Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Life » Off Topic

Old 08 May 2010, 15:18   #1201
Katrin
Rookie

Location:  Görlitz (a little town in Germany on the polish border)

Hi!
Although I am a member of MLFCUK been a while, but I have only now found the opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Katrin and I'm 32 years old and live in a cute little German town called Görlitz. (I'm sure you've never heard of it but it is a beautiful resort.)
I am a huge fan since 1993, by Meat Loaf.
Unfortunately, I could see Meat live only for two concerts. (But from the Bat Cave)
But I am now, an even avid Meat Loaf fan.
Right now I work as a tour guide to my hometown.
P.S
I know my english is not the best! I understand it very well, but I still find it a really to hard to write in english. Please bear with me.
Katrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 17:11   #1202
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Your English is fine!!! Welcome to the forum
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 17:35   #1203
heidi
Super Loafer

hi katrin, nice to meet you here (lol). greets from hamburg to görlitz.
heidi
heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 20:14   #1204
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin View Post
Hi!
Although I am a member of MLFCUK been a while, but I have only now found the opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Katrin and I'm 32 years old and live in a cute little German town called Görlitz. (I'm sure you've never heard of it but it is a beautiful resort.)
Unfortunately, I could see Meat live only for two concerts. (But from the Bat Cave)
P.S
I know my english is not the best! I understand it very well, but I still find it a really to hard to write in english. Please bear with me.
Makes absolutely perfect sense to me .
Welcome and it's nice to meet you .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 20:30   #1205
Lucky79
Senior Loafer

hi there kathrin, great to know you're here , too
*hugs*
Lucky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 20:34   #1206
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin View Post
Hi!
P.S
Welcome to the forums Katrin.
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 20:40   #1207
newcat1811
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
Here is a lot of new members but they never write here. Then why do they register themselves?
Maybe we are shy?

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am 33 years old, and right now I live in Münster, Germany. I've loved Meat Loaf ever since I heard "Anything for Love" for the first time, and bought that album, but listened to that one track over and over again. Only later I discovered how great the rest of the album is. And the other albums. (is that the plural? nevermind.... And I think one of the reasons why I am here is, that none of my friends are Meat Loaf -fans. I have no idea why. Apart from that, they are really great people

So, it's great to know you're all there
newcat1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2010, 21:37   #1208
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Welcom Katrin and newcat1811.

Suzieq
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 00:16   #1209
howlerformeatloaf
loaf howler

welcom both of you to the club. Everyone is very nice on here and very friendly. Thanks for joining us.
howlerformeatloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 01:04   #1210
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcat1811 View Post
Maybe we are shy?

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am 33 years old, and right now I live in Münster, Germany. I've loved Meat Loaf ever since I heard "Anything for Love" for the first time, and bought that album, but listened to that one track over and over again. Only later I discovered how great the rest of the album is. And the other albums. (is that the plural? nevermind.... And I think one of the reasons why I am here is, that none of my friends are Meat Loaf -fans. I have no idea why. Apart from that, they are really great people

So, it's great to know you're all there
Nice to meet you,
Have a good time here .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 00:54   #1211
StuE2
Rookie

Default New Member - Old Fan

Hey All - I didn't know where to post my introduction but I kinda had to seeing as I signed up. Is there a new member's thread?? Maybe I'm too sober to find it haha!
So to introduce meself....first record I ever bought was Dead Ringer For Love back in '81 was hooked ever since. I then discovered record fairs and collected a very interesting lot of Meat Loaf vinyl etc
Anyways, I've seen Meat Loaf shows since '85 but the last time I saw him play was in '99 because that show to me (and my mam and dad) was really really bad so I stopped buying the albums and sorta wistfully wished that things were like they used to be. I'm expecting to be banned now hahaha!!
But....HCTB is an effing wonderful album and now since my son is into Meat Loaf I am looking forward to watching a show again!!
I could go on and on but y'kna I won't. Just one more thing though - I'll always be grateful to Meat Loaf personally for him and his sponsors(Harp Lager)for inviting us and PAYING for us to travel to Bristol on the train, the hotel and backstage passes etc back in 1988. I will NEVER EVER forget that!
Cheers for reading y'all.

StuE

My edit then - just found this thread so apologies and also apologies for the 'unofficial live recordings on ancient C90' reference!!

Last edited by StuE2; 31 May 2010 at 01:12. Reason: bootleg references removed
StuE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 16:37   #1212
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

welcome to the madness
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 17:03   #1213
lisa01
Super Loafer

Default New members

Hi iam lisa01 i have been a very big fan of meat loaf since 1993 and i would like to say hello and welcome to all the new fan club members
lisa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2010, 23:46   #1214
Rage Against

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuE2 View Post
Hey All - I didn't know where to post my introduction but I kinda had to seeing as I signed up. Is there a new member's thread?? Maybe I'm too sober to find it haha!
So to introduce meself....first record I ever bought was Dead Ringer For Love back in '81 was hooked ever since. I then discovered record fairs and collected a very interesting lot of Meat Loaf vinyl etc
Anyways, I've seen Meat Loaf shows since '85 but the last time I saw him play was in '99 because that show to me (and my mam and dad) was really really bad so I stopped buying the albums and sorta wistfully wished that things were like they used to be. I'm expecting to be banned now hahaha!!
But....HCTB is an effing wonderful album and now since my son is into Meat Loaf I am looking forward to watching a show again!!
I could go on and on but y'kna I won't. Just one more thing though - I'll always be grateful to Meat Loaf personally for him and his sponsors(Harp Lager)for inviting us and PAYING for us to travel to Bristol on the train, the hotel and backstage passes etc back in 1988. I will NEVER EVER forget that!
Cheers for reading y'all.

StuE

My edit then - just found this thread so apologies and also apologies for the 'unofficial live recordings on ancient C90' reference!!

Welcome StuE!
Rage Against is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 19:49   #1215
StuE2
Rookie

Cheers the all the welcomes, yooz lots!!!
StuE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2010, 14:07   #1216
Danny
Super Loafer

Oh sorry I must be blind.
I saw this thread today for the first time.
Here some details to my person. I´m 40 years old and I live in Plauen, Germany. This is a small town near Leipzig, maybe somebody know this city? I have two boys and I work as a executive secretary in a architect´s office.
I grow up in east germany. In this land to get album or a video from an american musicer - no way, or very very difficult. That´s why I dont know Meat Loaf before BOOH II came out.
Since 1993 AFL came out - I´m the greatest Meat Loaf fan OK like all of us When he was on tour here in germany, i was there. All stuff from Meat Loaf which I can get is in my collection. Not one of my friends is a Meat Loaf fan, unfortunately, so it is good to find other fans here.

I´m sure we will have a nice time together
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2010, 17:54   #1217
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Welcome to the forum Danny.
Good to have you with us
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2010, 18:37   #1218
Drumbum
Senior Loafer

Hah, never spotted this myself although I think I set up a thread introducing myself. I can't remember.

I'm Mary, just gone 21 and I love Meat Loaf! I have seen him once in concert and I intend on seeing him again.
Drumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2010, 18:51   #1219
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Welcome Danny!
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2010, 20:43   #1220
unbekannt
Super Loafer

Hello, I'm new as well.
I'm 27 years old and live in Bremen, Germany. I grew up with Meat's music, so I guess you can say I've always been a fan. Unfortunately, I've only see him two times in concert, '07 and '08. Really looking forward to the German tour!

Quote:
Not one of my friends is a Meat Loaf fan, unfortunately, so it is good to find other fans here.
Same here! „You're listening to Meat Loaf?! Does he have other songs beside „I'd do anything for love“? No, not my kind of music!“
DOH!
unbekannt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2010, 01:09   #1221
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

is this a new thread?
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2010, 01:29   #1222
Megan
Super Loafer

welcome guys! don't be shy... they normally don't bite here :) it took me a bit before i started posting...
Megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2010, 01:34   #1223
~Helen~
Mega Loafer

Ah welcome all ... to the madness!
~Helen~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2010, 04:16   #1224
Rage Against

Welcome!!!!!
Rage Against is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2010, 04:46   #1225
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Default Never introduced myself here...

Heyo. Im new here. Im chris and Love meat loaf a lot.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote