mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 14 May 2013, 20:21   #1
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Default Meat and the Dutch

About the Dutch and Meat:

As I told before, most of the Dutch only know Meat from Paradise and Anything for love. They think the whole world only knows Meat because of those two songs.
They don’t know Mr. Loaf has done a lot of music and movies. I really don’t know why. Is it a media-thing? Is it bad taste? 
Ofcourse, thank God, there are also real fans who know more about him and there are even the diehards who know a lot (can be found on this forum as well I guess)

Two funny anecdotes:

When I told that I was extremely excited that Meat would come to the Netherlands again somebody asked: “Huh? Is that man still alive?”

After the M&G last Saturday I ofcourse had to change my profilepicture on facebook
Got a reaction from a friend: “Wow, who’s this handsom?” (she thought I had a new man, although he has the same age as my father). So I replied: “Meat Loaf!” and she replied a bit ashamed “Oh, uhhh, haha, he hasn’t changed a bit”

OMG, sighhhhh…. (LOL)

Anyway, wish I was in Belfast right now!
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 May 2013, 20:41   #2
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
About the Dutch and Meat:

As I told before, most of the Dutch only know Meat from Paradise and Anything for love. They think the whole world only knows Meat because of those two songs.
They don’t know Mr. Loaf has done a lot of music and movies. I really don’t know why. Is it a media-thing? Is it bad taste? 
Ofcourse, thank God, there are also real fans who know more about him and there are even the diehards who know a lot (can be found on this forum as well I guess)

Two funny anecdotes:

When I told that I was extremely excited that Meat would come to the Netherlands again somebody asked: “Huh? Is that man still alive?”

After the M&G last Saturday I ofcourse had to change my profilepicture on facebook
Got a reaction from a friend: “Wow, who’s this handsom?” (she thought I had a new man, although he has the same age as my father). So I replied: “Meat Loaf!” and she replied a bit ashamed “Oh, uhhh, haha, he hasn’t changed a bit”

OMG, sighhhhh…. (LOL)

Anyway, wish I was in Belfast right now!
Sad to say I found this attitude a lot when I was in the Netherlands too. In fact there seemed to be an attitude of disdain to visiting foreign artists in general. I even saw Paul McCartney get a frosty reception over there!
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2013, 20:45   #3
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

I should add that I met quite a few hardcore fans at the Hang Cool signing in Rotterdam who clearly knew their stuff.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2013, 14:06   #4
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoduke View Post
Sad to say I found this attitude a lot when I was in the Netherlands too. In fact there seemed to be an attitude of disdain to visiting foreign artists in general. I even saw Paul McCartney get a frosty reception over there!

Really? OMG...
Well of course you don't have to jump in someones arms, really don't think the artist would appreciate that
And the Dutch in general are very "act normal, don't exaggerate, feet-on-the-ground" people. Kind of academic I guess.... But in general very honoust and with good hearts.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 23:59   #5
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Mccartney,frosty reception? i say great!
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2013, 00:27   #6
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Its funny. In the states, or at least here up east, hes known for took the words.

Paradise and anything for love as well, but here everyone knows took the words
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2013, 22:50   #7
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

And the uk because of Bat out of hell I guess?
Old 20 Jun 2013, 13:25   #8
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

This all makes me feel a little better about the part of the world I live cause most people in the south know him for the song's BOOH, Two Out Of Three, Paradise, Took The Words, Anything For Love, Rock N Roll Dreams, Objects and I'd Lie For You. Who would of thought the deep south had some good taste in music? lol
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote