mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 Nov 2011, 17:20   #151
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24K View Post
I agree with everything you say Caryl. I find it very puzzling too, I especially find it odd what with Christmas coming.
I have bought a number of Christmas pressies, no hassle, no mad shopping mall with people getting on my nerves But most of all i find the feel good factor of getting a bargain and all the profit going to charity is immense !
I am hoping that some people who visit this thread, will at least go to the site and see what is on offer. I believe there is something for everyone, or at the end of the day buy a wristband if the jewellery, bookmarks etc doesn't float your boat !
Many thanks to all for their hard work :) Hope to post later the pics of the dogs with their awesome accessories !

http://loafdomturtle.net/direct/
From our keyboards to others' eyes I hope And agree with all you say. And what I've seen of your pups .. they look terrific!!

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2011, 20:52   #152
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Print off another address label for me!!!! Do you have Arkansas memorized yet? LOL Because Order #3 made its way to you today; I just keep finding stuff I gotta have... **rolling my eyes at myself**

By the way... The LFTT site needs an account profile & HUGE CAPACITY wish list section ---for people like myself. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Nov 2011, 22:05   #153
lyn
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 22.09.2011
Location:  Guyra, NSW, Australia
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
From our keyboards to others' eyes I hope And agree with all you say. And what I've seen of your pups .. they look terrific!!

Caryl
Yes, thank you and the team for your hard and diligent work I would have thought great jewelry at a reasonable price would be a massive goer. I must be only a handful of people who are jewelry fanatics, or people just don't get it.

I would of thought people would be rushing in to not only get jewelry for Christmas, but clothes, home ware, accessories, etc too I know I got some LFTT clothes for my daughter and hubby for xmas :) I've received my daughters clothes not so long ago, and they are simply marvelous She'll love them come Xmas day

The Goth Crosses are really something, as is all of the jewelry, but I would have thought the Meat inspired design of each piece would have got people in but it hasn't, and that is saddening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
Print off another address label for me!!!! Do you have Arkansas memorized yet? LOL Because Order #3 made its way to you today; I just keep finding stuff I gotta have... **rolling my eyes at myself**

By the way... The LFTT site needs an account profile & HUGE CAPACITY wish list section ---for people like myself. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
I can relate to that lol :) The team should nearly have my address memorized too, and they may need to print another one either today or tomorrow :).

Hmmmmm, the wish list sounds awsome You know what would be great, is if we give LFTT our husbands/wifes/partners names, then when our wish list is done, then just before Xmas send out letters to them saying here are some ideas that such and such wants for Xmas Well, sounds good in theory lol :)

Last edited by AndyK; 27 Nov 2011 at 11:01. Reason: please learn to use multi quote
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Nov 2011, 22:18   #154
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
Sue, thanks for the well wishes. Im still trying to get rid of this chest-bruising cough; but other than that, I feel better... :)

As for a way to store the upcoming beads, an idea just hit me. A simple aluminum bead-sorting tray on that long shelf.... Ta-da!!!!! LOL

Can't wait to get the beads!!!!!!
I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend, Deena.

I'm happy also that you found a solution to your bead-storing problem. I've ordered just three so far, but that's just a start.

Thank you for your TREMENDOUS support!

Be well!!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2011, 23:06   #155
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

No wonder Santa's smiling .. we were asked for gold .. and Loafdom for the Turtle's new gold collection is on line now :)

Not pure 24 carat gold like Meat But it's attractively priced good gold plated jewellery, and here just in time for Christmas! And every cent from every item sold goes to The Painted Turtle. Now that makes him smile :)




http://loafdomturtle.net/direct/
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2011, 04:01   #156
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Question

Hey. Is the Meat Loaf themed bracelet on LFTT gold or silver? Then again, to be honest, I'm not really a bracelet (or gold, for that matter) type of person...

In fact, I'm actually just hoping the little basket charm will show up on sale as an individual silver piece at some point. The reason is that I would love to make a necklace combo for myself! I already have most of those silver pieces ---or something similar to them, at least... So all I need is the little basket next!

But hey, that's just my preferences though. You know I'll still buy something "Turtle," so don't mind me...
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2011, 12:26   #157
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

The charm bracelet is silver. I need to replace the photo Not least because I think it will be a 7 charm bracelet wih the addition of a wolf and a rose

If you want a handbasket charm in the meantime just order a Bat charm and pop a note on your Paypal payment that you want the handbasket .. and whether you want a bail or a lobster claw on it

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2011, 12:53   #158
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default



Our November payment to The Painted Turtle. That would bring a smile to the face of any man who loved this amazing organisation In addition we earned just over $100 in our CafePress store, which brings our total to date to over $2,300 raised

Many, many thanks to those who supported us by buying bands and snapping up our silver jewellery .. To paraphrase Meat, Thank you; you make us what we are

And there's still plenty of on-line shopping days 'til Christmas to help us raise funds in December .. and get yourself a bargain at the same time. A hallmarked sterling silver bracelet with Pandora clasp for just $10.50 (less than 7) or a silver wolf and the red roses pendant on a sterling necklace for $6.50 (just over 4) are great deals and would make great Christmas presents .. or a keychain for 2.50, a dogtag and skull on a neckchain for 4; and just 68p shipping in the UK.

View this thread and miss out on these, and you'd miss your way home!

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2011, 13:07   #159
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
The charm bracelet is silver. I need to replace the photo Not least because I think it will be a 7 charm bracelet wih the addition of a wolf and a rose
Awesome!

[QUOTE="CarylB"]

If you want a handbasket charm in the meantime just order a Bat charm and pop a note on your Paypal payment that you want the handbasket .. and whether you want a bail or a lobster claw on it
/QUOTE]

Works for me! But first, I'm still waiting on my last 2 orders to get here... I think Thanksgiving took a toll on mail delivery air something.
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2011, 23:49   #160
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Hey! I got one of those 2 orders today! Yay! The beads are beautiful!!!!

So I'm hoping the other/latest order should arrive in a couple days (since they were ordered days from each other).

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2011, 00:01   #161
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Glad you like them :) I think they're lovely too!! .. Relieved the order got to you, and as they were posted a day or two apart I'm sure the other one will be with you soon :)

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2011, 20:16   #162
24K
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 20.10.2003
Location:  WAY UP NORTH
Posts: 1,923
Default



TJ with his skull charms on the fab chain made especially for him, many thanks Caryl :)





Sookie with her gorgeous bling heart chain made especially for her, many thanks Caryl :)

Finally found the time to get these pics uploaded !
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2011, 23:52   #163
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24K View Post


TJ with his skull charms on the fab chain made especially for him, many thanks Caryl :)





Sookie with her gorgeous bling heart chain made especially for her, many thanks Caryl :)

Finally found the time to get these pics uploaded !

Woohoo!!! Lookin' good! You've got some photogenic pups, Michelle. Too cool!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2011, 23:58   #164
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

I would just like to add my thanks to Caryl's. Those of you here who support The Painted Turtle simply ROCK!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2011, 00:11   #165
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Can you just imagine the smile that will light up Meat's face when he sees November's sales report?

This is real money to help real children - the children of The Painted Turtle who are so important to Meat, and to us!!

Thank you all for your support, and let's keep the momentum going!!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2011, 01:37   #166
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL
Can you just imagine the smile that will light up Meat's face when he sees November's sales report?

This is real money to help real children - the children of The Painted Turtle who are so important to Meat, and to us!!

Thank you all for your support, and let's keep the momentum going!!
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 18:35   #167
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Oh, how I love finding small packets in my mailbox from England!

Murano beads today: three gorgeous black beauties with purple swirls and little touches of green, and more colors to come. Woohoo!

Deena, I'm becoming an addict!!! But it's a good addiction - helping children, and sick children at that, some of them very sick...gives 'ya a good feeling inside, doesn't it?
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 19:14   #168
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
Oh, how I love finding small packets in my mailbox from England!

Murano beads today: three gorgeous black beauties with purple swirls and little touches of green, and more colors to come. Woohoo!

Deena, I'm becoming an addict!!! But it's a good addiction - helping children, and sick children at that, some of them very sick...gives 'ya a good feeling inside, doesn't it?
Sue, I got my Murano beads last week, practically one of every color. Now I'm waiting on my silver beads & giving tree. I'm hoping today or soon after...

Addict? Umm, not quite there. I don't check the site for new stuff to buy EVERY day yet. Wait, then again....... Ack, I'm an addict!!!!!!! LOL But yes it is a VERY good feeling to help such a great cause. As an educator, I always wanted to help a children's charity. And as a Meat Loaf fan, hey, let's just say the Painted Turtle fit the bill for both sides of me!
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 23:47   #169
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser
 
Join Date: 02.04.2010
Location:  Bristol
Posts: 1,072
Default

Can't wait to go to my Mum's and get my latest order I hope my Mum loves her Pandora beads & Bracelet as much as I love mine!
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2011, 23:21   #170
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

I know it's only been a few days (ordered on Nov 27), and with the holiday season upon us, it may take a lot longer... But I am SOOOOOO impatient to get my latest batch of Loafdom goodies because I know they will be awesome & beautiful & ready to show off! Unfortunately, they haven't arrived at my door yet.

Okay, I admit. I'm an addict already. LOL
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2011, 23:26   #171
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Yay!!!!! So my spacer beads and givin tree charm came in today. Awesome look and quality as usual...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2011, 11:20   #172
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
Sue, I got my Murano beads last week, practically one of every color. Now I'm waiting on my silver beads & giving tree. I'm hoping today or soon after...

Addict? Umm, not quite there. I don't check the site for new stuff to buy EVERY day yet. Wait, then again....... Ack, I'm an addict!!!!!!! LOL But yes it is a VERY good feeling to help such a great cause. As an educator, I always wanted to help a children's charity. And as a Meat Loaf fan, hey, let's just say the Painted Turtle fit the bill for both sides of me!
Remember, it's a GOOD addiction.

You're doing a great thing, Deena ~ you're a great friend to the Turtle. I don't check our site everyday, and I'm not sure I ordered silver beads. Aww!! I know I did not order the Giving Tree, and I'm going to have to rectify that promptly.

I couldn't agree more about supporting a children's charity. I can't fathom how any adult capable of helping turns a back to any child in need, and especially a sick child! And I think it's pretty obvious by now that what we offer for sale to help support the kids served by The Painted Turtle are quality goods at incredibly low prices.

Shipping costs are negligible - you live in the U.S. as I do - can you think of any online merchant who ships for less than $3.00? LL Bean doesn't count!

And you make such a good point about Meat - he LOVES The Painted Turtle - don't people remember Celebrity Apprentice??? And if someone is here, reading this, the assumption that they are a fan of Meat Loaf is pretty much a no-brainer. Sure, we have the odd "observer", but I believe they are few and far between.

It makes absolutely no sense to me why this thread is so bare. We have stalwart supporters such as yourself, but we should have DOZENS who want to help.

Okay, enough pontificating for now!

Enjoy your jewelry and relish the fact that YOU are helping a great cause.

SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 00:03   #173
lyn
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 22.09.2011
Location:  Guyra, NSW, Australia
Posts: 283
Default

I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU, to Caryl and the team at LFTT! You do such a marvelous job, and it is such a pleasure to support such a great charity too I can't even count on 2 hands how much stuff I have bought from LFTT in the last 4-6 months of knowing about it, and through following Meat. I just can't get enough of the jewelry and other goodies, and it certainly made it very easy for Xmas shopping too. But I also adore the fact that my money spent helps put a very big smile on a childs face, and for that I am thankful for, as I love kids and I love to help those children who are sick and in need.

Anyway, once again THANK YOU!!!!!

LUV YA GUYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
Remember, it's a GOOD addiction.

You're doing a great thing, Deena ~ you're a great friend to the Turtle. I don't check our site everyday, and I'm not sure I ordered silver beads. Aww!! I know I did not order the Giving Tree, and I'm going to have to rectify that promptly.

I couldn't agree more about supporting a children's charity. I can't fathom how any adult capable of helping turns a back to any child in need, and especially a sick child! And I think it's pretty obvious by now that what we offer for sale to help support the kids served by The Painted Turtle are quality goods at incredibly low prices.

Shipping costs are negligible - you live in the U.S. as I do - can you think of any online merchant who ships for less than $3.00? LL Bean doesn't count!

And you make such a good point about Meat - he LOVES The Painted Turtle - don't people remember Celebrity Apprentice??? And if someone is here, reading this, the assumption that they are a fan of Meat Loaf is pretty much a no-brainer. Sure, we have the odd "observer", but I believe they are few and far between.

It makes absolutely no sense to me why this thread is so bare. We have stalwart supporters such as yourself, but we should have DOZENS who want to help.

Okay, enough pontificating for now!

Enjoy your jewelry and relish the fact that YOU are helping a great cause.
CHSIB myself Sue :) I will admit, I'm a head over heals addict to LFTT The jewelry..........well all I can say is I've bought plenty, and bought more today Love it, love it, absolutely love it! I can't understand why more people, especially here on the forum, haven't come on board with this and bought some, or shown some support to this great charity :) It really is a no brainer, but people seem to be slow off the mark :) Even if they just bought a band, it would be awsome :)

Anyway, I can't tell you how much I love buying this great stuff from LFTT, and trying to promote LFTT I just hope it can take off in Aus :)

Aw, must not forget this too! I got some other little goodies to go with the great goodies I got in the LFTT cracker pack :) Something to go crackers about, I do think :) So it'll be a cracker ensemble in the next couple of days, which will be fun :)

Last edited by AndyK; 13 Dec 2011 at 10:33. Reason: please please please learn to multi-quote
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 00:58   #174
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Thanks Lynn. I too am surprised at how few orders we get from the UK and Europe. Perhaps they think our prices are so low it has to be rubbish .. but it's not. It's really good value, and the quality far outweighs what you can buy elsewhere at the price, because we buy at source, in quantity, and have no middle-man costs or general overheads to cover. I'd have thought people would be grabbing our arms off at the shoulder for sterling Pandora bracelets for $10.50 plus 68p postage, and necklaces for a tenner .. you'd have to pay 30 in the shops for a plated one, and they're SO in fashion right now. You don't need to be a fan of Meat or his charity to spot and grab a real bargain I'd have thought ..

Hopefully when other people see the jewellery being worn and comment, they'll come and buy, and our market will grow .. not because they're Meat fans, but because they know a great deal when they see one

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 01:14   #175
lyn
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 22.09.2011
Location:  Guyra, NSW, Australia
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Thanks Lynn. I too am surprised at how few orders we get from the UK and Europe. Perhaps they think our prices are so low it has to be rubbish .. but it's not. It's really good value, and the quality far outweighs what you can buy elsewhere at the price, because we buy at source, in quantity, and have no middle-man costs or general overheads to cover. I'd have thought people would be grabbing our arms off at the shoulder for sterling Pandora bracelets for $10.50 plus 68p postage, and necklaces for a tenner .. you'd have to pay 30 in the shops for a plated one, and they're SO in fashion right now. You don't need to be a fan of Meat or his charity to spot and grab a real bargain I'd have thought ..

Hopefully when other people see the jewellery being worn and comment, they'll come and buy, and our market will grow .. not because they're Meat fans, but because they know a great deal when they see one

Caryl
We can pray and hope Caryl Pandora is going off like wild fire here in Aus, so if anyone I know that has a Pandora bracelet and/or necklace, I will tell them about the site, because as you say, they are damn expensive (Pandora bracelets) to buy at jewelers and to get them this cheap you'd be mad not to buy from LFTT direct :)

But we shall keep trying my dear, in the New Year, and see how we go :)
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.

Page generated in 0.14754 seconds with 14 queries.