mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:53   #51
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Way to be supportive, well done Tim.

I think people need to stop looking at Aspen as the "Patti replacement" and start giving her credit as a singer in her own right - give the girl a chance before she "makes you sick"
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:54   #52
mszee
Mega Loafer

May I remind those who are now jumping up and down about age difference that Patti herself is "just a few years" younger than Meat?
Old 17 Sep 2006, 20:59   #53
Sapphire Lady
Mega Loafer

Great news. Look forward to seeing Aspen at RAH.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:15   #54
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoduke View Post
You think she looks like a child?!

Go borrow your grandma's glasses.
getting personal?! The media crucified Meat's performance with Kat McPhee, saying he looked like "a dirty old man", and that was only on IACBTMN. Meat is almost 60 yrs old, that's a fact. And nothing wrong with that. But the way we've seen Paradise performed, will be "interesting" to say the least with Aspen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
May I remind those who are now jumping up and down about age difference that Patti herself is "just a few years" younger than Meat?
Patti is not in her 20's and doesn't look like a schoolgirl. It's not about age, it's about perception. I didn't see the American Idol performance as "lecherous" but a lot of others did.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:23   #55
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
you're just one big barrel of suzie sunshine aren't you ..??? ...

t...welcoming Aspen with open wingers to the meatie experience..and wishing her OH so much.. the best of luck... ....
Which is exactly what we should do imo .. and I do :)

Lucy wrote:

I think people need to stop looking at Aspen as the "Patti replacement" and start giving her credit as a singer in her own right -

Exactly so .. And after 26 successful years I trust Meat's choice in recruiting a stage partner, and look forward to seeing her with him.

Caryl
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:23   #56
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Well you guys can argue all you want but I ain't letting anybody or anything (ie media) spoil my enjoyment of this great music. This fussy attitude is exactly what Meat was referring to in his recent comments about the fan websites and to be honest I totally understand that because I don't see anything like this going on over on the Springsteen boards etc...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:23   #57
Ankie
Office manager

Going through the post that was found by Jennifer it appears Aspen is well aware of the fact it will be tough to fill in this place, that was taken by Patti this long.
Patti is Patti and we will remember her time with Meat with love and joy. Aspen is Aspen and we will be able to tell soon that we saw her on stage with Meat.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:25   #58
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisWRedfish View Post
getting personal?! The media crucified Meat's performance with Kat McPhee, saying he looked like "a dirty old man", and that was only on IACBTMN. Meat is almost 60 yrs old, that's a fact. And nothing wrong with that. But the way we've seen Paradise performed, will be "interesting" to say the least with Aspen.

Patti is not in her 20's and doesn't look like a schoolgirl. It's not about age, it's about perception. I didn't see the American Idol performance as "lecherous" but a lot of others did.
others?..what others?..if i listened to what others as in my non-meatie friends..lol...said about my being a Meat fan..tuh... it's not the easiest thing in the world... so many just don't get it...

anyroad... i agree with what someone.. think it was mszee... sorry.. i'm losing my memory... quickasthis... said.. Meat and Aspen aren't dating... they'll be performing together... i have great faith in Meat that all will work out...

if we let it... ...

t...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:27   #59
mszee
Mega Loafer

Media crucifies everybody at one time or the other...so what else is new?

They have to sell their magazines/papers/shows...

But it is up to us fans to support decisions of our idol and stay positive and optimistic as much as we can...

For as much as Patti leaving is a shock...advent of Aspen is a hope for a new and bright future!!!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:28   #60
RadioMaster
The German

I said it once and IŽll repeat it: Nobody listens to critics!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:29   #61
Eva
friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankie View Post
Patti is Patti and we will remember her time with Meat with love and joy. Aspen is Aspen and we will be able to tell soon that we saw her on stage with Meat.
I couldn't agree more!!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:31   #62
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
...This fussy attitude is exactly what Meat was referring to in his recent comments about the fan websites and to be honest I totally understand that because I don't see anything like this going on over on the Springsteen boards etc...
??? hey, peoples' preference about what they like onstage cannot be right or wrong...it's an opinion.

I don't care for her voice. But I don't care for most female singers. That's a personal opinion.

That does not mean that I don't wish her well in her new role. I do.

And I wouldn't know what goes on at the Springsteen site, LOL, because I've never liked him either. To each their own.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:35   #63
clem
Junior Loafer

can someone tell me the channel meat is on sky tonite
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:37   #64
mszee
Mega Loafer

After long deliberation I have to say this...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MEAT GOING AFTER A YOUNGER CHICK ON PARADISE!!!

Will show all of you young ones what we - "old folks" - are made of!!!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:38   #65
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem View Post
can someone tell me the channel meat is on sky tonite

lol.. bless you clem... you made me laugh.. HEY.. SOMEBODY HELP OUT CLEM HERE AY?

t... liking how .. perhaps without intent.. Clem lightened up the mood... lol...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:40   #66
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissLoaf View Post
??? hey, peoples' preference about what they like onstage cannot be right or wrong...it's an opinion.

I don't care for her voice. But I don't care for most female singers. That's a personal opinion.

That does not mean that I don't wish her well in her new role. I do.

And I wouldn't know what goes on at the Springsteen site, LOL, because I've never liked him either. To each their own.
I'm not saying anybody should NOT be fussy or NOT have opinions. I just think it's crazy that some poeple think it's strange that Meat may sometimes have negative views about his websites as some people here seem to prejudice things before they are done.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:47   #67
Deb
Mega Loafer

ASPEN MILLER

WOW!!

As much as I really HATE to see Patti go. Aspen should slightly lessen the blow a bit I saw in WWRY in Vegas and she can most definitely sing My only worry is she is young. But i'm sure they'll find some way to get around it. As far as everything else goes, she is amazing. She has the voice, looks and stage precense. Only problem for me is she isn't Patti But I guess that's my problem and one i'll have to get used to That aside i'm sure she is the best choice. She is already good friends with John and Paul.

Welcome Aspen

Deb
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:53   #68
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
ASPEN MILLER

WOW!!

As much as I really HATE to see Patti go. Aspen should slightly lessen the blow a bit

Deb
I have to totally agree with you on this one! Well said!
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:55   #69
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSZEE View Post
Media crucifies everybody at one time or the other...so what else is new?

They have to sell their magazines/papers/shows...

But it is up to us fans to support decisions of our idol and stay positive and optimistic as much as we can...

For as much as Patti leaving is a shock...advent of Aspen is a hope for a new and bright future!!!
how does liking or disliking Patti or Aspen (or anyone else who shares the stage with Meat) translate into disliking, or not supporting, Meat?

Meat is a bombastic talent. Meat has the right to staff / cast / setup his stage show any way he chooses. I haven't seen anyone say differently. And I hope it's enormously successful for him. For Aspen too.

A new album and new tour are all about marketing. Translated = $$$$. Maybe Marion and Aspen are supposed to appeal to the younger fans instead of old broads like me

But it isn't rocket science to know that what comes across as "sexy" between Meat and Patti could make some people uncomfortable with a 20-something in the role...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:55   #70
DIZZY DRUMMER
Always Ready For A Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageing Bat View Post
There's nothing wrong with an age gap!! My husband's 2 days younger than Meat.... and I'm still a spring chicken! (well almost!)

Anyway, I digress...... I'm sure the crowd at RAH will do their absolute best to welcome Aspen. She's got a tough act to follow, but with encouragement and support she'll get through.

Sarah

We sure will give her a warm welcome & encouragement - she has a fabulous voice - The Girl Done Good !!!

As for her age - WHAT DOES IT MATTER ???

How many women on here - young & old would love to be in her shoes !!!!!!! BE HONEST !!

Last edited by DIZZY DRUMMER; 17 Sep 2006 at 22:03.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:55   #71
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
ASPEN MILLER

WOW!!

As much as I really HATE to see Patti go. Aspen should slightly lessen the blow a bit I saw in WWRY in Vegas and she can most definitely sing My only worry is she is young. But i'm sure they'll find some way to get around it. As far as everything else goes, she is amazing. She has the voice, looks and stage precense. Only problem for me is she isn't Patti But I guess that's my problem and one i'll have to get used to That aside i'm sure she is the best choice. She is already good friends with John and Paul.

Welcome Aspen

Deb
thanks for your input Deb ! i'm glad to see you say re: lessening the blow... that was my thought as well... for the fact that she was in WWRY... and glad to see you feel she has the voice.. and especially the stage presence... for the Meat experience.. that's as important as the voice... imo...

as for her not being Patti.. yes... but then.. who is? ... ...

t...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 21:59   #72
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
I'm not saying anybody should NOT be fussy or NOT have opinions. I just think it's crazy that some poeple think it's strange that Meat may sometimes have negative views about his websites as some people here seem to prejudice things before they are done.
Well said Musicman!!!

We all follow the man and his music, me I've been into it for 25 yrs now and as someone who hates change I'm as nervous as hell about it but I'm not gonna prejudge. Meat and NLE have chosen, we gotta put our faith in that, who better to decide on who sings the music than the people who make it.
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:01   #73
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
thanks for your input Deb ! i'm glad to see you say re: lessening the blow... that was my thought as well... for the fact that she was in WWRY... and glad to see you feel she has the voice.. and especially the stage presence... for the Meat experience.. that's as important as the voice... imo...

as for her not being Patti.. yes... but then.. who is? ... ...

t...
Yeah I was thinking I wouldn't enjoy seeing anyone esle instead of Patti, but have to admit that I REALLY will enjoy seeing Apsen with Meat. Also to see her on stage with Paul & John visible this time lololol.

I'm afraid nobody is Patti

Here's a pic of Aspen from wwry ..

Deb
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:01   #74
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissLoaf View Post
how does liking or disliking Patti or Aspen (or anyone else who shares the stage with Meat) translate into disliking, or not supporting, Meat?

Meat is a bombastic talent. Meat has the right to staff / cast / setup his stage show any way he chooses. I haven't seen anyone say differently. And I hope it's enormously successful for him. For Aspen too.

A new album and new tour are all about marketing. Translated = $$$$. Maybe Marion and Aspen are supposed to appeal to the younger fans instead of old broads like me

But it isn't rocket science to know that what comes across as "sexy" between Meat and Patti could make some people uncomfortable with a 20-something in the role...
ooooo... i HATE doing this... speculating.. but.. shrig.. here goes.. i'll assume you're talking re: Paradise?.. and how do we even what Paradise will evolve into this time around?.. i'm a Meat fan only since Bat2.. and in that little time.. over those few years... i've seen that many different stage versions of Paradise... i look forward to hearing about the new version that will be viewed at RAH... in fact.. i'm really starting to get really excited about all this.. !... why.. it's always something magic.. always something new.. isn't it???....

t....
Old 17 Sep 2006, 22:04   #75
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Meat has been justified in his negative views plenty of times. He has been attacked for his song choices, his voice, and everything else under the sun...on his own FAN SITE. But I think the admin and mods here do a very good job of keeping it under control. Some of the stuff on other sites is so vicious that I won't go there to read.

Liking or disliking another individual does not equate to disliking Meat.

Every post I've made on this topic stresses that I wish Meat (and now Aspen) nothing but success.
Closed Thread