Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 06 Jul 2022, 11:18   #51
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Exactly so Michael. Pissing on his grave is in my view only demeaning to any who engage in it
There's a sizeable difference between telling the truth and 'pissing on his grave'.
You know that.
I know that.
Let's move on.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 06 Jul 2022 at 12:05.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Jul 2022, 21:20   #52
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
There's a sizeable difference between telling the truth and 'pissing on his grave'.
You know that.
I know that.
Let's move on.
Truth in the eyes of who? Meat is not here to tell his side of the story because he is dead. Yet, on his supposed 'fan club', folks are dissecting this story trying to dig up just how much of an asshole he was. I feel like pissing on his grave fits the bill here. This is not the place. Make a Facebook group or something. I'm sure there are many people who would join the group and enjoy gossip (let's face it, no true facts have been laid out, its pure gossip and mischievous "you know what he did wink wink nudge nudge" rhetoric at this point).

It's fairly common that people will come out of the woodwork after a person's death and try to ruin their reputation or "set things straight". In many cases, legitimate hurt feelings were involved. Meat was no saint, he was not perfect by any measurement. But as with most people, there was good and bad. I am not here to defend Meat or Patti or anyone. But I don't feel like THIS is the place to be having this discussion. It's already upsetting enough that my hero is dead. But to continuously have to come here and see more back and forth between ThatWriterGuy and others regarding "wink wink you should believe me based on (insert my opinion based on partial truthful information I heard)" just how ~~~~ed up Meat Loaf was is not enjoyable. Is this a fan club, or is it a tear Meat down club? Each person involved always brings their own opinion of what happened in the room. let's face it, we will never get the full picture. This conversation could go on literally forever and we still won't get there. Meat and Jim are dead. Others don't like talking about this and many loved Meat and had great experiences with him and don't feel like there is anything to discuss.

Time to move on sounds about right.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Jul 2022, 22:17   #53
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Truth in the eyes of who? Meat is not here to tell his side of the story because he is dead. Yet, on his supposed 'fan club', folks are dissecting this story trying to dig up just how much of an asshole he was. I feel like pissing on his grave fits the bill here. This is not the place. Make a Facebook group or something. I'm sure there are many people who would join the group and enjoy gossip (let's face it, no true facts have been laid out, its pure gossip and mischievous "you know what he did wink wink nudge nudge" rhetoric at this point).

It's fairly common that people will come out of the woodwork after a person's death and try to ruin their reputation or "set things straight". In many cases, legitimate hurt feelings were involved. Meat was no saint, he was not perfect by any measurement. But as with most people, there was good and bad. I am not here to defend Meat or Patti or anyone. But I don't feel like THIS is the place to be having this discussion. It's already upsetting enough that my hero is dead. But to continuously have to come here and see more back and forth between ThatWriterGuy and others regarding "wink wink you should believe me based on (insert my opinion based on partial truthful information I heard)" just how ~~~~ed up Meat Loaf was is not enjoyable. Is this a fan club, or is it a tear Meat down club? Each person involved always brings their own opinion of what happened in the room. let's face it, we will never get the full picture. This conversation could go on literally forever and we still won't get there. Meat and Jim are dead. Others don't like talking about this and many loved Meat and had great experiences with him and don't feel like there is anything to discuss.

Time to move on sounds about right.
See all of my previous posts. They address everything above (and then some).

No sweat.

But since you asked, and to answer your question directly:

Truth in the eyes of those who were there, and those who know those who were there. As it were, The Truth.

I was there for the Steinman stuff.
Patti et al were there for the Meat Loaf stuff.

If this upsets you, the answer is simple: Don't read it and go about your day. The only reason it gets posted here is because willfully bad actors appear and attempt to distort reality. This subject could have been put to bed multiple times, yet certain people always seem to think that they know better than those who experienced it first hand.

And that's fine, feel free to question, but expect me to pop in from time to time when it's brought to my attention and correct the inaccuracies.

Either way, I'm not losing any sleep.
You shouldn't either.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 06 Jul 2022 at 22:51.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Jul 2022, 14:01   #54
eltmatt
Super Loafer

Howcome you edit every post you make, are you not comfortable with what you say in the first instance?
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2022, 17:07   #55
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltmatt View Post
Howcome you edit every post you make, are you not comfortable with what you say in the first instance?
I'm a writer.

90% of writing is editing.

It's habitual. Nothing sinister.

Sometimes, I may want to phrase something slightly differently. Sometimes, if I feel like I've already made my point and repeated myself, I'll go back in and edit the repetition out.
Old 08 Jul 2022, 19:15   #56
Lee B
Senior Loafer

Well, if nothing else, this toxic thread is just about keeping the forum alive. Sad, sad times.

Miss you, Meat. Every day
Lee B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2022, 11:34   #57
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee B View Post
Well, if nothing else, this toxic thread is just about keeping the forum alive. Sad, sad times.

Miss you, Meat. Every day
Well this is exactly the thing. People who jump up and down often will get the attention they seem to crave and Twitter especially is superb for that, far better than a small Facebook group or a forum.

There are plenty who are siding and have sided with Patti and that may well be justified to a certain extent, but as the most reasonable (in my opinion) people pointed out to come out and say a bunch of carry on and throw ~~~~ yous to a widow straight after Meat's death was disgusting timing to say the least.

I wouldn't pay $44 to own Twitter let alone $44 billion.

A stupid place bringing the worst out of people and making everyone become a bunch of narcissists and pretty unreasonable at times.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Jul 2022, 13:43   #58
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee B View Post
Toxicity, as you call it, only persists if you give it oxygen. If you'd rather the forum survived for a better reason (in your view), why not come up with a topic?
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Jul 2022, 18:19   #59
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

I wouldn't pay $44 to own Twitter let alone $44 billion.
Agreed.
Musk was never going to buy Twitter. That much should be obvious.
A phrase you'll be hearing shortly: "Company adverse material effect".
Huge collapse in stock price if they accept the termination passively.
What Twitter are looking at it is both a criminal charge and being civilly sued, let alone losing major shareholders and advertisers (which should go without saying at this stage).
Beginning of the end.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 09 Jul 2022 at 18:33.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 22:46   #60
nightinr
Super Loafer

As I'm sure some of us will be aware Patti has been tweeting again in recent days with another installment of her "truth".

This installment is focused on Deborah. Has anybody got any information to back up or countradict Patti's account?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2022, 00:12   #61
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
As I'm sure some of us will be aware Patti has been tweeting again in recent days with another installment of her "truth".

This installment is focused on Deborah. Has anybody got any information to back up or countradict Patti's account?
Just had a read through...This time it does seem very heartfelt. She definitely felt her boss was treated wrongly...I wonder what being a fly on a wall in that hospital would have been like...I wish there wasn't this kind of drama happening, especially considering the nice things Meat's wife just posted on FB. But then Meat did have a knack for the dramatic didn't he?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 02:29   #62
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

What a carry on.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2022, 12:25   #63
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

She loved him very much, that’s obvious. That’s why she’s so upset about the whole situation.
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 18:46   #64
nightinr
Super Loafer

It would be great for Kitchen Sink to be reinvigorated to get to hear Patti's experiences.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 19:38   #65
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
It would be great for Kitchen Sink to be reinvigorated to get to hear Patti's experiences.
Nice try

Count me out of this one!
Old 28 Sep 2022, 21:15   #66
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina.K. View Post
She loved him very much, that’s obvious. That’s why she’s so upset about the whole situation.
yes!
Old 28 Sep 2022, 21:37   #67
nightinr
Super Loafer

Do we know if Patti was invited to the memorial service?
Old 28 Sep 2022, 22:07   #68
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Respectfully declined.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 23:26   #69
nightinr
Super Loafer

Thanks for the info Nick...

It's certainly interesting that Meat's daughters invited Patti....but no sign of Deborah we are led to believe.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Sep 2022, 00:16   #70
Guy
Super Loafer

Patti is always invited to my birthday party.
Anytime between now and me becoming a pensioner. 😜
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2022, 16:19   #71
JaysScout
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Thanks for the info Nick...

It's certainly interesting that Meat's daughters invited Patti....but no sign of Deborah we are led to believe.
Deborah was invited but declined.
JaysScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2022, 16:21   #72
JaysScout
Senior Loafer

Deborah was invited but declined.
JaysScout is offline   Reply With Quote