Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 01 Aug 2013, 09:03   #76
Jules13
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
Thanks!!

Just booked 2 tix on TZ $400 VIP table...ouch! at least i live in LA so pretty close..
omg I am sooo jealous........... Probably like erverybody else who can't go.
So have a lots of fun and take some pictures for us, ok?
Jules13 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 09:09   #77
tonyloaf
Metal Head

we all knew it would be pricey but that really does seem alot
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 09:10   #78
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Does this count as a written contract?
i didnt win. f##k!!!
Old 01 Aug 2013, 10:25   #79
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Who do they expect to attend this thing, the trumps?
I might be wrong on this but from what I've heard they're fairly average sort of prices for Las Vegas. I agree that yes, some of the tickets are fairly pricey but they wouldn't charge that much if they thought that no one would be willing to pay it.

I'd have loved to have gone but even if I'd have sacrificed all of the UK shows I went to, I still wouldn't have been able to afford it. I'm disappointed to miss out on what looks to be an amazing show but that's life sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2013, 11:34   #80
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaG View Post
I might be wrong on this but from what I've heard they're fairly average sort of prices for Las Vegas. I agree that yes, some of the tickets are fairly pricey but they wouldn't charge that much if they thought that no one would be willing to pay it.
I agree. Looking last week at tickets for performers I'd heard of, the basic ticket prices seem pretty comparable . and you have to bear in mind the stinging Las Vegas entertainment tax which is added to the base price.

Meat has kept his arena tour prices pretty low compared to other performers, and we've been lucky. Now he's playing a season in Vegas the prices are in line with big name headliners, and really I don't think most of the tickets are that high. The one which I suspect people are blenching at is the M&G option .. and even that is less than some performers charge here in arenas for M&G packages, often having huge numbers attending and little interaction with the performer.

We have imo been exceptionally lucky following Meat all these years. Hell .. 10 years ago I had to pay £85 for a 7th row ticket to see Elton John! I still think that most of the tickets for Meat's Vegas show are not excessive given the location, and pretty much what I expected.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2013, 11:54   #81
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Nobody has commented yet on the two cancelled shows in New York on the second page of the Ticketmaster site. Perhaps these are merely errors, but perhaps not.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2013, 12:05   #82
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I assumed they were one more TM ~~~~-up
Old 01 Aug 2013, 14:42   #83
Dave
Mega Loafer

Hummmm......
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2013, 14:49   #84
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Nobody has commented yet on the two cancelled shows in New York on the second page of the Ticketmaster site. Perhaps these are merely errors, but perhaps not.
Those were two shows that were cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy last fall. Having said that, it is interesting that they're still listed on there ..... maybe there's a chance that Meat will do the shows if he is in fact planning on bringing the LAB tour to NY next year
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2013, 16:38   #85
Butcher King
Senior Loafer

Excluding the M&G the ticket prices are comparable to many other Vegas shows. It really is true. I paid $95ish dollar for front mezzanine for his MMW tour in Los Angeles. So it looks about right for LV.

I lived and worked in Las Vegas for years and knowing that I saved for this show. I don't have the money for up front or a M&G but I have enough for mezzanine. I apologize if I come off as bragging to those you can't make it. That's not my intention. I just want people to know there is a silver lining. I look at it as I may not be able to sit next to the stage, do a M&G, stay at a "on the strip" hotel, or go to fancy restaurants but I'm still GOING.

Most likely I won't be able to see the LAB in NYC so this is my last chance to see Meat. I'm just thrilled! Beyond thrilled!

Last edited by Butcher King; 01 Aug 2013 at 16:48.
Butcher King is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 17:09   #86
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher King View Post
Excluding the M&G the ticket prices are comparable to many other Vegas shows. It really is true. I paid $95ish dollar for front mezzanine for his MMW tour in Los Angeles. So it looks about right for LV.

I lived and worked in Las Vegas for years and knowing that I saved for this show. I don't have the money for up front or a M&G but I have enough for mezzanine. I apologize if I come off as bragging to those you can't make it. That's not my intention. I just want people to know there is a silver lining. I look at it as I may not be able to sit next to the stage, do a M&G, stay at a "on the strip" hotel, or go to fancy restaurants but I'm still GOING.

Most likely I won't be able to see the LAB in NYC so this is my last chance to see Meat. I'm just thrilled! Beyond thrilled!
IMO you didn't sound like you were bragging at all I'm thrilled for you ! Enjoy every second of it
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 18:27   #87
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher King View Post
And that correlates closely to cost of tickets in UK arenas.

Quote:
I apologize if I come off as bragging to those you can't make it. That's not my intention. I just want people to know there is a silver lining. I look at it as I may not be able to sit next to the stage, do a M&G, stay at a "on the strip" hotel, or go to fancy restaurants but I'm still GOING.
You don't .. and surely this kind of show in a small theatre will be fantastic wherever one is sitting
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 19:18   #88
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Something I don't think has been touched on, the fact that the venue is much smaller.
The smaller the venue the less seats there are (and don't forget, this is tables, not concert seating that's designed to squeeze in as many bodies as possible).
The fewer seats there are, the higher the price of those seats must be to pay for the evening.

The MEN holds 21,000 people.
Does this place hold 1000?
If so, the tickets need to be 21 X the price of a ticket for the MEN for the same income.

This is obviously going to be a very special and intimate evening, and for special and intimate you've got to open the wallet a lot more

Congrats to those who get to see the show.
I'm jealous as hell because i'm not going unless I win the lottery
Have a great time and don't forget the reviews and pics
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 20:23   #89
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Something I don't think has been touched on, the fact that the venue is much smaller.
The smaller the venue the less seats there are (and don't forget, this is tables, not concert seating that's designed to squeeze in as many bodies as possible).
I think it holds about 12-1300, so yes, far smaller and more intimate. Tables are in the front VIP area, then there's a row of banquette seating, the conventional seating in three blocks behind. There's two blocks of orchestra seating, seem to be in three blocks across, and a mezzanine arranged similarly. I'd expect it to be fairly steeply banked, so everyone gets a great view of the stage.

Here's a better picture of the theatre:

And really, leaving aside the cost of getting and staying there, the price of the tickets is imo pretty fair, and the lowest price no more than any arena ticket here. The M&G may seem high to fans used to a performer who has offered his at the low end of the scale on his tours (no surprise they sell out so fast over here .. London sold out within the first day) .. but Meat has made them lower the price by $250, so they're still much cheaper than those offered by other performers (and still cheaper than those offered by some performers over here on their arena tours!). And it's Vegas and he has no control over their entertainment tax, which leaves TM standing on the horizon

Yes, it will be a great show, and I'm sorry you can't make it But the biggest chunk is getting there. It was always going to be an expensive outing, but fr those who can manage it I'm sure it will be a wonderful show And it keeps Meat performing with a whole lot less stress than being on tour for months! Which I think he's earned

Last edited by CarylB; 01 Aug 2013 at 20:38.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 20:46   #90
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

On the subject of ticket prices, I'm not in the least suprised with the prices, up to $200 is exactly what I would have expected for Vegas.

£577 for a meet and greet is not what I'd expect, from any artist. Had to laugh when they were plugged as "30 minutes" long...that's 15 minutes shorter than some of the ones we got this year, and £377 more! Inexplicable...

Last edited by LucyK!; 01 Aug 2013 at 20:57.
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 21:55   #91
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyK! View Post
On the subject of ticket prices, I'm not in the least suprised with the prices, up to $200 is exactly what I would have expected for Vegas.

£577 for a meet and greet is not what I'd expect, from any artist. Had to laugh when they were plugged as "30 minutes" long...that's 15 minutes shorter than some of the ones we got this year, and £377 more! Inexplicable...
I believe that's not too bad actually compared to some artists. Have heard of Aerosmith charging $1000 and then there are cheaper tiers to meet just one of the band members etc. Bit silly but I guess that's the way.

I wouldn't have considered going to LV even if the tickets were 50 bucks. Glad I got my fix here in the UK though. Excellent tour it was and really can't ask for more than what I got. I do hope anyone going from here is going to enjoy it.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Aug 2013, 22:11   #92
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyK! View Post

You simply cannot fairly compare Meat's low cost arena M&Gs with those in Vegas. We're just lucky he worked to keep the arena tour packages as low as he did imo. Base price at Vegas before taxes is $750 .. Bob Jovi's VIP packages for his show were over $1,000 and it didn't include a M&G. Most artists there of any renown are $1000, and Meat had them reduce his to $750. As to the length .. they're after the show, and I'm sure Meat will be there as long as it takes to make them special for those who attend
Old 01 Aug 2013, 22:43   #93
besty
Greek Loaf - Bat Out Of Hellas!

according to the caesars entertainment website you can get 20% discount between august 2nd and 4th if you are a member of their loyalty program total rewards. If you're not a member you can join here. hope this helps someone.

http://bit.ly/NF99rg
besty is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 01:27   #94
mindnick1
Sound Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules13 View Post
omg I am sooo jealous........... Probably like erverybody else who can't go.
So have a lots of fun and take some pictures for us, ok?
I sure will!!! and thanks!
mindnick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 10:46   #95
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

For all of you who are lucky to go: have fun!

For all of you who can't go: he'll be back in Europe one day, maybe after the Brave and Crazy album is being released. I really hope so.... I'll be waiting...
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 13:02   #96
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Small write up about Meats Vegas show in daily express
Old 02 Aug 2013, 13:23   #97
Evil One
Mega Loafer

After some thought I've decided I don't like the name. RockTales & CockTails would be better.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 16:28   #98
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
After some thought I've decided I don't like the name. RockTales & CockTails would be better.
So do I .. but this isn't like when Meat tours and the title is down to him .. he's the first headliner. Presumably the producer/creator decided on Rocktellz .. which looks faintly illiterate but perhaps they think it's more "Vegas"
Old 02 Aug 2013, 16:33   #99
AndyK
Relentless

Yeah, we're keen on the title either, anything that uses a Z in place of the correct usage of an S just isn't right. No matter how "down with the kids" you're trying to be

Last edited by AndyK; 02 Aug 2013 at 17:02.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 02 Aug 2013, 16:50   #100
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I'm surprised at the format really and wonder if that really fits Las Vegas (not that I care about LV as I doubt I'd ever go there). Surely a show aimed at high rollers / more premium is more about the entertainment than finding out backstories about how that entertainment came to being? I'm sure if the Stones did Las Vegas tickets would be astronomical beyond their normal astronomical prices. But would the average high roller who would see them in LV really care about what Keith and Mick were thinking about when they wrote Brown Sugar? Ie surely the hardcore fanbase who would find such things interesting are not going to be just located in LV and be able to afford such prices to see a Rocktellz show? The format and location and thus price seems a bit flawed to me.

I'm glad Meat gave the average show goer such a wealth of backstory on all the Bat 1 songs on this last tour. In my opinion it made it quite complete for me. I simply cannot see what Rocktellz could do better in Las Vegas with all these artists for people I reckon on average are only there to be entertained at premium prices.

But perhaps I am forgetting something in my argument above; the tellZ is probably a large part of the entertainment in a sense if done effectively but really I couldn't care two shits about background stories of music I don't care too much about. I think for me there are only 5 or so artists (including Meat and Bruce of course) by which long talks between songs I could endure. I saw some music shows on holiday and there were a bunch of guys who were pretty awesome when they were singing but I felt like walking out as their stories between songs were getting really boring. 60 minute show and only 30 minutes music I'd say.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.