Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 2020, 14:52   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default Meat Loaf and Patti Russo

I see Patti has been tweeting overnight and again she has specifically targeted Meat Loaf.

How disappointing after such a great career together it has come to this. It is all very unsavory (without taking any sides).

Hopefully they can come to some sort of resolution soon.
Old 12 Sep 2020, 16:19   #2
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Meat Loaf seemingly hasn't used Twitter in 1 1/2 years so Patti might as well be ranting at a brick wall. She'd get the same reaction.

She was lovely to chat to in 2014 before and after her fun UK tour shows, and I did feel sorry for her what happened but it seems she can't move on.

It is perhaps easier said than done, especially someone in that type of career at that stage but in the end 99% of the singers out there never had that opportunity in the first place. Do these opportunities still even exist? It seems rock is totally not as popular any more. Pop culture has shifted to ITV talent shows and YouTube with rock hiding mostly in the shadows somewhere from what I can tell. If there are no concerts going on, like now, there is virtually nothing beyond people's Spotify playlists. Spotify, that happily pays Joe Rogan $100 million and everyone else peanuts.

So I guess what else is there at the moment except for ranting online. But perhaps a YouTube channel and just recording some songs would be more fun for Patti and her fans no? Just chatting about stuff and her music would probably gain some interest I would have thought. I think it's healthier than Twitter which seems to invite division, ranting and certainly is a creativity blocker rather than a system that celebrates or encourages it. YouTube is a bit different for most people it seems and can be used far more to entertain and celebrate.

I hope Patti has a better time in her private life than what we see on Twitter from her these days and the weird conspiracy posts etc.

Last edited by AndrewG; 12 Sep 2020 at 16:27.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 00:25   #3
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Honestly, as much as I have sympathy for those involved, this particular topic should always be an automatic lock unless or until she decides to say more at length, in my opinion.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Sep 2020, 00:56   #4
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

We've been here and done this before, this thread ends the same way.
2 Users Like This Post.
Closed Thread