mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 2022, 01:54   #126
anotherday
Super Loafer

Well...
This whole thing has just become sad.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 18:18   #127
Gazza717
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Well...
This whole thing has just become sad.
She's tweeted again

Leave it now Pat
Old 24 Jan 2022, 18:47   #128
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza717 View Post
She's tweeted again

Leave it now Pat
She's coming up with some true horseshit if you ask me and I refuse to stoop to her level.

"I have truth on my side so I can be as nasty as I want"

Like taking a wheelchair away from a disabled person and saying "Look without that you can't move about."

But it's the truth, right?

Old 24 Jan 2022, 21:05   #129
L_Loaf
Loafer

I can't quite believe her tweets. I really thought she would either give a brief goodbye or just nothing at all but I am gobsmacked that she stooped so low.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 04:30   #130
LisaT
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
She's coming up with some true horseshit if you ask me and I refuse to stoop to her level.

"I have truth on my side so I can be as nasty as I want"

Like taking a wheelchair away from a disabled person and saying "Look without that you can't move about."

But it's the truth, right?

I'm not seeing another Tweet from her
Old 25 Jan 2022, 08:11   #131
Gazza717
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
I'm not seeing another Tweet from her
She's posted some quote about truth and lies etc...

The thing is, her and meat were phenomenal together...and I actually feel quite sad that she has not either kept quiet or just posted a tick box "I'm so sad...." tweet

It's also quite a shame to see that she's had 20 replies...it just shows how far she's fallen

In my view, I could absolutely detest someone who had treated me terribly...I can't imagine how / why I would ever go after a person grieving. If she posted something in 6 months then I'd not be so shocked or disappointed.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 08:29   #132
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

id suggest we lock this. bring less attention to it
Old 25 Jan 2022, 12:52   #133
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
id suggest we lock this. bring less attention to it
Why should more censorship always be the solution?
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 14:58   #134
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

imo not the time for it
Old 25 Jan 2022, 21:38   #135
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Does anyone know why she's aimed that vile tweet at Meats grieving Widow?
Old 25 Jan 2022, 21:43   #136
Frying Bat
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
Why should more censorship always be the solution?
I don't think this is about censorship but rather to put our energy and time into the people/person who rightfully deserve so and Patti at the moment is not one of them.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 21:56   #137
eltmatt
Super Loafer

I don't think any censorship here will do any favours, if you don't want to see it personally then don't come into this thread.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Jan 2022, 22:03   #138
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
Does anyone know why she's aimed that vile tweet at Meats grieving Widow?
BeCaUsE nO dOuBt sHe HaS tRuTh On HeR sIde.

2 Users Like This Post.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 18:42   #139
sandmage
Rookie

The Kitchen Sink just posted a "funny" parody video. Giving the Podcast's close association with Patti her vague accusations and her recent tweets, I can only read this as being a disguised insult.
On the off chance that I'm getting this wrong, I hope ThatWriterGuy will clarify it. All the trivia about Jim was really interesting. And I considered myself until very recently a huge Patti Russo fan. But this is not the time for being vague or funny.
I realize I'm probably just feeding a troll right now. But, most Patti fans are Meat Loaf fans too. If you've got unsolved business with Meat and you're angry that you cannot hurt him anymore and now want to get at (some of) his fans? Well congratulations! I'm not going to buy Patti's Album if it was full of unreleased Steinman songs.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 21:25   #140
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmage View Post
The Kitchen Sink just posted a "funny" parody video. Giving the Podcast's close association with Patti her vague accusations and her recent tweets, I can only read this as being a disguised insult.
On the off chance that I'm getting this wrong, I hope ThatWriterGuy will clarify it. All the trivia about Jim was really interesting. And I considered myself until very recently a huge Patti Russo fan. But this is not the time for being vague or funny.
I realize I'm probably just feeding a troll right now. But, most Patti fans are Meat Loaf fans too. If you've got unsolved business with Meat and you're angry that you cannot hurt him anymore and now want to get at (some of) his fans? Well congratulations! I'm not going to buy Patti's Album if it was full of unreleased Steinman songs.
If it's Hale and Pace - Meat Loaf, ITV have blocked it.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 03:36   #141
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Patti who ????
Old 31 Jan 2022, 12:04   #142
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
On the off chance that I'm getting this wrong ...
Posted on behalf of Nick:

"You are."

1 User Likes This Post.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 13:12   #143
AndrewG

Looking through the tweet responses and someone wishing Patti death over Meat and Patti admitting she was suicidal 7 years ago I think we need to take a step back here guys and let's not "cling on every word..." Patti says that you may disagree with or read too much into what we don't understand and take everything as a negative.

I disagree with what Patti posted and like I said above it seemed wayyy out of character to me.
It did upset me for sure.

But let's not beat Patti down or pretend she doesn't exist, when we only have little knowledge of what is going on.

We already lost one of our beloved idols. No matter what others write, nothing should change our love and respect for them completely. A family of friends should be strong enough to let every one make mistakes (as long as they are not the Phil Spector type of mistakes! )

I can only assume Patti IS actually hurting inside even if she doesn't show it now. Her anger is most likely clouding her judgement of some of her tweets she posted.
At least I am willing to give her that benefit of the doubt now that my own anger has subsided somewhat.

In this day of cancel culture let's not fan the flames of trying to cancel people that we actually love (or have loved) when the media are ABSOLUTELY loving this extreme approach from fans and celebrities. Don't fall for their trap.

We can tell Patti what she posted is wrong or disrespectful but endlessly hurting or damaging her reputation is not right.

Thanks.

Last edited by AndrewG; 31 Jan 2022 at 13:39.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 16:01   #144
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:

Thanks.
Patti seems to be the kind of person that thinks she can have both - Her own opinion (which she can) and her own facts (which is not how the truth works)

The fact that she is fighting her demons and seems to be in a dark place does not give her carte blanche to insult and hurt people on social media without being held accountable for it.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 16:36   #145
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Patti seems to be the kind of person that thinks she can have both - Her own opinion (which she can) and her own facts (which is not how the truth works)

The fact that she is fighting her demons and seems to be in a dark place does not give her carte blanche to insult and hurt people on social media without being held accountable for it.
Absolutely true and people rightfully said she was talking bollocks with the Deborah tweet especially.

But saying things like "I think you should be six feet under instead." just crosses a line also.
And I worry it might just get worse and people start to (look to) mis-interpret things with each subsequent tweet.
I don't want to be associated with cancelling people or wishing them dead.

That's all I'm saying.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 17:34   #146
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Absolutely true and people rightfully said she was talking bollocks with the Deborah tweet especially.

But saying things like "I think you should be six feet under instead." just crosses a line also.
And I worry it might just get worse and people start to (look to) mis-interpret things with each subsequent tweet.
I don't want to be associated with cancelling people or wishing them dead.

That's all I'm saying.
True. Those insults are equally vile and have no place anywhere.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 31 Jan 2022, 19:17   #147
sandmage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Posted on behalf of Nick:

"You are."

Ok.

So now I guess I will buy her Album if it is full of unreleased Steinman songs.

Still I think Patti needs an intervention, and she is doing a lot of damage to her career. If her suicidal thoughts were because of Meat firing her, well, she could no longer work for him now either. But this way she had 7 years to work on her own career, which didn't go as hoped, but, still better than if she would have started after Braver...
I really cannot see how Meat is the true cause of her problems. She had a lot of opportunities through him. And she is in a business, where only few people make it, and only very very few people make it big.
Old 02 Feb 2022, 12:13   #148
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
I really cannot see how Meat is the true cause of her problems.
Therein lies your dilemma.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 02 Feb 2022 at 12:33.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Feb 2022, 13:35   #149
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Therein lies your dilemma.
Look, I'm not being funny here but you and Patti seem to have continuously over the past while hinted at things and dropped tidbits here and there and it's wearing thin.

My primary stance with anything like this is to believe victims, if someone comes out and says something then absolutely give them benefit of the doubt and investigate where it should be investigated. Two sides to a story, but where there is smoke there is fire and all that.

Now this is a touchy subject because Meat has tragically passed on, and he can't defend himself anymore and I don't want to see his family brought into anything either. We all probably know Meat wouldn't have been a saint in his lengthy career, we've all seen how he could act on here, we have heard stories about his temper or seen his social media posts. I don't doubt Patti had a hard time during her career with him and I sympathise with it.

But I'm finding this act of dropping hints/tidbits and vagueries, almost like a "Listen on and all shall be revealed" to lure people in to be a bit disrespectful. If there is something to say, it should have been said by now, not strung out as it has been.

---

Also as far as the insults towards Patti go, wishing death on people is 100% never acceptable and no one should have to face that.
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Feb 2022, 13:47   #150
Dick
Super Loafer

It’s a shame either way because now there’s only one side to the two sided story.
Not that I think we would have gotten the other side anyway.

But in terms of her grief, well, I get it to a degree, I worked in casting while being an actor and now when I look back and the more often I look back the more angry I get at injustices served upon me. But there’s nothing I can do about it now aside from try and move on via a different route.
Character assassinations and decorum and timing go a long way in my book and I just think the act itself isn’t the best, doing it in public is lacking in decorum and the timing is bloody awful.

If you have a grievance call out by all means but don’t wait till they’re out the door or on the way out to start your kicking.

I’m not trying to paint the reason we all visit this site as an angel or Patti as a devil.
But there was a time and a place for this score to be settled and now it never will be, it will just be someone having the last laugh and what does that achieve?
Closed Thread