mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Site Content » News & Stories » Meat Loaf

Old 09 Sep 2000, 18:12   #1
R.
You dig.

Default Meat Loaf News

Updated on 10 May 2000

Meat Loaf will play a small role in the "still being filmed" Val Kilmer movie entitled "Salton Sea". Val plays a man who goes undercover as a drug dealer to avenge his wife's death. Meat plays a methamphetamine dealer. No clue on when this will hit theatres as they've just begun filming.

And for those who have been asking about Meat appearing in an upcoming movie directed by Michael Bay entitled "Tennessee" about Pearl Harbor.....not happening.

Article taken from CDNOW website :

May 8, 2000, 10:20 am PT

Meat Loaf is going country. Well, not really, but his songs are. The DAS Label and Restless Records are teaming up to release an album of country artists covering the songs on Meat Loaf's ridiculously successful (37 million albums sold) 1977 Bat out of Hell album.

The album, titled Bat out of Nashville, is being put together by the album's writer and producer Jim Steinman, who is managed by David Sonenberg of DAS. (He also manages the Fugees, Meat Loaf, Wyclef Jean, and Joan Osbourne.) Along with the songs on Bat out of Hell, covers of "I Will Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" and other songs from Bat out of Hell II: Back Into Hell will appear on the collection. Steinman is also writing two new songs specifically for this album.

Steinman's wish list for the album is long -- Garth Brooks, Dwight Yoakam, Dixie Chicks, George Jones, Vince Gill, Randy Travis, Merle Haggard, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Brooks & Dunn, Willie Nelson, Trisha Yearwood, Shania Twain, Wynonna, Leann Rimes, Clint Black, Alabama, and many others.

"I always dreamed of being a country singer," explains Steinman in a release about the album. "But, this big fella named Meat Loaf auditioned for me for a part in a musical I wrote at the New York Shakespeare Festival and I thought he'd be perfect to sing stuff from my more rock and roll side. But, like me, he had a lot of country in him."

Steinman also jokes about how many of the song titles on Bat out of Hell have country written all over them. "'Bat out of Hell' -- any trucker could have said that. 'You took the words right out of my mouth (it must have been while you were kissing me)' -- if that isn't a purebred country title, I don't know what is." Good point.

No one has been confirmed for the project at press time, but all involved are expecting a good showing of A-list talent.

-- Carrie Borzillo

R. is offline   Reply With Quote