mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 17 Jun 2008, 12:22   #26
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
i tried to type this earllier but it woudnt let me so hoping my memory is good lol

I dont really understand why she has been criticised for the role, i doubt she did anything that wasnt in the script or was asked of her so i would have thought the blame lies more with the producer/writer/casting director if they produced scenes that america in general were offended by ( i had it worded so much better earlier )
Because hun, the public is made up of idiots who think this sh!t is real

There have been a few soap opera "baddies" who've been known to complain about the number of times they've been shouted at in the street, or even hit by little old grannies because the actor's character has been cheating on another fictional character in the show

Remember the "Free Deidre" thing on Coronation Street that led to questions being asked in the houses of parliament?

It gets me when chat show hosts and comedians can be so insulting about a soap characters looks or shape
Although the character might not be the nicest person in the world, they are still played by someone with that face and that body.Insult the character and you insult the innocent actor.
Either people don't realize or people don't care.

Bottom line is that too many people out there associate the actor with the character, and if people don't like the character or what they do, god help the actor
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 09:16   #27
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
By the way...for as much as you all think she looks like Meat...look very carefully at her pictures...she is a lot like young Leslie too...sorry for off topic...
She's more Meat than Leslie. The shape of the face and the nose are a dead giveaway.

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2008, 15:23   #28
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
She's more Meat than Leslie. The shape of the face and the nose are a dead giveaway.

Pud
You know...I was absolutely of the same opinion...when I saw her pictures I thought...wow...female Meat...and yet...when I've seen her on TV live and I can definitely see young Leslie there...

In any event...if Pearl is a very pretty girl...this one has a character to her face...very interesting character...I hope somebody puts it to good use...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 20:56   #29
Devil's Son
always behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Amanda is beautiful inside and out. She is the most down to earth, normal person you could ever meet. Yes she isn't your average stick insect but she oozes confidence and looks a million times better than some of these size zeros i've seen plastered all over the tv and papers lately.
Thanks Deb, that was what came to my mind when I saw the pictures but didn't find the right words. (my german mind is working slow )
Devil's Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 00:15   #30
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
Not sure but here's a great fan site by Valerie dedicated to Amanda

On the whole going naked issue......

Amanda is beautiful inside and out. She is the most down to earth, normal person you could ever meet. Yes she isn't your average stick insect but she oozes confidence and looks a million times better than some of these size zeros i've seen plastered all over the tv and papers lately.
Well said Deb
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 19:59   #31
Steingirl
Super Loafer

There's a photo of Amanda on her wikipedia page. I think she's a lovely young lady at any size, and I agree that her facial features do favor Meat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Aday
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 20:27   #32
Battybarb
Nutty Tart From Hell

Thats a lovely photo of Amanda..
Battybarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2008, 21:44   #33
RadioMaster
The German

watched her in "pledge this!" last night.
Have to say the movie was awful, and honestly, her performance didnt really stand out. not bad, but not superb either.

Dont know what to think of the fact, that she had some scenes with Paris Hilton though
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2008, 09:51   #34
Devil's Son
always behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post

Dont know what to think of the fact, that she had some scenes with Paris Hilton though
it means nothing (psst it is her job )
Devil's Son is offline   Reply With Quote