PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 03 Jan 2022, 10:53   #1
meatwka
Senior Loafer

Default BOOH The Musical

Hi all, was wondering if anyone is going to the any of the Birmingham/Wimbledon/Stockton shows?

I bought a face mask at the Glasgow show which I have subsequently lost and was hoping to get another (because up here in Scotland we still need to wear them!!). They are not on the online store.

If anyone is going and they are on sale would they mind buying and sending me one? I will transfer money etc beforehand and can do it via PayPal etc if easier.

Strange request I know but thanks.
meatwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2022, 11:14   #2
Nige78
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwka View Post
Hi all, was wondering if anyone is going to the any of the Birmingham/Wimbledon/Stockton shows?

I bought a face mask at the Glasgow show which I have subsequently lost and was hoping to get another (because up here in Scotland we still need to wear them!!). They are not on the online store.

If anyone is going and they are on sale would they mind buying and sending me one? I will transfer money etc beforehand and can do it via PayPal etc if easier.

Strange request I know but thanks.
I'm contemplating going to Stockton - if I do I can certainly pick one up for you.
Nige78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2022, 11:34   #3
meatwka
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige78 View Post
I'm contemplating going to Stockton - if I do I can certainly pick one up for you.
Thabks Nige, you can keep me posted or ill let you know if I get any luck before then. Appreciated.
meatwka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2022, 21:23   #4
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

There was a show on BBC1 right about Musicals which was taped last Monday at the Manchester AO Arena (Which happened to be the last arena where Meat Loaf performed in the UK in 2013).

The cast of the Bat out of Hell touring musical performed the title track and Jason Manford also mentioned Meat's passing beforehand and that this was a sort of tribute.

Maybe it's just me but I just don't like the visual and audio style of the musical performance. I know the cast really worked hard but this whole carry on of Strat with marks on his body and stripping off just doesn't seem very Bat out of Hell to me at all. I don't really think it fits. But I've often not liked Jim Steinman's bizarre visual ideas to be fair. I have something very different in my head when I hear the songs whether it's Meat performing them or not.

Somewhat disappointed in it even though I sort of knew what was coming.

I'm a bit surprised to say the least.
The rest of the show was actually pretty damn good.

Will still probably catch the touring show when it comes to Milton Keynes and give my full opinion of it all.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote