mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 20 Nov 2010, 19:14   #51
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
Will he get someone to replace CC? Aspen Miller maybe? Even though I'm not a big fan of hers at all. He's running a bit low on people to sing backing vocals live with Kasim gone too. The other members of the band are ok singers.
Do you realize how many band members you insulted in one comment? First of all, Patti is one of the best singers in the world, as Meat himself has said, and she is absolutely gorgeous too. The guys who sing in the band are also wonderful singers with voices strong enough to be lead singers. Unless you have seen the show, you don't know how great the new guys sound in the band. As for Aspen, she is singing in a musical with her husband so you don't have to worry about her returning, since you are not a fan of hers.
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2010, 19:20   #52
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Good luck to CC. I know she will do great things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Imo and speaking only for myself, the NLE will remain fab without a replacement for CC. Meat came onto my music radar with the release of Bat 2 and the first meatie show I attended was in 1994. NLE then consisted of Steve, Pat, Patti, Marc, John and Kasim. I think I'm counting every one. The first I remember Pearl on board was when I saw Meat during the WTTN tour. So, I think I'm good with the band as it is now ... ...
I agree with you Tink. There is a band of well-rehearsed pros on Meat's stage who know the show inside and out. Adding a necomer at a late date could disrupt the chemistry in the band and disrupt the flow of the show. LOTO sounded better than ever on The Tonight Show, so one thing is certain. The tour is definitely going to rock!
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2010, 18:25   #53
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

As I said above, I don't think the position of second backing singer is needed whilst Patti's on lead, so I don't think CC needs replacing.

In regards the voices of the rest of the band, the one I think is really underrated is Randy...he has a graet voice, I was suprised how strong he was when he sang wtih Marion during her set, with Kasim leaving I'm sure he's been able to step up and fill most (if not all) of the gap vocally.
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2010, 22:33   #54
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steingirl View Post
Do you realize how many band members you insulted in one comment?
He stated a fact, that's hardly insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steingirl View Post
Good luck to CC. I know she will do great things.
You know this because she's done great things when not with Meat Loaf?

Apart from a biy of eye-candy, I never really saw the point of CC being in the band, Patti on her own in the 90's did just fine.

Maybe she left because she wanted to have her own career, I don't believe it to be honest. She could do whatever she wanted after the tour and have a nice wad of cash in her back pocket. Maybe the powers that be on the tour need to save some money and she's the most obvious choice to let go.

Hope she finds success elsewhere.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2010, 22:41   #55
A Slice Of English

CC already has an album out to her credit. I hope she'll be successful too.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2010, 22:55   #56
Pudding

Anyone can knock out an album these days. But as far as I'm aware though, it didn't do that great
Old 21 Nov 2010, 23:04   #57
A Slice Of English

It is good though, in my opinion.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2010, 12:55   #58
GDW
Super Loafer

I hope they weren't cutting costs for the Big Trip Downunder in March, that's if it does happen .
GDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2010, 21:33   #59
Pudding

Maybe she got replaced in favour of Pearl
Old 22 Nov 2010, 22:04   #60
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Maybe she got replaced in favour of Pearl
Nope. Pearl posted that she is signing albums and meeting fans at the merch stand right after she opens the UK shows. She did at the US shows too. With the poor economy, you are probably right about the band being downsized and that role is not really needed. Like on the live recording of Hot Patootie, the only voices I can hear are Meat and Patti's. No sense in paying someone else when they already have the vocals covered.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2010, 22:20   #61
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Conspiracy theories

CC has said she wants to do her own thing.
Is thatso unbelievable?

With Meat coming to the end of his career (he had to have his arm twisted to tour outside the US for this album, amongst a lot of anger from fans) it's only natural that the band members are looking at other options for their future.

CC herself has told us why she's left and I see no reason to take what she's said at face value instad of looking for alteriour motives.

Especially when there is not a single shred of evidence to suggest otherwise.

IMHO it's disrespectful to even suggest that CC is lying about why she's left the band, and insulting to Meat that he's fired her to save a couple of quid.
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2010, 22:36   #62
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
Conspiracy theories

IMHO it's disrespectful to even suggest that CC is lying about why she's left the band, and insulting to Meat that he's fired her to save a couple of quid.
Not at all. No one said that CC lied because she never actually said that she chose to leave the band. She said that she isn't touring on the UK tour and she will pursue her own career. And no one said Meat fired her but it might have been a mutual decision. It's just the wording of her post that might make someone question. CC thanked the fans but not Meat. But the debate doesn't matter at all because Meat's show is going to blow the roof off the UK arenas and I can't wait for the show to return to the States.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2010, 03:22   #63
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Conspiracy theories

Is thatso unbelievable?
Not in my view, and I agree Mouse that it's complete and unhelpful speculation to suggest anything other than the reason she has given.

However you also wrote:

Quote:
With Meat coming to the end of his career (he had to have his arm twisted to tour outside the US for this album, amongst a lot of anger from fans) .......
I would take issue with that. Meat has never expressed any reluctance to tour outside the US to promote HCTB .. he originally posted when we were asking about dates that he didn't think he would be touring in Europe. That doesn't (nor did it at the time) suggest to me that he didn't WANT to, merely that he was experiencing difficulty in arranging it. IMO he continued to work to get a promoter on-side (which he ultimately achieved) because he wanted to tour here .. not because some fans got shirty. Any suggestion it was the latter, rather than difficulty in securing backing for a tour here has no evidence to support it.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2010, 04:49   #64
Pudding

Quote:

Is thatso unbelievable?
That's what Kasim and Mark said, then mentioned that they didn't want to be on a sinking ship (something like that). Also the reason given for Patti leaving pre-Bat3 tours was for her 'to do her own thing' to which we now know to be a bit different.

You should never close your mind to all possibilities, as that leads to ignorance.
Old 23 Nov 2010, 08:10   #65
BostonAngel
Super Loafer

I wish CC the best of luck. She has been playing gigs with her own band here in the northeast of the US at least since 2008. And, of course, she was touring with Meat even prior to that. I have been to several of her gigs. She has a strong voice and ALWAYS has a packed house at any of her shows. She has in fact released 2 albums on her own here in the US. She has a big following in the US especially in the NY/NJ area. I think it came to a point that it was harder & harder for her to do both. She had to make a choice. And since her following here in the states is continually growing, she made the difficult decision to concentrate on her own career. As others have said she was "eye candy" in the band and "didn't have much to do" - "didn't really add anything".
She definitely has the vocal ability and the talent to make it on her own. I am sure she will be a great success. I wish her the very best. And I can't wait to get see her perform again.
Yes, this is coming from someone with the screen name ccfan. How did I become such a fan? By watching her perform both with Meat and as a solo act. And also by being lucky enough to have spoken with her personally on several occasions. She is sweet, fun, generous, down to earth, looks gorgeous, has a beautiful voice and is a truly talented performer. That's my opinion. CC rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BostonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2010, 10:38   #66
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
You should never close your mind to all possibilities, as that leads to ignorance.
There appears to be a very fine line though between keeping an open mind and speculating. Which is pretty much where this thread is heading. Unless there are hard and fast facts to back up a theory then it's nothing more than pointless speculation, which leads nowhere.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2010, 16:12   #67
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

In interviews, Meat said that he is having fun on the HCTB tour and that he is looking forward to the upcoming shows. I am just glad that Meat is touring. I am glad that Patti is still touring with him. And I am glad that more North American shows are being added for 2011.

This thread no longer serves a purpose. We all wish CC well, so let's move on. Let's get ready to rock!!!
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2010, 21:23   #68
Pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
There appears to be a very fine line though between keeping an open mind and speculating. Which is pretty much where this thread is heading. Unless there are hard and fast facts to back up a theory then it's nothing more than pointless speculation, which leads nowhere.
Most of the forum is made up of pointless speculation. As for hard and fast facts, if CC gets replaced, then indeed I was talking shit
Old 24 Nov 2010, 01:43   #69
CarylB
Mega Loafer

And if she isn't replaced .. it's still speculation to suggest any reason other than the one she has given.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2010, 02:28   #70
Pudding

And if she isn't replaced and the shows rock, was she ever needed in the first place?
Old 24 Nov 2010, 10:24   #71
AndyK
Relentless

You could say that about any of the members of the NLE over the decades, the band line up has changed pretty frequently and the live shows have still rocked.

To ask the question "was she needed" is fairly insulting don't you think? Whatever the contribution, CC made a contribution to the band and to the shows and to our entertainment. For that she deserves a little more respect I think.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 12:23   #72
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Imo and speaking only for myself, the NLE will remain fab without a replacement for CC. Meat came onto my music radar with the release of Bat 2 and the first meatie show I attended was in 1994. NLE then consisted of Steve, Pat, Patti, Marc, John and Kasim. I think I'm counting every one. The first I remember Pearl on board was when I saw Meat during the WTTN tour. So, I think I'm good with the band as it is now ... ...
Best wishes and lots of luck to go along with that talent of yours, CC, you RockNRoll chickie~babe girlfriend, you ! You will be missed ... xo
Sue K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2010, 22:33   #73
Pudding

Quote:
To ask the question "was she needed" is fairly insulting don't you think?
Absolutely...NOT!

I know you liked CC as a bit of eye-candy, but I'm a bit more substantive. If she was that important how come they drafted in Aspen Miller when Patti wasn't there, instead of making CC leading lady?
Old 24 Nov 2010, 23:53   #74
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Absolutely...NOT!

I know you liked CC as a bit of eye-candy, but I'm a bit more substantive. If she was that important how come they drafted in Aspen Miller when Patti wasn't there, instead of making CC leading lady?
Being so important to be irreplaceable is one thing, but being important enough to have made a positive contribution is another and the latter is my point. To questiono if her contribution is needless doesn't need to delve into why her contribution wasn't increased when the opportunity was there (and if you remember I was vocal about CC being given the opportunity to step up when Patti left). But, I suspect you knew that all along.
Old 25 Nov 2010, 01:49   #75
Pudding

Quote:
But, I suspect you knew that all along.
Are you suggesting I would purposely yank your chain?...