PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 20 Jan 2023, 18:59   #1
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Default Meat loaf celebration

Posted by Amanda on facebook today - https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAmandaAday

We are sending our deepest thanks and admiration out to Dad’s worldwide family of friends and fans for your continuous outpouring of love and support.
Today marks one year since we had to say goodbye to our dad for the final time. To honor Dad and you, his global community of friends and fans, we want to share with you a short film we put together with our brilliant friend and filmmaker, Jack Bennett. This is a celebration of Dad’s life and legacy, an acknowledgment of the man he was on and off the stage. Not just the performer but the boss, the mentor, the friend, the husband, the godfather, the grandpa “Papa Meat,” and the father. The dad who gave us love and generosity, who taught us and teased us. The dad who laughed and cried with us, who taught us how to catch a ball and ride a bicycle, who celebrated our victories and picked us up when we fell down. The man who was a big kid himself. The man who taught us tenacity and the value of respect. Our Dad. The man we miss every day.
We are so grateful to share this retrospective with career highlights and private moments from our personal archives that haven’t been shared before. We thank you for celebrating Dad, and we thank you for loving him with us.
Please follow the link and watch. We hope you cry with us and laugh with us, and afterwards, we hope you blast your favorite Meat Loaf songs and sing along as loud as you can. He’s definitely listening.
“Never, ever stop ROCKING.”
Amanda Aday and Pearl Aday”

https://www.mlcelebration.com/

If you would like to honor Dad today or any day, please consider donating to his chosen charity The Painted Turtle:

https://www.thepaintedturtle.org/meatloaf
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2023, 21:41   #2
Joeckl
Rookie

I‘m crying and my tears are running. What a wonderful, heart-warming video. Thank you very much for sharing.
Joeckl is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 21 Jan 2023, 11:33   #3
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Very special and a lovely tribute. Very well edited in fact.

The 90s footage is always great to watch. Meat seemed in great health, extremely happy, so successful and he was SO very cool. It was a big part of growing up for me, made a hell of a difference in a positive way.

The home footage is hard to watch.

I believe the cover photo is from one of the 2004 Glasgow shows, I was at both. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it back then. Hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago. Meat wasn't in the best of health coming away from the irrregular heart beat thing from one of the London shows in Dec 2003, but man these shows were so much fun. The last UK show on that tour, 30th of Jan in Glasgow I'll never forget. 20-30 mins of Kasim to warm up and then 3+ hours Meat. Crazy.

I'm still upset there is this disconnect online between meatloaf.net (still #2 search result for Meat Loaf, after wiki), Deborah and the daughters and who are thus managing the Facebook pages etc. It seems this disconnect somewhat exists in that tribute that clearly does not involve Deborah much. But then Leslie isn't featured much either so this was probably the best way to go. Still, a shame this tribute isn't shared more widely.

Also, this should be up on YouTube. Maybe Adje to the rescue.

Last edited by AndrewG; 21 Jan 2023 at 12:00.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 22 Jan 2023, 04:33   #4
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Also, this should be up on YouTube. Maybe Adje to the rescue.
It's up there on my channel.
I was told by someone close to Amanda that they 'would like me to put it up'. So I was more than happy to do so I think they created an amazing tribute to their dad, focussed on his legacy an the love between a dad and his (grand)children.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2023, 01:21   #5
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeckl View Post
What a wonderful, heart-warming video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Very special and a lovely tribute.
You guys nailed it with those thoughts.
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote