mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 07 May 2008, 14:04   #26
djfierce
Mega Loafer

i agree but if that is the case then i hope he has read enough relevant threads on both sites and the experience of introducing Aspen (who, bless her did nothing wrong really) to understand fully how it would go down.

I will of course as with Aspen give any new partner a fair chance but i will be dissapointed if he tries yet again to fill boots that arent for filling. I personally would rather he dropped Paradise and AFL than introduce anyone else, risking further criticism.
Old 07 May 2008, 14:08   #27
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

As a big fan, so would I, but I'm not sure how many people who aren't as keen on Meat and just go along to the shows because they liked him years ago would still go if he dropped songs like Paradise and AFL Personally I'm sick to death of them

A part of me feels quite sorry for Aspen, the way she was introduced was all wrong which I think put her on a losing streak from the begining
Old 07 May 2008, 14:12   #28
AndyK
Relentless

I honestly think it won't be anything to do with band members. From what I can remeber Meat has never announced a line up change in the NLE before. My money would perhaps go on something that ties in with what he said yesterday about "making it up to Newcastle".
Old 07 May 2008, 15:04   #29
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
I personally would rather he dropped Paradise and AFL than introduce anyone else, risking further criticism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Personally I'm sick to death of them
Hear hear, same as, to the back teeth even, that would free up half an hour or so of time for the lesser heard stuff!!!!!
Old 07 May 2008, 16:02   #30
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
I honestly think it won't be anything to do with band members. From what I can remeber Meat has never announced a line up change in the NLE before. My money would perhaps go on something that ties in with what he said yesterday about "making it up to Newcastle".
I agree, a line up change wouldnt really be anything of interest for the public, rather something regarding the new newcastle show or the new album.
Old 07 May 2008, 18:17   #31
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
As a big fan, so would I, but I'm not sure how many people who aren't as keen on Meat and just go along to the shows because they liked him years ago would still go if he dropped songs like Paradise and AFL Personally I'm sick to death of them

A part of me feels quite sorry for Aspen, the way she was introduced was all wrong which I think put her on a losing streak from the begining
I agree that I don't think songs like Paradise or AFL could ever be dropped from the show because they usually generate the biggest audience response. I always enjoyed them alot on past tours. This seems like a big "comeback" tour for Meat and he keeps adding new dates, so he's definitely going to need an incredible duet partner. I think that's why everyone mentions Patti. There's none better.
Old 07 May 2008, 18:45   #32
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:

I feel sorry for myself that I won't get to see Aspen on this tour...mainly cause she's hot...and there's the singing too!

Anyway, I get the feeling Patti wouldn't come back...simply because having to break out on her own was long overdue, whether it was forced or whatever the real story was who knows...and frankly I don't care, the same way as I didn't really care how or why Pat Thrall, Steve Buslow etc left...

Band changes just happen...i think Meat has been on record saying, around the time of CHSIB, that he wished he could've had the line up then five years beforehand.

It keeps things fresh, it'll keep meat fresh and hey it was an experiment...they tried Aspen and for whatever reason Aspen has left...

Good luck to the next person that comes in.
Old 07 May 2008, 19:27   #33
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
Band changes just happen...i think Meat has been on record saying, around the time of CHSIB, that he wished he could've had the line up then five years beforehand.

It keeps things fresh, it'll keep meat fresh and hey it was an experiment...they tried Aspen and for whatever reason Aspen has left...

Good luck to the next person that comes in.

However, too many failed 'experiments' can ruin credibility. That aside, it takes a while for a new performer to find their niche. This is a relatively short tour and there doesn't appear to be much rehearsal time, so whoever comes in has to be top-notch and immediately ready to deliver.
Old 07 May 2008, 19:41   #34
RadioMaster
The German

thinking about it: the 'surprise' hes gonna annouce tomorrow, COULD be the new female lead singer, IF it was some other star or famous singer.
Meat dropped a hint to some fans a few weeks ago, that "they'll be suprised" at the new girl. It is a possibility, although I'm not too optimistic on this one.

Is Bonnie still touring btw?
Old 07 May 2008, 21:06   #35
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steingirl View Post
However, too many failed 'experiments' can ruin credibility. That aside, it takes a while for a new performer to find their niche. This is a relatively short tour and there doesn't appear to be much rehearsal time, so whoever comes in has to be top-notch and immediately ready to deliver.
Ummmmmmm. Top notch, Ready to deliver immediately.

Is that just a Long and unusual way to spell Patti?

Meat knows what works well and im sure that if he and Patti can work things out for her to be there she will. I have been lucky enough to see all the female leads live and although all of them were stars none shone as bright and clear as Patti
Old 07 May 2008, 21:10   #36
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
thinking about it: the 'surprise' hes gonna annouce tomorrow, COULD be the new female lead singer, IF it was some other star or famous singer.
Meat dropped a hint to some fans a few weeks ago, that "they'll be suprised" at the new girl. It is a possibility, although I'm not too optimistic on this one.

Is Bonnie still touring btw?
If you go to bonnietyler.com, she has quite a few tour dates listed through the end of the year in Germany, Finland, USA, Ireland, etc.

Honestly, I can't imagine that an already famous singer would want to become Meat's lead female vocalist. To me the biggest surprise would be a Meat/Patti reunion. Won't hold my breath though.
Old 07 May 2008, 21:15   #37
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steingirl View Post
If you go to bonnietyler.com, she has quite a few tour dates listed through the end of the year in Germany, Finland, USA, Ireland, etc.

Honestly, I can't imagine that an already famous singer would want to become Meat's lead female vocalist. To me the biggest surprise would be a Meat/Patti reunion. Won't hold my breath though.
was just kidding about Bonnie btw.
Sadly her singing skills arent what they used to be

wasnt really thinking about a 'big star', someone successful in the business, rather someone whos a good singer, known to the public, but hasnt been successful for a while and needs to get back into the business.
Tiffany for example, as she did a good job on that commercial.
Old 07 May 2008, 21:16   #38
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy35 View Post
Ummmmmmm. Top notch, Ready to deliver immediately.

Is that just a Long and unusual way to spell Patti?

Meat knows what works well and im sure that if he and Patti can work things out for her to be there she will. I have been lucky enough to see all the female leads live and although all of them were stars none shone as bright and clear as Patti
I agree with you completely, Wolfy. It seems unlikely, but then again bands like Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles had really bitter break-ups, but then reunited and went on to have very successful new albums and tours. Everyone loves a good reunion.
Old 07 May 2008, 21:20   #39
geordieloaf
Can't You See My Faded Geordie Jeans Bursting Apart

I thought Aspen did a good job, but like most say she had an impossible job following Patti.
I agree with Andy i think Meat will be announcing something to do with the Newcastle gig, or that he has decided to put For crying out loud, surfs up and read em and weep in the set list.
Old 07 May 2008, 21:24   #40
RadioMaster
The German

well, one thing is sure, the "surprise" is one hell of a publicity tool!
Old 07 May 2008, 21:28   #41
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
well, one thing is sure, the "surprise" is one hell of a publicity tool!
Well it's certainly got us all talking about it. This time tomorrow we should know what it is.
Old 07 May 2008, 22:11   #42
RadioMaster
The German

probably something like he bought himself a new pair of socks
Old 07 May 2008, 22:16   #43
AndyK
Relentless

lol ... or a lottery ticket?
Old 07 May 2008, 22:17   #44
RadioMaster
The German

or that .net is actually planning a proper presale
Old 07 May 2008, 22:19   #45
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

More chance of the lottery win

I think it'll be something which to the general public will be exciting but to the fans here it'll be something we knew about, or know is coming, already
Old 07 May 2008, 22:23   #46
RadioMaster
The German

i dont know....dont think it would be announced as surprise then....

and even if.....did we get any news lately that would justify being announced publicly as a surprise?

My guess would be either
a) something about the new album,
b) something about the new newcastle gig or
c) something about a new female lead singer, but ONLY if it is somebody known to the public
Old 07 May 2008, 22:23   #47
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

But as I also remember Aspen blogged at the start that she knew that she had big shoes to fill but she didn't want to copy Patti, and she didn't.
I actually quite liked the banter last year !!
Old 07 May 2008, 23:02   #48
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

i'll go for the most unlikely surprise idea in the history of surprise ideas.... meats returning to theatre to star in a new musical... bat out of hell the musical (or similar) written by a mr j steinman ....
Old 07 May 2008, 23:14   #49
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Quote:
or that .net is actually planning a proper presale
Come on now. Meat is announcing a surprise he is not announcing that he has worked miracles
Old 07 May 2008, 23:30   #50
djfierce
Mega Loafer

ok here is my view since something we know nothing about seems destined to go on for pages lol

A) he hasnt said it would surprise the general public, he said a surprise would be announced in his journal on .net that only fans can read, so by my figuring he is expecting it to surprise the fans.

B) Can't see it being anything to do with the new album, he has mentioned that several times already....think the surprise has been blown on that front lol

C) Can't be anything to do with the Newcastle gig as again he has spoken a few times about that already, first mentioning on this morning that he was gonna do something, then on radio later that day saying he thinks it will be a charity event of sorts, so no surprise there either.

D) The new female lead?? Well i actually realistically don't expect Patti to be announced to be returning, by god i hope he does but i don't think so. Would it be about the new lead, well in terms of surprising his fans which his journal seems to promise, it could make sense, he hasnt mentioned Aspen leaving yet or who is replacing her so yea it is gonna surprise people good or bad.
Would the general public care or be surprised?? Well in truth they probably don't care much for anything he says or does anyway, he has talked about Jim not writing bat 3 and the reasons etc etc which also the general public wouldnt care about either so i personally cant see what else it could be really, but i am sure it has to be something even the die hard fans dont know already.

So if its not about the lead, i guess we will all be surprised lol

maybe he's gonna announce his retirement
Closed Thread