mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 29 Nov 2007, 14:55   #26
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankie View Post
Thanks for forwarding Zina!
Too bad my private jet is due to be in for an annual check up that very day
Yes, and Antonio Banderas has to be in back in Spain to visit his family...so he can't accompany me...

On the brighter note...it doesn't look to me like a plain mortal can make this thing...

And Rob Evan is honestly nothing to write home about...especially if you're a Meat's fan...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 15:08   #27
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankie View Post
The one I referred to
Thats what happens when I dont click on links lol.
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 15:09   #28
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Yes, and Antonio Banderas has to be in back in Spain to visit his family...so he can't accompany me...

On the brighter note...it doesn't look to me like a plain mortal can make this thing...

And Rob Evan is honestly nothing to write home about...especially if you're a Meat's fan...
Well plain mortals go through the same thing here to get into tv shows We have the same system, first so many get in rest get turned away. Ask Ansy, Lucy and Alex
Old 29 Nov 2007, 15:19   #29
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Well plain mortals go through the same thing here to get into tv shows We have the same system, first so many get in rest get turned away. Ask Ansy, Lucy and Alex
thanks for the reminder Des ... longest most expensive trip ever for a cup of coffee that turned out to be
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 15:30   #30
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
That is not exactly TV show...the guy - it looks like - is trying to drum up financing for his Broadway show...I am sure they will find you all spaces if you can invest into it...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 14:33   #31
Deb
Mega Loafer

Wow this came around quick!

Have fun anyone that's going

We need details

Break A Leg Patti!!!

Deb
Old 14 Jan 2008, 12:52   #32
Ankie
Office manager

Hasn't anyone been there?!?! Pics, reviews... Please!!!
Ankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 13:06   #33
Deb
Mega Loafer

I know someone who was Just have to wait for them to get home! lol
Old 14 Jan 2008, 22:25   #34
citydweller
Loafer

I guess that's where I come in.

Okay, I'm home. Deb, you would be proud. I got there early, waited in line, AND sat in the front...........it was just like you were there with me!! I know I'm a frustrating student, but you've taught me well. I'll be the first to admit that there are some songs/performances I like primarily because Patti is a part of them or has lent her voice to a project, but this show was just great from start to finish. As the last note finished, I wanted the whole thing to start again! The story line of The Twelve will probably make more sense as a full theatrical production, and this was just a showcase of the music and lyrics. The music was rock, the lyrics were powerful, and every artist on stage brought a performance that could knock the roof off the place!! Patti joined in several ensemble pieces and had two solo performances as well...........one as the Devil herself (always wanted a reason to use that icon) singing a powerful yet entertaining song called "All Doors Will Open," and one as Mary Magdalene, a beautifully moving number called "No Fence Around My Heart." I know it's probably too much to hope The Twelve will have this entire cast in final production, but that sure would be some show..............

I'll see if any of my pics are half decent and then make Deb post them........as I'd surely screw it up
citydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 22:38   #35
Deb
Mega Loafer

The wanderer returns

So glad you got to the front! Hope the weather was still as warm as it was earlier in the week lol. And I was with you lol, I was that little noise you kept wondering what it was....
saying mind the dog pooh! lol
God damnit, why didn't I stay on a few days longer! all i've done since I got back is cool and clean!

Sounds really cool Patti as the eh... A far cry from reality
It'd be great for The Twelve to have the same cast and be a full blown show, but here in the UK lol. Either that or me, Dave and the kids have to come and live with you

Hurry up and send me the pics I really can't wait to see these.

Deb
Old 15 Jan 2008, 00:01   #36
citydweller
Loafer

Don't wait up. I'm working on them, but I have to run in to work for a meeting right now.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 18:31   #37
citydweller
Loafer

Page looks great, Deb! Thanks for putting it together so quickly. Photos look best when viewed in thumbnail size Sorry about the quality.

Deb's Patti Russo Project Page
Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:00   #38
Deb
Mega Loafer

LOL you beat me Steph. I'm multitasking beyond belief today and I think my computers just about gone into protest!

The pics are great considering where you were. These places don't usually allow cameras do they? The sscans are great as well.

Mary Magdalene

The Devil (LOL)

Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:31   #39
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Great pics Steph/. Thanks for doing this also Deb.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 22:08   #40
citydweller
Loafer

She's really supposed to be "The Devil" as Janis Joplin would have played her..........that was the fun part. Trying to figure out which rock icon the performers were channeling in their portrayal of the apostles ......and the Devil
Old 15 Jan 2008, 23:11   #41
Deb
Mega Loafer

Thanks Anji

Sounds even more interesting Steph

BTW What was Rob Evan like? I forgot he was there with all the excitement
Old 15 Jan 2008, 23:27   #42
citydweller
Loafer

Yes, thank you Anji.

I was pretty excited to finally see him perform something live. His voice was strong and his stage persona fairly relaxed. It's hard to make vocal comparisons between him and.........well........other artists when the songs are new and unfamiliar. I would have loved to hear What Part of My Body or We're Still the Children......but wrong time, wrong gig. You can see him in that first picture--with Patti off to the side.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 23:33   #43
Deb
Mega Loafer

Ahhh yeah, now I can see it's him, DOH.... Which part did he play Steph?
Old 15 Jan 2008, 23:39   #44
djfierce
Mega Loafer

sounds cool steph

I'm glad you got in and even better getting a good position.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 00:08   #45
citydweller
Loafer

Even got a chair to sit on, joining a lovely couple there to cheer on Alex Skolnick on guitar.

There were more songs and characters than there were performers. That said, several performers sang multiple parts. I believe Rob Evan sang the part of John. I was not looking at the playbill with each song, so I can't quite recall if he sang other parts as well. There were multiple songs with the entire ensemble on stage or at least several members joining in a song. The playbill doesn't convey all of that and I just can't recall. Sorry about that.
Old 16 Jan 2008, 10:41   #46
Deb
Mega Loafer

We'll let you off

Found some very cool pictures

And Rob Evan

All pictures from HERE

Deb
Old 16 Jan 2008, 11:40   #47
djfierce
Mega Loafer

wow they are cool pics Deb, thanks, patti looks lovely (was gonna put awesome but i remember you saying brits say lovely alot Steph )

Oh and Steph dont worry bout not remembering much, it's always a small miracle if i remember anything other than it was great when i get home from a show lol

Glad you had a good time anyway :)
Old 16 Jan 2008, 12:07   #48
Diane
Super Moderator

Thanks very much Steph & Deb. Now we just need them to showcase The Twelve this side of the pond!
Diane
Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2008, 12:15   #49
Deb
Mega Loafer

Yes very lovely Steph Anji you and me both! I cannot go out alone as I would never remember a thing!

Couldn't agree more Di Also means I get to see you

Ohhhhh I sooo wish i'd stayed on in NY Why weren't we all just born rich
Old 16 Jan 2008, 14:17   #50
citydweller
Loafer

Thanks for finding those, Deb. I'm so glad real pics finally surfaced.........there were certainly enough cameras there What I'd really love is the footage from the video camera that was three feet in front of me..........it would certainly help my memory out a lot

I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with saying "lovely" so often.......sounded very nice, actually. I'm sure we Americans do and say many things that raise eyebrows elsewhere...........like put cold fruit on the same breakfast plate as hot eggs or pancakes. Will we ever learn??????

Haven't come across too much else about the show. A few people did comment on a broadway related messageboard. Here's the link:

Talkin Broadway