is mostly tear him apart?!

C`mon, lets give Nick a break. I sympasize with all his statements - as much as I sympasize with the acoustic CD.
HOFAH, EIP, IGLHFBOU and FCOL are on heavy rotation for days now. Even more respect to Tyce and Zakk if thats all done in just one take!
The regular CD and Tyce using the high register less so. But probably impossible to touch "our" holy SteinMeat blueprints and keep us satisfied anyhow.

Even if its "just" covers and Jims ("creative consultant") influence might have been overexposed, its a brave achievement.
Thanks Nick and everyone involved! Good luck with spreading Jims genius your way. And thanks for coming here and share insides despite its less than rewarding.
Michael Marxen is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 05:52   #169
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Marxen View Post
Hero is obviously done with enthusiasm for SteinMeatmusic.
One of its masterminds comes here, explains details and all we do is mostly tear him apart?!

C`mon, lets give Nick a break. I sympasize with all his statements - as much as I sympasize with the acoustic CD.
HOFAH, EIP, IGLHFBOU and FCOL are on heavy rotation for days now. Even more respect to Tyce and Zakk if thats all done in just one take!
The regular CD and Tyce using the high register less so. But probably impossible to touch "our" holy SteinMeat blueprints and keep us satisfied anyhow.

Even if its "just" covers and Jims ("creative consultant") influence might have been overexposed, its a brave achievement.
Thanks Nick and everyone involved! Good luck with spreading Jims genius your way. And thanks for coming here and share insides despite its less than rewarding.

The voice of reason! Thanks so much Michael!!! Love what you had to say, and this project has been a emotional drain on finances and life, for lots of reasons, then i come hear where everyone loves Stein meat and boom i get kicked in the teeth repeatadly for calling people out who have clearly stolen mine and Jims music, blows my mind.... but then your support!!! Thanks so much

The acoustic cd was 100% one take no edits, you can even hear the odd mistake that we did not fix, you can hear the rattle of a snare drum on AFL...you can here some pitch issues, but none of that matters, the essence of the performances was what mattered....and captured forever.......still to be confirmend is an acosutic private show from NYC April 5th...basisally disc 2 live....anyone who friends me will be able to see it live as i will stream in fb ..negative and over crical people i will just delete....find me....

There are about 20 invites for any local NYC folk who want to come for free so long as you have purchased a cd or download..there is a seat and invite for Jim also...

Facebook
Nickyjames
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 18:41   #170
tonyloaf
Metal Head

thanks for all the info Nicky
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 06:47   #171
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Default Live Stream April 5th from NYC @7pm

https://www.concertwindow.com/160696-tyce

Only $5

Nick
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 16 Apr 2017, 14:55   #172
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

When is Tyce - Surfs Up coming out Nick?
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2017, 02:00   #173
madagascar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
Totally true. Tink is 'Not Allowed to Love' Strat
Again, not true. pm for further info.
madagascar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 02:38   #174
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Have you seen Bat out of Hell the Musical?
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 13:23   #175
eltmatt
Super Loafer

Clearly hasn't. I saw it for the 3rd time the other week and Strat actually kissed Tink on the lips.

There's an article in Gaytimes magazine with Andrew Polec the main strat and he even mentions there's gay love in the musical.
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.