mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 23 Aug 2013, 12:15   #26
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Dude, relax! What is wrong with breathing heavy? You did, so what? You played 70 minutes at that point. Usaine Bolt breathes heavy after a race of 10 seconds. Yet nobody claims he isn't fit. Nor did I about you.

This was about Lyzza and her response. After the fourth time of inhaling you actually see her respond in a 'wtf' way. And her face relaxes when you start singing again.

This was a message to post something positive about her dedication and you turn it in something negative where it was not meant to be negative.
I can see how the last part of your post tho could be taken not so likely tho...
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 12:22   #27
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I can see how the last part of your post tho could be taken not so likely tho...
What?

"Yet, I wish them both the best and hope they will enjoy the Vegas shows immensely. "

That's the last part of my post...
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 13:34   #28
Jules13
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !!
We saw it right away when you came on the stage.
Wow!!! That is awesome! Very good job! You looked good!!
Jules13 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 14:39   #29
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
What?

"Yet, I wish them both the best and hope they will enjoy the Vegas shows immensely. "

That's the last part of my post...
I meant

"Nice trivia that I thought of, while watching the stage... The last time Meat used the three Bat banners, it was also without Patti..."
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 15:10   #30
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I think the reference was to the post that was on FB not about pictures. :0)
Yep exactly. Not about pictures, Meat is right about that!

It was just texing. She wrote on her facebook the 3rd of August that she was very excited because she was asked to join Meat on his newest two shows (which were the two in the UK).

Anyway, I think the girls did a great job. I heard some of it on youtube. And with that short amount of rehearsel time, I take my hat of for them and wish them good luck for the future!
(Meat, if one of the ladies has a bad day, just ask me. I can't sing so well, but eh, I know all the lines too). LOL.
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 15:41   #31
ninja
Super Loafer

[QUOTE=Fire Ball;597163]I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !! I really do not like this ,if I was taking my time it is for dramatic effect !!

I've been at the races and you were in great shape, full of power and energy. And you seemed to have as much fun as we had
At the end I thought: "WOW! how is he doing that???" and I really have no idea
brilliant performance and very strong voice!!!
ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 16:23   #32
DJLeen
Super Loafer

Quote:
I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !! I really do not like this ,if I was taking my time it is for dramatic effect !! Adje you are about to get on my nerves . Stop with all your supposition . You read way too much into everything just go with the flow and ride the wave . Stop over thinking everything . This is not a Sherlock Holmes Mystery !!!
Meat
Don't listen when they say such things Meat it is not true , I was in Newbury and you were very fit and in shape on that stage It showed !!
DJLeen is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 16:31   #33
Jules13
Super Loafer

In my opinion the last days things were written in here from some people that shouldn't have been written. I was reading and thinking, thinking and reading. It really made me speechless.
Maybe it is better not being so provokative to Meat. This is not the way of talking to a "friend"! He called us friends so I might to be allowed to call him a friend, too.
When I joined the forum I was really suprised that Meat himself is on here and communicating with us. This is awesome! Thank you Meat!!!
Please don't destroy that.
Please, don't call him "dude".
So I can understand his point and why he is or was upset. Hopefully not anymore.
Anyway....

The performances in Newmarket and Newbury were amazing ***** as I already wrote in the reviews!!!

After the show in Newmarket I was lucky and met next to Paul and Randy also Stacey. She is a very nice and lovely person. Both girls did a very good job on stage and they had a fantastic stage presence as well, what I have often heard. :)
They did their best. A big welcome to Stacey and Lyssa!

Meat, is there a possibility you would be so kind opening some videos from Newbury on YouTube again?
Jules13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 17:26   #34
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Well done Meat with the gym! I'm a gym instructor I I can say it :)
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 18:13   #35
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
That is impossible , I never met the girls till the 12th of Aug . I took a picture with Lyzza after the show in New market and she ask if she could post it I said yes. So a picture with me and either one one of those girls in the beginning of Aug . Is a load of BS. Bottom line .
Meat
Stop with BS please ... That never happened . Come on people !!! They also never met the band until the 14th of Aug.

I think what they are referring to is that Lyssa posted on August 3 that she will be joining Meat Loaf. It's on her Twitter page.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 19:27   #36
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser

I don't think I'd ever seen Meat so determined and relaxed as I did at Newbury :)
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 19:40   #37
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyloaf View Post
Well done Meat with the gym! I'm a gym instructor I I can say it :)
I'm an athlete, can I say it too? No really, well done Meat

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 19:55   #38
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Yes u can :)
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:15   #39
Fire Ball
Himself

Send your family my love , I am so sorry. Your family should remember the fun times , good times , and the time you were all together . Stay strong .
Love
Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyj0 View Post
My mother in law died the morning of newbury, so in floods of tears and feeling very emotional I faced the rain. The show was sensational and the 2 girls were brilliant!! It was just what I needed on the saddest day. Meat you and your music helped me to get through and I can't thank you enough xx
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:24   #40
Fire Ball
Himself

Yes I read that but it was spun in a negative way , I am sick and tired of my voice and my health being analyzed like I am a research lab experiment.
Meat

Quote:
8 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:28   #41
Fire Ball
Himself

Can I please ask a question without you getting upset , Why would you want to watch a bad quality bootleg .. I'm sorry I don't understand this ,
Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I've seen the bootleg of the show and while the quality in parts can best be described as dreadful it does give a reasonable impression of what occurred. Considering it was their first show and with very little rehearsal I think they both did a decent job. I'd certainly like to see more.
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:33   #42
Sebastian.
Biggles

I suppose cos not everyone can make the show and desperate to hear or see it. You're an amazing performer so I think everyone wants to see every show, me included but to do that we'd have to start "breaking bad".

I guess bootlegs even the worse quality give at least albeit not the best insight!
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:35   #43
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Can I please ask a question without you getting upset , Why would you want to watch a bad quality bootleg .. I'm sorry I don't understand this ,
Meat
I saw it as well..for some of us its the only way we'll get to see your show that month, etc..Apart from youtubes of course. I was very excited when I heard stuff from these two shows, they sounded fantastic and made me so stoked for vegas and the new album
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:38   #44
Vickip
Mega Loafer

I can honestly say I have no desire to watch bootlegs, especially bad ones I'm happy just reading the reviews and looking at the pics.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:40   #45
Cole
Loafer

Congrats on the 11 pounds lost meat! It definatly shows and without a doubt nobody can argue that you haven't been working your ass off! You look great and definatly still don't believe your going to be 66 and I've seen some of the YouTube videos and the girls sound fabulous ! Lyssa is a sweetheart and genuinely down to earth it is what it is.... People speculate but have no truth to their actions... It's a shame really
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:52   #46
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian. View Post

Congrats on the 11lbs lost Meat, as someone who lost 140 I know how tough each lbs is!
140 lbs ? Wow .. congrats to you too Sebastian !

Yes .. I forgot to add, congrats to the 11lbs lost Meat I lost about 15 after my surgery in April ... but I really need to lose more.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 21:54   #47
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
I meant

"Nice trivia that I thought of, while watching the stage... The last time Meat used the three Bat banners, it was also without Patti..."
?? It's trivia. How is that positive or negative? Banners were used for the Bat 3 tour. They are re-used now. Funny enough Patti wasn't part of the band during the Bat 3 tour and this time around she also wasn't part of the band. I don't see any harm in this. It's a fact... it's trivia...
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 22:03   #48
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Meat
I think it's very simpel.

First of, you only know when a bootleg is good or bad quality if you've seen it. So the question should be "why watching bootlegs in the first place"

And there are many reasons why people do this.

-People want to have something to remember the show by
-People weren't able to attend the show but that doesn't keep them from wanting to know how it went.
-People are collectors
-People can't seem to get original released material
(have you have any clue how 'wel receivedl' the Last at Bat bootlegs were?)

Bootlegs aren't a bad, they are a good if you are open minded. It gives an oportunity to your fans to witness a show for the first or second time and after that over and over again. Especially if your favorite artist only has 3 DVD releases in 10 years.

Happy to say more and more artists understand and support this

And believe me (and I should know...) there are quite a few people here who say they never watch a bootleg but downloaded them anyway. So even they see the benefit of it

Last edited by Adje; 23 Aug 2013 at 22:51.
Old 23 Aug 2013, 22:18   #49
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Meat
Curiosity. Just being nosey as to how the new ladies sound. I didn't realise how poor the quality was until I watched it and I only skimmed it, I did not watch from beginning to end. It has whet my appetite for more and hopefully you'll see fit to do a proper Last At Bat DVD with the new line up.

Quote:
Especially if your favorite artist only has 3 DVD releases in 10 years.
5 DVD releases from a 35 year career.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2013, 23:13   #50
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
I can honestly say I have no desire to watch bootlegs, especially bad ones I'm happy just reading the reviews and looking at the pics.
Nor me. Nor do I see they enhance Meat's reputation at all, either away from here, nor in this forum. The number of times his performance is judged wanting by people who have only viewed a bootleg beggars belief. There have been tour legs I couldn't get to. I didn't seek out bootlegs to watch, and have no desire to watch or listen to poor quality ones, with people screaming over Meat like cats being swung by the tail.

And I know some people aren't able to get to shows at all, and that's very sad. But ultimately if Meat doesn't feel they do him justice why should he leave them on YT? This is a man who works so hard to give the best performance. How hurtful to see something that lowers it, on the internet for anyone to see? It's HIS performance, and his reputation after all.

Last edited by Monstro; 24 Aug 2013 at 01:09. Reason: deleted post ref removed
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Dislike This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.