Loafer

Default Sad Meat Loaf´s news

Meat Loaf Revealed He Will Never Sing Again Because Of Painful Health Issues

https://www.shared.com/meat-loaf-never-sing/

byo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:18   #2
Dick
Super Loafer

I don't trust it much, as the article uses information thats been around for a while. Like the rolling stone article it quotes is from a good while back if i remember and since then Meat's been seen at London Comic con and Bat the Musical. I even think he may have said somewhere, perhaps facebook, that his voice is surprisingly strong but he's currently still struggling with back issues. I could be wrong but thats what i remember.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:26   #3
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byo1975 View Post
Meat Loaf Revealed He Will Never Sing Again Because Of Painful Health Issues

https://www.shared.com/meat-loaf-never-sing/

Story is half bs, half old news. Meat's back is improving. He's up walking around doing fake news casts with the support of his caine. He says his voice is very strong, stronger than in a very long time. I'd just give it time and relax!
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 18:38   #4
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

This is a re-hash of old stuff that was already of questionable accuracy. He has not been appearing on Caleb Johnson's shows as stated. I definitely think his back issues caused much of the vocal questioning people had about BTWA and a bunch of his tour dates the last few years. One thing the article gets correct is how much he has to put into a performance. He has probably been giving 100% of what he had to give, but just was no way he was 100% with his on-stage collapses and no doubt serious pain caused by his back and possibly restrictions by a back brace.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Dec 2018, 19:12   #5
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
This is a re-hash of old stuff that was already of questionable accuracy. He has not been appearing on Caleb Johnson's shows as stated. I definitely think his back issues caused much of the vocal questioning people had about BTWA and a bunch of his tour dates the last few years. One thing the article gets correct is how much he has to put into a performance. He has probably been giving 100% of what he had to give, but just was no way he was 100% with his on-stage collapses and no doubt serious pain caused by his back and possibly restrictions by a back brace.
I doubt he'll never sing again. If he knows his voice is in great shape, he's obviously been singing already
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2018, 13:27   #6
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

He was finding any old excuse to sing at the London comic con back in July - you could tell he was eager to be back in action. And his voice was far from weak.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 18 Dec 2018, 10:06   #7
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Not sure I trust an article that has a headline saying Will never sing, and then a few lines into the article, changes its position to May never sing!

Until there's an official statement from Meat saying it's over, then I refuse to believe it's over, or to put it another way, Until the fat lady sings, I hold out hope we'll see the no longer so fat Meat sing!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.