Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 02 Jun 2022, 17:18   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default Patti has been tweeting again....

Whats triggered this latest outburst do we think?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2022, 18:52   #2
Frying Bat
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
I Guess it wouldnt be the first time that "Patti, Tweeted again"

I like her as an artist for the rest i don't care/bother to much about her positive or negative.
Frying Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jun 2022, 22:48   #3
Danny L
Super Loafer

A crying shame.

Patti was my favourite female counterpart for Meat Loaf. I was devastated when she left the NLE both times
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2022, 17:46   #4
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Could be because Meat was a serial abuser, Leslie suffered to literal insanity, and Deborah - for her many sins - ~~~~ed his kids out of their inheritance.

Something like that.

I hate to break it to you, but your heroes are not the beacons of morality you thought they were. Far from it. Can you still enjoy the music? Of course. I do. But take it from someone who has not only worked with Jim et al as a friend and collaborator for 5 + years (and suffered the consequences), but also as someone who knows Rory and Patti personally, and has had many conversations with previous past collaborators who were all threatened with the worst behaviors and consequences - these are not good people. Violence? Death threats? Plagiarism? Narcissistic abuse? Gaslighting?

You want it blunt? That's it.

Did you even listen to God of Low?

What will it take to wake you people up?

It's not 'trolling', there are no 'ulterior motives'. You know how many times Patti has been approached by major news outlets post Meat Loaf?

Many times.

She never went there.

Let that sink in for a while.

Someone sent me this thread in a link. I don't check in often, and you probably won't hear from me for a while. Even Meat refused to post here in the end (and, as he was fond of pointing out, it's his name on the top of this forum).

Bottom line: they're not the people you thought they were.
Was he good? Was he BAD?
C'mon, you're better than this.

And if your name rhymes with 'GlandRage' and you only joined to transparently troll Patti - you get an automatic ignore. Nothing personal. But who has the time or the inclination?

Life is short.
Enjoy the music.
Because when it comes down to it, they really did create lasting, great music together.
That's the best I've got.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Jun 2022, 20:35   #5
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

^ What he said.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2022, 21:45   #6
sandmage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
And if your name rhymes with 'GlandRage' and you only joined to transparently troll Patti - you get an automatic ignore. Nothing personal. But who has the time or the inclination?
Oh dear, ... and I never said anything about Patti in any of my posts, and I don't have a twitter account for some years now.
I did rewatch some of the videos of her concerts yesterday evening though. Don't ever put out the flame / Hold on ... her perormance on the first song is damn perfect. I wouldn't now any other rock artist with this power and nuance in the voice.
sandmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2022, 22:43   #7
nightinr
Super Loafer

Kasim did do interviews after Meat's death
Old 04 Jun 2022, 23:53   #8
nightinr
Super Loafer

Are Pearl and Amanda angry that all the $$$ went to Deborah?
Old 05 Jun 2022, 02:21   #9
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
This is the very last time that I'm going to reiterate this, and then I'm out. Whatever happens thereafter, it's on you guys. I wish you all the best - sincerely - but I have neither the time or the energy these days.

I guess we will hear again from you, next time Patti has one of her mental episodes on Twitter.

I am a fan of the artist, not always so on the man behind the artsist, so I called out on Meat on several occasions, but at least in his face while he was still able to respond. Just as I tweeted Patti that Twitter is not the right platform to get help on her issues, which she clearly has.

Coming here, posting unfunded allegations about Meat on 'his' forum, while he is not even dead for six months is far beneath you (I hoped). Even if there is truth in your story.

Then again I learned that Patti's truth is about as factual as a movie 'based on true events'

I have seen a lot of 'his truth' 'her truth' 'your truth' and 'their truth' recently.
If only 'claiming the truth' would be the same as 'being factual' yet it hardly ever is...
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
7 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 07:57   #10
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Quote:

Life is short.
Enjoy the music.
Because when it comes down to it, they really did create lasting, great music together.
That's the best I've got.
It seems your only claim to fame is "collaborating" with Jim for 5 years. You are not part of the cannon. We don't need your POV. I'm done with your posts. Move on and make some work that you can be proud of. All of us who have wanted to have spoken to Rory and Patti at length throughout the years.

Whatever has happened with Meat's money is nothing to do with us. Trying to cause a witch hunt for Deborah won't work because whilst we respect Deborah, it was Meat who we adored.

In the UK, if you die, your spouse gets your money. The kids will get it eventually. However, they are professionals in their own right, grown up, settled and secure.

I for one hope that your next post is many years from now. So we can get back to celebrating Meat Loaf's legacy.
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 11:39   #11
ajf33
Senior Loafer

At the end of the day, whose business is it who gets what from Meats estate??

It's not for us to judge or pass comment on.

It's certainly not for Patti to offer an opinion on, she has her issues with Meat, and that's her business, ok she offers up those issues for comment with her tweets, but, at the end of the day, she's in the wrong there in my opinion.

i loved Meats music, but am under no illusions that the on stage & record persona is not the real life Meat, he said it often enough that he sang the songs in character.

I urge members of this forum to not give anymore airtime to Pattis rants on here, most of us don't know Meat or Patti, and therefore have no business wading into her spat with Meat/his estate as we simply don't know what is true.

No disrespect meant here to That Writer Guy, but maybe it's best you don't try to enlighten us as to Pattis meaning behind her tweets, you know her, you know her story, and that puts you inn a privileged position, that the rest of us are not in. You offer titbits into her post meaning, then stop before you say to much (which is your right) you talk about Meats working relationship with others and talk about the way Meat Allegedly treated them, which isn't really on. Oki I get you're trying to provide a degree of context, but, your telling other peoples stories, and 99% of the members on here have no way to ascertain if what your saying is true, or embellished in anyway.

I don't claim to speak for anyone on here, but, I prefer to remember Meat for his songs and film work, without rumours about how he treated people. I daresay he wasn't perfect, but to me that is none of our business.
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2022, 12:34   #12
nightinr
Super Loafer

TWG has certainly added some interest to this forum over the last few years.

The whole point of a forum is that people have different stories and views. Some we agree with and some we disagree with.

Personally I would like to know more of TWG direct experiences with Jim...both good and bad.

As for Patti rather than having twitter outbursts, maybe she would be so good to come on here and tell her experiences of working with Meat and the bad.

We should never try to limit people's opinions on here though. This forum virtually died of death due to certain forum members and moderators banning any negative talk a few years back...

Well that's my opinion anyhow!
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 13:00   #13
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I'm not saying people shouldn't post,TWG has posted some great stuff over the years, but his recent posts, hinting at knowing stuff, but not telling (Because not his story to tell) are really frustrating.

I'd love t hear him talk about his time working with Jim, I'd love to hear Patti talk about her experiences with Meat and the band, ( the first couple of Kitchen Sink podcasts on that subject were really interesting) but I don't want to know 1/2 a story, told second hand, by someone who has no intention of completing the story.

With Patis Tweets, and TWG saying about EX NLE members having bad experiences with Meat, there is a danger this forums gonna become less about Meat, and more about unsubstantiated rumours, about people who most of us cant even dream of approaching to try to get some context.

Im not saying we should only post about Meat is af he was some kind of saint, who did no wrong, I'm sure Meat made mistakes, and had a bad side, as we all do, he was only Human. But posting stories that he can't defend himself over, or offer his side of the story is imo pointless.

I think that on some subjects, its a case of You say it best when you say nothing at all, if you're not prepared (or allowed) to tell the whole story.

Quote:
TWG has certainly added some interest to this forum over the last few years.

The whole point of a forum is that people have different stories and views. Some we agree with and some we disagree with.

Personally I would like to know more of TWG direct experiences with Jim...both good and bad.

As for Patti rather than having twitter outbursts, maybe she would be so good to come on here and tell her experiences of working with Meat and the bad.

We should never try to limit people's opinions on here though. This forum virtually died of death due to certain forum members and moderators banning any negative talk a few years back...

Well that's my opinion anyhow!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2022, 13:37   #14
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post

I guess we will hear again from you, next time Patti has one of her mental episodes on Twitter.
Quote:
Someone sent me this thread in a link. I don't check in often, and you probably won't hear from me for a while.
There is only one truth.
The truth.
That's it.

You're free to cast aspersions on Patti's mental health whenever the need moves you. It's both uninformed and childish, but it's your right. Patti has enough to deal with in the real world without deliberately obtuse comments being thrown her way by people who should know better, people who demand answers and then choose to stick their fingers in their ears when they get what they asked for.

Everything that I have stated is the truth.
Whether you believe that or not I won't be losing any sleep (... there's a bad joke in this somewhere).

There is no gain here. I don't want to be in the position where I have to present the people that I've worked with, and associated camp, in a negative light. But I won't be silenced or pushed into placated submission, either. If you push too hard, I'll turn up from time to time and set the record straight.

That's my right, and I will exercise it.

Nothing would make me happier than being able to come here and tell you how wonderful it was working with Jim et al, that we did great things together and what a wonderful human being Meat was.

Sadly, that's not reality.

End of the day: I know that you're a huge fan, and that you'll defend Meat to your last breath, and that's fine. That's your right (even when it's so obviously wrong and ill-informed). But you have to learn to accept that Patti has rights, too. Rights that you clearly do not appear to understand.

So let's wrap this up, because I'm busy as I'm sure you are, too.
Believe it or not, I do appreciate your videos, Adje. But cut Patti some slack.
In the meantime, keep up the good work.
No hard feelings.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 13:48   #15
sandmage
Rookie

Quote:
I don't want to be in the position where I have to present the people that I've worked with, and associated camp, in a negative light. But I won't be silenced or pushed into placated submission, either. If you push too hard, I'll turn up from time to time and set the record straight.

That's my right, and I will exercise it.
Actually, you're doing nothing but that. And frankly, unless Patti asked you to give additional context to watch she says but somehow chooses to not say herself, I argue, it's not your right. Your overstepping significantly.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 13:51   #16
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
It seems your only claim to fame is "collaborating" with Jim for 5 years..
Interesting choice of words.
Who wants 'fame'?
Patrick Ryan Frank "collaborated" with Jim, too. Only difference was Patrick had no idea until he saw his own material copy-pasted into the musical, 'by Jim Steinman'.

Quote:
You are not part of the cannon. We don't need your POV. I'm done with your posts.
Alas, many a villager has said the same thing.
"We don't need your sort round 'ere."
Relax, that's a joke.

Quote:
Move on and make some work that you can be proud of.
I 'moved on' in 2018. Maybe you missed it.

Since that time I've written two novels, the first of which is under consideration with one of the top 5 literary agencies in NYC. I've won three literary awards. Shortlisted for more. The industry is going through something of a hard and obscure time right now, but there is some light at the end. I'm currently writing a third novel while I pitch and market the first. Wheels turn slowly. I worked on a pilot for a genre show. Didn't happen, but that's life.
At the same time I was (and am) dealing with a debilitating medical condition, symptoms of which you can't imagine and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Again, that's life. You take the good with the bad and, hopefully, you learn to become a better person.

That's all any of us can do.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 05 Jun 2022 at 13:59.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 14:17   #17
sandmage
Rookie

Quote:

I 'moved on' in 2018. Maybe you missed it.
Is that how moving on looks like?

I know you don't want to talk to me anymore, but, I'm going to ask you anyway: What is your goal here? What reaction would satisfy you?
You come to a Meat Loaf forum saying: Meat Loaf Bad, Meat Loaf's wife Bad. Some people seem to like your posts and seem to agree, others don't. You expect the truth you're telling to be obvious. You expect ... just ... what do you expect? Should everyone bow before ThatWriterGuy?

If you have to right to say what you want on this forum, why did I "obviously just came here to troll Patti"

I've dealt with narcisists in my life and I know this game of granting yourself every right and the absolute truth, while others have no right and are always wrong. I see the same pattern in the way you argue.

And you can't! let! it! go! unless everyone says your right and the greatest.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 14:49   #18
Guy
Super Loafer

Send Patti my love TWG. 👍
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 19:51   #19
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:

Since that time I've written two novels, the first of which is under consideration with one of the top 5 literary agencies in NYC. I've won three literary awards. Shortlisted for more. The industry is going through something of a hard and obscure time right now, but there is some light at the end. I'm currently writing a third novel while I pitch and market the first. Wheels turn slowly. I worked on a pilot for a genre show. Didn't happen, but that's life.
Could you give us some more details on these novels and your writing work?
Old 05 Jun 2022, 22:13   #20
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Believe it or not, I do appreciate your videos, Adje. But cut Patti some slack.
In the meantime, keep up the good work.
No hard feelings.
That's nice, but not what this is about. What triggers me in your posts?

The original message
Quote:
(All about Deborah, obviously)
Yet the first part of your response. The very first line:
Quote:
Could be because Meat was a serial abuser,
I can go through other posts, I remember your Weinstein remark (and yes, AFTER you did that remark you posted a line that Meat Loaf isn't Weinstein, or something in that line).
Not to mention
Quote:
Offered without commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-
Let's not pretend you posted that because you expected uplifting comments

To me your remarks are malicious towards Meat.

As for cutting Patti some slack, I actually do. But if you are so concerned about her well being and close enough to her to have contact, maybe it's not me you should focus on, but Patti. If she was my friend, posting the stuff she posts on twitter (no context, also very malicious posts) I would prevent my friend from posting that on social media.

Don't blame me or others (except for lunatics that do threats) for calling upon her way of vile messages. You want to be her friend, you want to protect her from the evil people on social media? Don't lecture us, lecture the source. Lecture her..

As for the record, I don't dislike you. Just because we disagree doesn't mean I don't have certain respect for you. But I do feel bitterness in your posts.

Patti is doing her crusade. I don't think she chose the right path, but that is not up to me.

But again, this is 'His' forum, 'His' home. And all you are doing now (imo) is pissing on his grave and tell us that the grass around his tomb is wet and is starting to smell bad.

You want me to respect Patti, and "cut her some slack" at least do the same to Meat when you come here.
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 23:05   #21
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

No bitterness here. Should be clear. Just in case it's not, well, now you know.

As for Patti and her own comments on her personal Twitter page. That's on Patti. She's free to do that. Just as you're free to wade in with zero context and disparage her (don't mistake annoyance and the wearing thin of patience for bitterness - it isn't). You're also free to ignore her, and me, and based on the content of your continued replies you probably should.

Patti doesn't need your advice, and she certainly doesn't need your constant ridiculing of her mental health. You want to carry this on, this harassment, that's on you. I wouldn't advise it - and that's friendly advice - but you're free to do whatever you like.

I'd rather you didn't, but that's just me.

We've been talking about Meat since well before his passing, as well you know. I put KS on hiatus with regards to this. I won't lie and say, yeah, sure, he was a real swell guy. He could be a real monster, at times. However, I'm not of the inclination to repeat these things ad nauseam. What I will repeat, due to your continual selective reading, is that it doesn't please me to have to say this stuff. Not at all. And yet, sadly, it's stuff that clearly needs saying.

Patti has some very real, very serious issues in her life right now. It has nothing to do with your perception of her mental health. Every time you misinterpret something that she has said, willfully, and attack her, I'm going to set you - or whoever - straight.

One day, you will indeed get the message.

God of Low is self explanatory. I need more than both hands to count the people that Meat and Jim have screwed over and traumatized during their careers.

You don't want to hear it? Fine.
But it's true. I wish it weren't.

So let's wrap this up - again, Adje - otherwise I'm going to start billing you.

No hard feelings. Go about your life.
Listen to the music that you love.
Honestly, it's a short trip.
Enjoy it.
Do better things.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 05 Jun 2022 at 23:11.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 23:29   #22
nightinr
Super Loafer

Any links to your literacy work TWG?
Old 05 Jun 2022, 23:41   #23
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Any links to your literacy work TWG?
You can find the awards listed on various awards sites (I'd start with Scottish Book Trust, and go from there). My own website, too (find it via KS).

Everything else, at present, is either in development or under consideration for representation. Like I said, wheels turn slow and the industry is emerging from a very dark, black hole. But it's getting there.

Thanks for asking
Old 05 Jun 2022, 23:43   #24
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
I won't lie and say, yeah, sure, he was a real swell guy. He could be a real monster, at times. However, I'm not of the inclination to repeat these things ad nauseam. What I will repeat, due to your continual selective reading, is that it doesn't please me to have to say this stuff. Not at all. And yet, sadly, it's stuff that clearly needs saying.
We have got more than our fair share here on the forum through the years too.

I have seen so many extremely crazy, strange, harsh, nutty and rude postings on this site from the big man himself that I can say that I sadly have no trouble believing that there's more to the story...

All these posts were very quickly modified or removed by the mods.

Last edited by roomster; 05 Jun 2022 at 23:58.
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 05 Jun 2022, 23:57   #25
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
You can find the awards listed on various awards sites (I'd start with Scottish Book Trust, and go from there). My own website, too (find it via KS).

Everything else, at present, is either in development or under consideration for representation. Like I said, wheels turn slow and the industry is emerging from a very dark, black hole. But it's getting there.

Thanks for asking
Cheers....I do like the way you write so would love to buy a copy of your novel when/if it gets released
1 User Likes This Post.