mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 10 Jul 2012, 14:37   #1
chairboys
Mega Loafer

Default Bonnie Tyler supporting Status Quo

For those Bonnie fans, just to let you know she is part of Quofest this December.
I have just booked my tickets for Birmingham.
Really really excited!!
chairboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2012, 16:01   #2
samurai7
Rock Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairboys View Post
For those Bonnie fans, just to let you know she is part of Quofest this December.
Really really excited!!
We're gonna try for the Cardiff one. Quo are always great value live, and now with Bonnie it's unmissable
samurai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2012, 16:19   #3
chairboys
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7 View Post
We're gonna try for the Cardiff one. Quo are always great value live, and now with Bonnie it's unmissable
definitely
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:16   #4
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Really really excited!!

We need a "I like it I like it I like it I like it I li li like it li li like it" button
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2012, 00:38   #5
Guy
Super Loafer

Fantastic stuff! I will be there. Never seen BT.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2012, 03:24   #6
Batwings
Junior Loafer

Quo r awesome live
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2012, 06:27   #7
Anubis
Loafer

Quote:
Really really excited!!

Im off there too, I go every year.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2012, 18:12   #8
chairboys
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Im off there too, I go every year.
I have seen the Quo only once before at Wembley. Can't remember the year but T'Pau were the support band.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 15:51   #9
Anubis
Loafer

As usarall Quo where brillent, and bonnie tyler has still got the voise she was mavalus, a very entertaining and fun night out.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2012, 16:03   #10
samurai7
Rock Star

I went to the Cardiff show on the 14th of December and it was fantastic.
This is a copy/paste of a review I posted elsewhere:

Quote:
Just got in from an incredible night. The first act was Eddie & The Hot Rods, a late-'70s pub-rock act that had a hit with Do Anything You Wanna Do. Great to see these guys again, last time I saw them was on my 18th birthday, back in '96, so a few good memories. They finished on a pretty cool cover of the Van Morrison (or The Doors if you like) song GLORIA. Great stuff.

Bonnie was up next, and my GOD she was phenomenal. I thought she sounded in exceptional form, and looked great. The sound in the arena was perfect. Unfortunately, as a support act she only got about 50 minutes, but it was a hit-packed, perfectly pitched set.
Opener It's a Heartache (with wonderful harmony guitars) and Bee Gees cover To Love Somebody had the crowd singing along, and Have You Ever Seen The Rain got them rocking out; there was even a rush of people down to the front of the stage to dance. Hearing the "Ooh la la" chorus of Lost in France being sung by the whole arena was spine-tingling.
Before singing The Best she mentioned that although the song is mainly associated with Tina Turner, she recorded it two years before. A great rendition of Turtle Blues, replete with anecdote about recording her version in the same studio as Janis Joplin's original followed.
Just before starting Total Eclipse she mentioned that in 1983 she was very fortunate to work with "The GENIUS Jim Steinman", which got a respectable cheer from pockets of the enthusiastic Welsh crowd.
We also got Faster Than The Speed of Night and Holding Out For a Hero to round off a trifecta of Steinsongs, and Bonnie's set.

The full setlist was as follows:

It's a Heartache
To Love Somebody
Have You Ever Seen the Rain
Lost in France
The Best
Turtle Blues
Total Eclipse
(Band intros)
Faster Than The Speed of Night
Holding Out For a Hero

After this it was headliners Status Quo's turn, and as expected they delivered the goods, even closing the evening with a medley of Festive hits, after a set literally laden with the numerous boogie-shuffle-blues-rock anthems they've made their trademark. Always incredible value live, it was a pleasure to see them again. Rick and Francis really are not only fantastic musicians, but very skilled entertainers too, with a catalogue of classics.

I can honestly say it was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, and I consider myself nigh-on a professional concert-goer
Highly recommended. UK people, if this show is coming to a venue near you then please try to go along. I honestly cannot rate it highly enough.

S.
samurai7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2012, 16:29   #11
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

If you get the right dates for the 2013 leg of this tour not only will you see Bonnie Tyler as the support act but you will also see the original line up of Quo playing live together for the first time in just over 30 years.

Unfortunately if you dont already have a ticket unless you are willing to pay through the nose for a VIP + M&G ticket through Ticketmaster ( £206 per ticket, sold in pairs only ) you have missed the boat for that because all other tickets sold out to fanclub members at presale ( Yes presale was reserved for fanclub members only and was not available any other way ).
wolfy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 00:43   #12
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Why is bonnie now a support act??
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:03   #13
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Why is bonnie now a support act??

because she doesn't have as many Steinman songs as Meat has to draw on...
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:32   #14
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post

because she doesn't have as many Steinman songs as Meat has to draw on...
I don't think that's got anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Jan 2013, 14:45   #15
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
I don't think that's got anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

That was just my opinion. But at the same time I don't she's done all that well without Jim's help
Old 02 Jan 2013, 17:28   #16
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Think it's more to do with the way the music industry in general works these days.

If you are a long established star like Meat, Stones, Who, Springsteen etc to a certain extent you get to do whatever you want because of a large loyal fanbase.

Anyone else & record & promotions companies can make more money from here today gone tomorrow acts like the ones that we get from X factor, Teen acts like Bieber etc so unless you are willing to dance by their no matter how good you are tune they don't want to know you.

Bonnie is talented & has a loyal fan base but unfortunately its not big enough for the record companies to take enough notice to promote her and that my friends is a sad indictment of the modern music industry, a fast £ before talent.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Jan 2013, 18:09   #17
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy35 View Post
Think it's more to do with the way the music industry in general works these days.

If you are a long established star like Meat, Stones, Who, Springsteen etc to a certain extent you get to do whatever you want because of a large loyal fanbase.

Anyone else & record & promotions companies can make more money from here today gone tomorrow acts like the ones that we get from X factor, Teen acts like Bieber etc so unless you are willing to dance by their no matter how good you are tune they don't want to know you.

Bonnie is talented & has a loyal fan base but unfortunately its not big enough for the record companies to take enough notice to promote her and that my friends is a sad indictment of the modern music industry, a fast £ before talent.
Exactly.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 23:18   #18
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy35 View Post

So if she had more Steinman songs, say something new along the lines of total eclipse of the Heart, that wouldn't drive up her fan base?
I do agree with you about the record companies and promotion, but in the end its the songs that sell the seats.
Old 02 Jan 2013, 23:22   #19
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
I do agree with you about the record companies and promotion, but in the end its the songs that sell the seats.
Looking forward to a sold out Bieber sings BOOH tour
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 23:40   #20
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Looking forward to a sold out Bieber sings BOOH tour
He could do worse ...
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 23:57   #21
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Richardson View Post
He could do worse ...
He does, he does
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 01:05   #22
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
He does, he does
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 02:53   #23
wolfy35
Dangerous on a full moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
He does, he does
Ill take your word on that one. So far I have never had the misfortune to hear that one singing, although Weird Al Yankovic does a parody of one of his songs.