PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 11 Jun 2020, 01:14   #1
Fire Ball
Himself

Default Multi Millionaire

Someone wrote and said that the line "Meat's a Multi Millionaire" had been written on this site.
Oh yeah right! We would be if the record Co had paid on the reported, on the low side of 32 million sold and money owed us from CBS/SONY . I didn't get a statement from 1983 till 1996.
I received one royalty check of $280,000 dollars in 1978 for and album that has sold world wide, on the web 43 to 50 million copies. People who worked at Epic at the time has said to me it was 60 million easy.That's not counting 5 million of bootlegs sold and produced by just one a NY store Sam Goodys. What about world wide bootlegs.
So when you go on the web and see my net worth 25 million. I laugh and cry.
Did I save money yes. Did I put in my IRA yes, did I watch how I was spending, you bet. I made more money on buying deals on houses and fixing them up, then selling than I ever came close to getting paid on record royalties. Did I declare bankruptcy in 1983 yes, because of wine, women,drugs and song, NO, I got sued for 100 million dollars. I could not fight the law suit. SO, I lost my house, car, everything. because of someones greed and people who worked for John Gotti, don't know the name look him up. BOTTOM LINE I am not a Multi Millionaire.
Love Ya,
Meat

Last edited by Fire Ball; 11 Jun 2020 at 01:20.
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 10:00   #2
Guy
Super Loafer

Nice to hear from you Meat. We have much in common.
Wine, and not being a multi millionaire 😄
Have a great day.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 13:49   #3
nightinr
Super Loafer

Good to hear from Meat again on here...

How is the back Meat? Any plans to tour next year?

All the best
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2020, 15:45   #4
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Welcome back Meat! You might not be a multimillionaire in cash terms but you are in hearts. You've touched many millions of hearts! Thank you for everything!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 11 Jun 2020, 18:04   #5
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Good to see you still have fire in your belly Meat
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jun 2020, 21:44   #6
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Having read accounts of how the music industry worked it is no surprise that while people assume Meat got paid for the "Bat" album he must have been paid accordingly and honestly. Sadly big business does not work that way. Having been a new act and having had issues finding a record company made it easy to skim money and false count, especially back then.

I totally believe that Bat sold no less than 50 million but as Meat said how many were copies, especially from those send a penny and get a box of records clubs. Factor those in and it could even be higher. I believe overall it is the best selling album of all time. Meat put himself through all that touring to sell records for other people to pocket off the sale.

I can't speculate how much money everyone has. I am sure that Meat is not destitute for certain and has investments. But I think people think if he sold 40 million records and probably 100 million in his career he must have made at least that many dollars. Of course it is not true. Take "Hotel California' for example the Eagles were an established band and big sellers already so they probably got paid at least. I know Henley never missed out on a dime. Meat was not in that position. I'd speculate that Todd Rundgren made the most money legally speaking off "Bat" outside the record company at least.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2020, 00:02   #7
mdhrln
Rookie

Default millionaire

If Meats not a millinaire what happened..after bat 2 all the tours and movies......million dollar homes...doesnt sound right
mdhrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2020, 16:38   #8
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhrln View Post
If Meats not a millinaire what happened..after bat 2 all the tours and movies......million dollar homes...doesnt sound right
Depending on the definition of what "multi" is to you. He pointed out what they claim he has online and said that was not true. Those net worth sites are BS. Yeah he probably has some from Bat 2, touring and investing and a settlement over "Bat" but he's not saying he's broke. Just not made the money people think he has, mainly being cheated on what one of the best sellers of all time made vs. what he got.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 Jun 2020, 20:47   #9
anotherday
Super Loafer

<3 <3 Meat <3 <3

You go get em!
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote