mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Loaf! Camera! Action!

Old 16 May 2011, 05:32   #1
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Default Celebrity Apprentice Week 11

Congratulations on being in the final 3 Meat You raised a lot of money for a very worthy cause .. and that's something to be extremely proud of. I love how you wear your heart of your sleeve. I find it very endearing and makes you even more special.

I'm very proud to be a Meat Loaf fan right now.
Thank you and love ya !

Looking forward to hopefully hearing you sing Standing In The Storm during the live finale next week
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 05:38   #2
kkzag
Senior Loafer

To quote YOU Vick....

"I know exactly what you mean"! :)

PROUD to be a ML fan..."FAN"TASTIC JOB MEAT!!!

xoxox

Kar
kkzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 05:43   #3
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Suz ...you alive?? LOL (Dejavue Lancaster)...

Typing it up NOW eh???

SO WAS I!!! LOL!!

xoxox

Kar
Old 16 May 2011, 05:45   #4
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzag View Post
To quote YOU Vick....

"I know exactly what you mean"! :)

PROUD to be a ML fan..."FAN"TASTIC JOB MEAT!!!

xoxox

Kar
Yes .. our big guy did real good

Guess Suzie fell asleep on the job
Old 16 May 2011, 05:50   #5
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Funny you 2 (hecklers!). I'm typing a novel here!

Pick up where we left off from Ep. 10. The firing of Star and the return of Marlee and Meat back to the war room. John and Jon are absolutely elated that Meat weathered the firing storm like a champ. Marlee is stunned and shock returning to the war room a little late...she starts to get emotional over what transpired. She is the last female standing for ASAP and for the program overall.

Not too much time passes before Donald Trump makes his way to the room. Congratulating the final 4, but with a disclaimer that they will each take part in the interview process by Joan Rivers, Piers Morgan, and Brett Michaels. Two more of you will be fired.

John Rich is first to go up. The interview is tough but fair I thought. Immediately the questions start with who will you throw under the bus first. There goes Meat's name in that pool and his reasoning was because of being too emotional. Second one goes to Lil' Jon and only cause' Marlee raised $1mil for her charity should not be overlooked.

Lil Jon goes next. His answers were calm and cool, just like he's played all season. He did slip up and didn't put himself in the final 2 when asked. That could come back to haunt him, I thought.

Meat goes next. They harped upon his emotions, Meat explained it well. He was upfront about his energy and focus on task. I thought he was sharp. When asked about who he'd throw under the bus, he named Lil' Jon for being a little lazy.

Marlee up last. She handles the peppering of questions well too.

Trump reviews with the interviewers and they had great things to say about everyone. Into the boardroom: He asks each one of the contestants, who they would see in the final 2. John picks Marlee; Lil' Jon picks John Rich; Marlee picks John Rich; Meat picks John Rich. After some buildup, Lil' Jon is the first to go as Trump explains he has done well on the show.

Down to final 3. Each of the remaining are asked why they should be the Celebrity Apprentice. Meat is at a disadvantage because he heard the other two first....but he comes up with a passionate answer for The Painted Turtle.

Overall the interviewers didn't think that Meat's emotions were conducive to the business world. Trump disagreed with them but ultimately our man got the axe. Trump's, "Meat your fired" sent a bit of a stinger to me. Hearing Meat graciously thanking Mr. Trump, wishing the other contestants well (Rock IT!) and exiting with his head held high, was class act all the way.

The next task is presented to Rich and Marlee, a 7up Retro. Rich's focus is that of the 80's, gets the band Def Leppard for their event....and Marlee's is focused on the 70's, gets the Harlem Globetrotters for her event. Enter fired contestants to help out on the task. Meat, Lil' Jon, Latoya, Star, Mark McGrath and Richard Hatch. A schoolyard pick by the PM's determine the set teams.

Both teams get busy on design of a new can and new box for store shelves. As well as in store displays. Then the commercial for their product. Lil Jon is in charge of the commercial for Rich's team. Star has logistics. McGrath is a creative energy which feeds Rich's mind. The get Dee Snider from Twisted Sister to star in the commercial.

Ideas are swirling about for Marlee. Latoya is finding Meat's way of working is funny. Meat has a lot of ideas in that head of his. No doubt. They choose a slogan and concept. They are off and running.

This is a loaded episode of details. The show ends with both teams shooting their commercials. Meat is directing the commercial for Marlee. At one point he is shaking his hips...I wouldn't exactly call it dancing...but he was trying to get Richard to do things. I was doubled over, nearly laughed my ass off. Meat is also in the commercial for Marlee. Brought back some memories I have to say. One more thing about the shoot though, Meat was giving instructions to a stagehand...he needed the fan on. He said, "Put it on high. BLOW ME". Welp, there went my 7up. LMAO!

Overall it looks like the task is going okay, but the talent that Team Marlee had secured is having a legal issue signing the release. Both teams are having issues......and they show Meat wanting to throw his phone. Perhaps he lost his signal, I have no idea why. But, clearly even though Meat is not PM he completely is engrossed in task and wants to win, for Marlee.

The show ends fading to Trumps hotel. The final outcome is unclear and next week is the finale.

Now let's back up a little bit: I think it goes without say that I would have loved for Meat to be in the final 2. I even thought I lost a little interest after he was fired. However, what I quickly figured out, was that I was less stressed for him. I still wanted to watch how Meat contributed to the show. When he came back as a helper. He stepped up and showed to me really why he would have been the better contestant to go up against John Rich. Meat is a natural leader...he has the follow through, the gut drive, the focus, and experience to be so. Although Trump got it wrong, Meat will always be my Celebrity Apprentice.

Congratulations Meat, I'm so proud of you!

Suzieq

Last edited by suzieq; 16 May 2011 at 06:12. Reason: Blow me!
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 06:02   #6
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Excellent recap ... thanks for posting Suzie
This paragraph sums up exactly I feel :

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post

Now let's back up a little bit: I think it goes without say that I would have loved for Meat to be in the final 2. I even thought I lost a little interest after he was fired. However, what I quickly figured out, was that I was less stressed for him. I still wanted to watch how Meat contributed to the show. When he came back as a helper. He stepped up and showed to me really why he would have been the better contestant to go up against John Rich. Meat is a natural leader...he has the follow through, the gut drive, the focus, and experience to be so. Although Trump got it wrong, Meat will always be my Celebrity Apprentice.

Suzieq
Old 16 May 2011, 06:09   #7
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Talking

From an anonymous heckler....

Great re-cap SUZ....

Forgot one little hilarious part....

Meat yelling at the FAN MAN........"BLOW ME"!!!

Yes Vick...I HAD to add that...

Guess I WILL be tuning in next week afterall...

Kar
Old 16 May 2011, 06:15   #8
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

I really don't like John Rich or lil Jon now there snakes in the grass. I don't know why Meat is even friends with those two backstabbing assholes.
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 06:15   #9
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
From an anonymous heckler....

Great re-cap SUZ....

Forgot one little hilarious part....

Meat yelling at the FAN MAN........"BLOW ME"!!!

Yes Vick...I HAD to add that...

Guess I WILL be tuning in next week afterall...

Kar
Actually I think it was fan woman I'll have to watch that part again to make sure

I knew you had to take care of it
Old 16 May 2011, 06:17   #10
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah's way View Post
I really don't like John Rich or lil Jon now there snakes in the grass. I don't know why Meat is even friends with those two backstabbing assholes.
Just remember ... it's all about the competition and the charities.
All of the people there, including John and Lil Jon, were doing whatever it takes to win. Even Meat said he would throw Lil Jon under the bus if he had to

Last edited by Vickip; 16 May 2011 at 06:29.
Old 16 May 2011, 06:21   #11
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Suzie !

I was actually glad to see Richard Hatch come back ... he and Meat are a great pair together .

The other funny part was when they were interviewing John Rich about him and Star ...
and the picture fell off the wall behind him

Even though he wasn't chosen as one of the final 2, it's still great seeing Meat jump in as an energetic, strong team player
Old 16 May 2011, 06:28   #12
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Thumbs up

and RECORDED with them...because he is a PROFESSIONAL CELEBRITY!! :)

Can't help but wonder how STAR JONES felt about being called TOOTS by Mark...when she was OFFENDED by "SWEETIE" from Meat!

<< STAR..... LMAO!

****GREAT JOB MEAT..."FROM OUR HEARTS TO YOUR SOUL...WE SAY THANK-YOU...THANK-YOU VERY VERY MUCH MEAT LOAF!!!!!!!

Kar

Last edited by kkzag; 16 May 2011 at 06:39. Reason: laughter...the BEST medicine! :)
Old 16 May 2011, 06:29   #13
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Actually I think it was fan woman I'll have to watch that part again to make sure

I knew you had to take care of it
What ya tryin to say Vick??
Old 16 May 2011, 06:36   #14
kkzag
Senior Loafer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
Funny you 2 (hecklers!). I'm typing a novel here!

Pick up where we left off from Ep. 10. The firing of Star and the return of Marlee and Meat back to the war room. John and Jon are absolutely elated that Meat weathered the firing storm like a champ. Marlee is stunned and shock returning to the war room a little late...she starts to get emotional over what transpired. She is the last female standing for ASAP and for the program overall.

Not too much time passes before Donald Trump makes his way to the room. Congratulating the final 4, but with a disclaimer that they will each take part in the interview process by Joan Rivers, Piers Morgan, and Brett Michaels. Two more of you will be fired.

John Rich is first to go up. The interview is tough but fair I thought. Immediately the questions start with who will you throw under the bus first. There goes Meat's name in that pool and his reasoning was because of being too emotional. Second one goes to Lil' Jon and only cause' Marlee raised $1mil for her charity should not be overlooked.

Lil Jon goes next. His answers were calm and cool, just like he's played all season. He did slip up and didn't put himself in the final 2 when asked. That could come back to haunt him, I thought.

Meat goes next. They harped upon his emotions, Meat explained it well. He was upfront about his energy and focus on task. I thought he was sharp. When asked about who he'd throw under the bus, he named Lil' Jon for being a little lazy.

Marlee up last. She handles the peppering of questions well too.

Trump reviews with the interviewers and they had great things to say about everyone. Into the boardroom: He asks each one of the contestants, who they would see in the final 2. John picks Marlee; Lil' Jon picks John Rich; Marlee picks John Rich; Meat picks John Rich. After some buildup, Lil' Jon is the first to go as Trump explains he has done well on the show.

Down to final 3. Each of the remaining are asked why they should be the Celebrity Apprentice. Meat is at a disadvantage because he heard the other two first....but he comes up with a passionate answer for The Painted Turtle.

Overall the interviewers didn't think that Meat's emotions were conducive to the business world. Trump disagreed with them but ultimately our man got the axe. Trump's, "Meat your fired" sent a bit of a stinger to me. Hearing Meat graciously thanking Mr. Trump, wishing the other contestants well (Rock IT!) and exiting with his head held high, was class act all the way.

The next task is presented to Rich and Marlee, a 7up Retro. Rich's focus is that of the 80's, gets the band Def Leppard for their event....and Marlee's is focused on the 70's, gets the Harlem Globetrotters for her event. Enter fired contestants to help out on the task. Meat, Lil' Jon, Latoya, Star, Mark McGrath and Richard Hatch. A schoolyard pick by the PM's determine the set teams.

Both teams get busy on design of a new can and new box for store shelves. As well as in store displays. Then the commercial for their product. Lil Jon is in charge of the commercial for Rich's team. Star has logistics. McGrath is a creative energy which feeds Rich's mind. The get Dee Snider from Twisted Sister to star in the commercial.

Ideas are swirling about for Marlee. Latoya is finding Meat's way of working is funny. Meat has a lot of ideas in that head of his. No doubt. They choose a slogan and concept. They are off and running.

This is a loaded episode of details. The show ends with both teams shooting their commercials. Meat is directing the commercial for Marlee. At one point he is shaking his hips...I wouldn't exactly call it dancing...but he was trying to get Richard to do things. I was doubled over, nearly laughed my ass off. Meat is also in the commercial for Marlee. Brought back some memories I have to say. One more thing about the shoot though, Meat was giving instructions to a stagehand...he needed the fan on. He said, "Put it on high. BLOW ME". Welp, there went my 7up. LMAO!

Overall it looks like the task is going okay, but the talent that Team Marlee had secured is having a legal issue signing the release. Both teams are having issues......and they show Meat wanting to throw his phone. Perhaps he lost his signal, I have no idea why. But, clearly even though Meat is not PM he completely is engrossed in task and wants to win, for Marlee.

The show ends fading to Trumps hotel. The final outcome is unclear and next week is the finale.

Suzieq

LMFAO @ "REASON FOR EDIT"!!!! TFF!
Old 16 May 2011, 06:45   #15
meatfanforlife
Banned

~~~~ Trump, ~~~~ Joan, ~~~~ JR, ~~~~ Piers, ~~~~ Brett...~~~~ em all.

If you cannot see Meat Loaf for who he really is, you dont ~~~~ing deserve him. I will not be watching this shitty show next year.

Sorry Trump, but you dont have backbone.
meatfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 06:55   #16
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Can't help but wonder how STAR JONES felt about being called TOOTS by Mark...when she was OFFENDED by "SWEETIE" from Meat!
Well, look at Star's Twitter & you will find out, Don Jr commented on it, then Boston Angel & I did, she came back with some arguement, I can't remember... oh here it is, as written....

In reply to Don Trump Jr:

Quote:
Shall I "School you junior?" @DonaldJTrumpJr: Did @mark_mcgrath just call @StarJonesEsq tootz??? I am pretty sure I heard that
She then continues with:

Quote:
When you refer to someone with a term of endearment/familiarity in a spirit of camaraderie… it isn’t insulting or demeaning…
Quote:
BUT, “young man” @DonalJTrumpJr when you use a cutesy term in the middle of a disagreement… you are being demeaning. EXHIBIT A
Quote:
<< STAR..... LMAO!
Yes indeed.
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 07:34   #17
kkzag
Senior Loafer

LOL Thanks Mel!
Old 16 May 2011, 07:48   #18
melon
Long Distance Loafer

I always thought the term “Toots” was demeaning & offensive no matter what context it was used in, if anyone called me toots I’d go all Star Jones on their ass for sure lol
Old 16 May 2011, 08:36   #19
BostonAngel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
I always thought the term “Toots” was demeaning & offensive no matter what context it was used in, if anyone called me toots I’d go all Star Jones on their ass for sure lol
I know. I think of sweetie as more of a term of endearment, than toots would be since so many people use it.
Loved Meat's line near the beginning of the show when he said about Star, "I out-lawyered the lawyer" in the boardroom. Priceless

Of course my favorite line of the night was when Meat was dressed in the 70's garb in front of the fan, and he said "blow me". That was hilarious!
BostonAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 09:23   #20
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatfanforlife View Post
Sorry Trump, but you don't have backbone.
Spot on!! Just pockets to fill

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 11:47   #21
Flake
Junior Loafer

Thumbs up

Meat you did an excellent job! you may not be "the apprentice" but you accomplished your mission! you raised a lot of money for the kids at the painted turtle but more so awareness.. you have a whole lot of fans on facebook who are busy raising funds to donate in your name for the painted turtle!

Here's one on the man, you and your charity have our continuous support!
Flake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 14:23   #22
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Yeah, I'm on a drinking ban..... but I'll sneak a for ya tonight Meat, congratulations on making it so far in the game, proud of ya mate.
Old 16 May 2011, 14:32   #23
Shea
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickip View Post
Congratulations on being in the final 3 Meat You raised a lot of money for a very worthy cause .. and that's something to be extremely proud of. I love how you wear your heart of your sleeve. I find it very endearing and makes you even more special.

I'm very proud to be a Meat Loaf fan right now.
Thank you and love ya !

Looking forward to hopefully hearing you sing Standing In The Storm during the live finale next week
Couldn't have said that better Vicki Congrats Meat!!! It is so good to see that there are good people like you in the world making a difference. You are 1 in a million Meat.

I heard and downloaded Standing In The Storm off of I-Tunes....wow. Great job to you all.

So very proud of all the things you are doing Meat. You rock!

Shea
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2011, 14:36   #24
melon
Long Distance Loafer

ooooo, its available now, hmmm, I may have to download iTunes, I actually don't have it lol
Old 16 May 2011, 14:42   #25
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
ooooo, its available now, hmmm, I may have to download iTunes, I actually don't have it lol
Excellent .. thanks Mel
I admit I don't use Itunes very often .... but I'll be downloading the song today