PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 01 Nov 2011, 21:12   #101
CarylB
Mega Loafer

CHRISTMAS CRACKERS??

For those who enjoy Christmas Crackers as an essential part of the Christmas celebrations Loafdom Direct can offer easy assembly cracker kits with great gifts included. They are packed flat, include the snap, and all you need to do is roll them up, and pop in the supplied hat, joke, and gift.

We can offer a pack of 4, including these gifts:
One key-chain
One bookmark
One silver plated necklace with large butterfly or skull pendant (your choice)
One silver plated bracelet with 3 turtle charms

They will sell for $14 plus postage rate as our jewellery collection (representing well over $20 value). As we have to buy in the cracker kits we will need firm promised orders, and need to know by the end of this week in order to get them out to you in good time for Christmas. Please post here or PM me if you would like to order.

Caryl

CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2011, 22:13   #102
CarylB
Mega Loafer

And I have managed to find a better source for the crackers themselves so we can offer a kit that makes 8 for $20 |(just double up the items above) Makes them great value!!

Caryl
Old 01 Nov 2011, 22:37   #103
SueL
Super Loafer

CHRISTMAS CRACKERS??

If Christmas Crackers are news to you, we share something because until Caryl mentioned them to me, this American had never heard of them. And, even then, I thought they were something one ate!

Caryl's Loafdom for the Turtle duties keep her far busier than do mine as a rule, so I'm going to give a capsulized version of Caryl's explanation to me of the Christmas Cracker.

Okay, I thought I was until I tried to remember everything Caryl told me! What follows was taken from an ad on the internet I found for Party Crackers:

"Crackers" are decorative party favors widely used in Great Britain to celebrate a variety of special occasions and festive events. They consist of a beautifully wrapped and decorated cardboard cylinder containing a paper crown (tissue party hat), a motto (British joke or riddle), a snap (popping device), and a small gift or novelty item.

At dinners and parties, crackers are used to decorate individual place settings and are usually opened prior to serving the meal or refreshments. The pulling of crackers and donning of the party hats creates a relaxed, festive atmosphere certain to get any party function off the ground. Crackers provide a colorful and exciting start to any celebration, and also present each guest with a gift by which to remember the days events.

At Christmas, crackers make great tree ornaments, stocking stuffers, and welcoming gifts for visiting friends and relatives."

I'm thrilled at the idea of introducing my family to the traditions of another country, and as Caryl has noted, the gifts to be included with our Christmas Cracker four (4) pack:

One key-chain
One bookmark
One silver plated necklace with large butterfly or skull pendant (your choice)
One silver plated bracelet with 3 turtle charms

are hardly shabby little tokens!!

If interested, please take special note of Caryl's message concerning time constraints, etc., and the need to either post here or PM her if interested.

Thank-you on behalf of all of us at the Loafdom for the Turtle.

Sue
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2011, 22:41   #104
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL
CHRISTMAS CRACKERS??

If Christmas Crackers are news to you, we share something because until Caryl mentioned them to me, this American had never heard of them. And, even then, I thought they were something one ate!

Sue
This Arkansas girl thought the same thing!!!! LOL. That is a very kewl idea though. Wonder how my family would react to one, hmmmmm.....
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2011, 00:59   #105
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Whenever I've spent Christmas in the US I've always taken crackers with me .. and my US guests have loved them :) I've used the kits for years now, putting small gifts in hem. This year I shall be putting Loafdom silver in them .. much nicer than the plastic compasses and play "rings" that tend to be the standard gifts in the ready made ones these days :)

They're dead easy to make up as all the work has been done, save rolling the into a tube, fitting the cardboard "lugs" into the slots, squeezing them where the cut out bits are to make the cinched in ends .. just pop the hats, jokes and gift in before you squeeze the second end. Takes less than a minute a cracker, and the snap is usually already stuck to the inside. Then on Christmas day you hold one end, the person next to you grasps the other ... you both pull.. and BANG!! .. and the cracker pulls apart and out pop the hat, joke and gift :)

We used to make them with crepe paper, loo roll tubes in the centre, and two tubes, one twice the length of the other, having to twist the paper and fasten it .. lol .. but this is much easier :)

Give them a try .. and you'll find they become a part of your Christmas :) And you can always substitute a small toy or model for one of the gifts in the kids' ones and keep the necklace for yourself .. lol

Caryl
Old 02 Nov 2011, 04:03   #106
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
This Arkansas girl thought the same thing!!!! LOL. That is a very kewl idea though. Wonder how my family would react to one, hmmmmm.....
LOL! I'm glad I wasn't the only daft American, Deena! I'm teasing about being "daft". We were simply "uniniated", but now we know. The standard gifts Caryl mentions remind me of what we might find at the bottom of a box of Cracker Jacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Whenever I've spent Christmas in the US I've always taken crackers with me .. and my US guests have loved them :) I've used the kits for years now, putting small gifts in hem. This year I shall be putting Loafdom silver in them .. much nicer than the plastic compasses and play "rings" that tend to be the standard gifts in the ready made ones these days :)

They're dead easy to make up as all the work has been done, save rolling the into a tube, fitting the cardboard "lugs" into the slots, squeezing them where the cut out bits are to make the cinched in ends .. just pop the hats, jokes and gift in before you squeeze the second end. Takes less than a minute a cracker, and the snap is usually already stuck to the inside. Then on Christmas day you hold one end, the person next to you grasps the other ... you both pull.. and BANG!! .. and the cracker pulls apart and out pop the hat, joke and gift :)

We used to make them with crepe paper, loo roll tubes in the centre, and two tubes, one twice the length of the other, having to twist the paper and fasten it .. lol .. but this is much easier :)

That sounds like a bit of work! Well worth the tradition, I'd say.

Give them a try .. and you'll find they become a part of your Christmas :) And you can always substitute a small toy or model for one of the gifts in the kids' ones and keep the necklace for yourself .. lol

That's definitely my plan, especially now that we can order the 8-pack.
Caryl

I don't know, Deena, but for me, things get old. Of course, that makes them "traditional", but I like to also try to keep things fresh and exciting, even if it's just changing the lights on the Christmas tree from one year to the next. And believe me, people notice, especially our little ones.

I am going to order the Crackers because of course the purchase will help the kids of The Painted Turtle, but I also think they sound like fun, and I think it's important for our kids (in my case, our grand-kids), to be aware that there are other ways of doing things - that what we do is not the be all and end all of things!

Something that's especially neat about this Christmas is that our 1 1/2 year old grandson, who is 1/4 British and who has lots of family in England, is spending this Christmas with his dad, our son, and this coincidentally will be our first year with the British tradition.

Thanks for sharing, Caryl!

Sue
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2011, 22:54   #107
Mega Loafer

Have ordered my crackers, at last a cracker that has a gift in i want ! LOL...Many thanks Caryl :)
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2011, 23:01   #108
Mega Loafer

Here is a pic of the very cool bracelet, with 3 charms on, an absolute bargain, and excellent quality ! You can also see the 2 charity wristbands, which i love ! Check out LFT !
Old 03 Nov 2011, 23:04   #109
Mega Loafer

A pic of the sterling silver necklace with wolf charm, fantastic quality, superb prices, check out LFT ! Get yourself a Christmas pressie, or treat someone you love !
Old 04 Nov 2011, 01:36   #110
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Thanks Michelle :) So glad you like them. They do look good don't they? And how can you beat a hallmarked silver bracelet with a Pandora clasp for $10.50? That's about £6.50 ...

Caryl
Old 05 Nov 2011, 15:47   #111
Mega Loafer

So good that i have ordered one for my 16 year old God daughter for Christmas ! Thanks Caryl ! :)
Old 06 Nov 2011, 09:47   #112
JennaG
Mega Loafer

My Pandora bracelet arrived yesterday and I really love it. Now I've just got to decide what charms I'm going to put on it.
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2011, 00:55   #113
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J

Awesome selection!!!! I just bought 3 skulls chain, bat #1 charm, silver flying bat charm, skull #1 & #2 charm, and the wolf charm. Am I a supporter or what? I love 'em!!!!
---squeal--- All my Loafdom goodies came in the mail today! They look fantastic!!!! Now I just have to decide which one to wear first/tomorrow! (o.O) LOL
Old 08 Nov 2011, 03:52   #114
CarylB
Mega Loafer

So glad you really like them :) And not a bad delivery time really .. just about a week?

I'm waiting on some silver rose charms and pendants, and a slider wolf head charm .. put them together and ....

"Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"

Caryl
Old 08 Nov 2011, 04:04   #115
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
So glad you really like them :) And not a bad delivery time really .. just about a week?

I'm waiting on some silver rose charms and pendants, and a slider wolf head charm .. put them together and ....

"Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"

Caryl
LOL Now that's a kewl idea! As for mail delivery, I was shocked they arrived so soon!
Old 09 Nov 2011, 21:22   #116
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Our Pandora sterling necklaces are now on line. Just $17, or a tad over a tenner in the UK. These are fabulous, hallmarked silver, and check Pandora out on the net; they retail for up to 8 times the price!! Sophisticated, all the rage, silky smooth, and in 3 different lengths. They make the perfect gift for you, a loved one, or anyone you want to give a great gift to at a very low price. You'd be hard pushed to find a silver plated one for this price :)

http://loafdomturtle.net/direct/

Caryl
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:00   #117
lyn
Super Loafer

Thanks for posting that Monstro
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:03   #118
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Our Pandora sterling necklaces are now on line. Just $17, or a tad over a tenner in the UK. These are fabulous, hallmarked silver, and check Pandora out on the net; they retail for up to 8 times the price!! Sophisticated, all the rage, silky smooth, and in 3 different lengths. They make the perfect gift for you, a loved one, or anyone you want to give a great gift to at a very low price. You'd be hard pushed to find a silver plated one for this price :)

http://loafdomturtle.net/direct/

Caryl
I don't know about anyone else, but Pandora is awsome I'll be able to buy some of links to put on my bracelet that I have already started at home
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:06   #119
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird14 View Post
My Pandora bracelet arrived yesterday and I really love it. Now I've just got to decide what charms I'm going to put on it.
Picking the charms is the challenge They are all so nice
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:07   #120
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24K View Post

A pic of the sterling silver necklace with wolf charm, fantastic quality, superb prices, check out LFT ! Get yourself a Christmas pressie, or treat someone you love !
That looks really nice lol:)
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:08   #121
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:

Here is a pic of the very cool bracelet, with 3 charms on, an absolute bargain, and excellent quality ! You can also see the 2 charity wristbands, which i love ! Check out LFT !
They look awsome too I think I might get the guitar pendant, being a guitar player and all
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:11   #122
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
LOL! I'm glad I wasn't the only daft American, Deena! I'm teasing about being "daft". We were simply "uniniated", but now we know. The standard gifts Caryl mentions remind me of what we might find at the bottom of a box of Cracker Jacks!

I don't know, Deena, but for me, things get old. Of course, that makes them "traditional", but I like to also try to keep things fresh and exciting, even if it's just changing the lights on the Christmas tree from one year to the next. And believe me, people notice, especially our little ones.

I am going to order the Crackers because of course the purchase will help the kids of The Painted Turtle, but I also think they sound like fun, and I think it's important for our kids (in my case, our grand-kids), to be aware that there are other ways of doing things - that what we do is not the be all and end all of things!

Something that's especially neat about this Christmas is that our 1 1/2 year old grandson, who is 1/4 British and who has lots of family in England, is spending this Christmas with his dad, our son, and this coincidentally will be our first year with the British tradition.

Thanks for sharing, Caryl!

Sue
I've ordered the crackers too, as the money goes to a great cause, and in Australia, to buy crackers with that much great stuff, you'd pay an arm and a leg for lol
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:17   #123
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn View Post
I've ordered the crackers too, as the money goes to a great cause, and in Australia, to buy crackers with that much great stuff, you'd pay an arm and a leg for lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
---squeal--- All my Loafdom goodies came in the mail today! They look fantastic!!!! Now I just have to decide which one to wear first/tomorrow! (o.O) LOL
He he he, that's the hardest part! The greatest part is when you get them and open up the parcel and you have such a surprise, then you have to pick the one you want to wear first which is very hard lol

I got my magnets yesterday and they are simply awsome
Old 09 Nov 2011, 23:21   #124
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn View Post
He he he, that's the hardest part! The greatest part is when you get them and open up the parcel and you have such a surprise, then you have to pick the one you want to wear first which is very hard lol

I got my magnets yesterday and they are simply awsome
Quote:
Have ordered my crackers, at last a cracker that has a gift in i want ! LOL...Many thanks Caryl :)
Yeah, that was the main reason for ordering some too I love the gifts on the inside, and they aren't cheap and tacky like the ones you get these days I can't wait to get mine in the mail lol :)
Old 10 Nov 2011, 14:08   #125
clpmss
Anything for Sir Meat Loaf

I just order 8 of the rings. They look so cool. My friends girls should really love them.
clpmss is offline   Reply With Quote