mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 18 Sep 2010, 12:11   #101
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah's way View Post
probably because no one buys his music.
I'm just going to set it straight before I'm attacked again. It was only a joke whether you believe me or not. I really do like Kasim he is an amazing bass player, and MD, and he has been by Meat's side from day one, anyone that is that good of a friend deserves everything good in life. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with this remark and I kindly ask an MOD to delete it for me and the other three in which I was being rude. Cheers
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 16:42   #102
Steve6
Batman

All he said was "probaly because no one buys his music", and it's classed as a stupid comment. Is it really though? Maybe it's the truth. What's the point in Kasim releasing albums that cost money when he sells very little? If they were selling well he'd keep making them. Having his songs available for download won't make any difference, because they aren't good enough in my opinion.
Steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 17:34   #103
CarylB
Mega Loafer

It wouldn't be true to say no-one buys his music. Kasim has a fanbase and those in it DO buy his albums. Arguably these days though they may not buy in sufficient quantity to justify a hard copy release .. and most artists find sales of hard copies are dwindling today, so to release solely through downloads will allow Kasim to continue to release albums, and his fans to buy them.

You think they're "not good enough"? They are not to my taste, but there are plenty of Kasim fans who will look forward to them and download them. No need to make a judgement from your twentysomething years that "they aren't good enough". Kasim is an accomplished guitar player and singer. His albums sell, which suggests they are good enough for those who enjoy his style of music.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:05   #104
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
What's the point in Kasim releasing albums that cost money when he sells very little?
What's the point you posting on a forum when only a few people read the shit you write at times?

Seriously though; maybe he enjoys releasing CDs & making music? Or is that a too stupid answer for you to comprehend?
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 18:21   #105
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
What's the point in Kasim releasing albums that cost money when he sells very little? If they were selling well he'd keep making them. Having his songs available for download won't make any difference, because they aren't good enough in my opinion.
Steve.

Kasim makes his CDs for his Fans and his supporters. Some people actually put music before money.

granted i wont be buying this as im not a fan of kaz anymore, but i think what hes trying to do is right.

I dunno, but that post was a little too ignorant even for me.

Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2010, 23:57   #106
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
You think they're "not good enough"? They are not to my taste, but there are plenty of Kasim fans who will look forward to them and download them. No need to make a judgement from your twentysomething years that "they aren't good enough". Kasim is an accomplished guitar player and singer. His albums sell, which suggests they are good enough for those who enjoy his style of music.
Caryl
Kasim was a bass player and back-up singer with Meat Loaf. That's where he had his success. I get the impression from people on this forum that he is a successful solo singer and bass player, he's just not!! Todd Rundgren was a talented producer and guitar player, but his music was bland and boring, and he didn't have a great voice. That's my opinion. You could look at Kasim in a similar way. I can understand people getting upset with my opinion on Kasim. I like him and he has talent, but a member made a comment and he was slated for it, and I actually thought it was a fair and honest opinion. Maybe a bit blunt but fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
What's the point you posting on a forum when only a few people read the shit you write at times?
That's fair enough Andrew. If you don't like my opinion that's fine. You write a lot of stuff I don't agree with either, but it's your opinion and I respect it completely, even though you don't respect mine. I'm not going to fall out with you over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Seriously though; maybe he enjoys releasing CDs & making music? Or is that a too stupid answer for you to comprehend?
Maybe he does, and I hope he continues to do what makes him happy. But every single artist in the world that releases an album is going to have people who will offer their opinion on it. Lovers, haters, in-betweeners. Honestly life is to short to get upset about one persons opinion which is all mine is. Jeez!!
Old 19 Sep 2010, 00:16   #107
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Go to Andrews post above to see a sensible response. You never said you were joking.

Call me an ASS again for what was a sensible reply to a post and see how long your ban will be.
I'm going to jump to Elijah's defence here, because it seems like you're trying to intimidate him with your mod status.

He was clearly joking which is why he put a ---> at the end. If people can't see smilies and interpret what's being said as sarcasm, then what's the point having the smilies? might aswell get rid of the f*ckers.

Saying that, he made a very good point and although I wouldn't say no one buys Kasims music, on the whole I think his songs suck.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2010, 00:23   #108
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Steve6, You don't get it, read WarioLoaf's post as it pretty much says what I meant.
Of coure I would have had to read your post in order to comment on it.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2010, 00:51   #109
SueW

Quote:
Kasim was a bass player and back-up singer with Meat Loaf. That's where he had his success. I get the impression from people on this forum that he is a successful solo singer and bass player, he's just not!! Todd Rundgren was a talented producer and guitar player, but his music was bland and boring, and he didn't have a great voice. That's my opinion. You could look at Kasim in a similar way. I can understand people getting upset with my opinion on Kasim. I like him and he has talent, but a member made a comment and he was slated for it, and I actually thought it was a fair and honest opinion. Maybe a bit blunt but fair.

ll:
Kasim's 'greatest success' was playing in the band Utopia for ten years and writing (on his own) their Top Thirty hit Set Me Free.

Utopia were known as a band which were really well respected by other musicians
The number of musicians (and fans) who attended the launch of their display in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame was a testament to that.
SueW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2010, 01:32   #110
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW View Post
Kasim's 'greatest success' was playing in the band Utopia for ten years and writing (on his own) their Top Thirty hit Set Me Free.

Utopia were known as a band which were really well respected by other musicians
The number of musicians (and fans) who attended the launch of their display in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall Of Fame was a testament to that.
Look Sue I just don't like Kasim's music bottom line, it's my opinion. I never liked Utopia or their music either. Fair enough you say he had massive success with them. I never heard Utopia once on the radio in this country; so they had no success here. Just remember my location first of all. I respect Kasim I wish him every success, but his music is just not my cup of tea. Does that make me ignorant?? It shouldn't..I never intend to upset anyone with my opinion.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 02:19   #111
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Look Sue I just don't like Kasim's music bottom line, it's my opinion. I never liked Utopia or their music either. Fair enough you say he had massive success with them. I never heard Utopia once on the radio in this country; so they had no success here. Just remember my location first of all. I respect Kasim I wish him every success, but his music is just not my cup of tea. Does that make me ignorant?? It shouldn't..I never intend to upset anyone with my opinion.
And if you don't like something it's fine to say just that. I said Kasim's style is not to my taste. But you went further and said "What's the point in Kasim releasing albums that cost money when he sells very little?" (and you probably don't know how many he has sold anyway) and then said that having his songs available for download wouldn't make any difference, because in your view they aren't good enough, when to Kasim's fans they clearly are good enough. That you don't like Utopia wouldn't mean they weren't good enough to release and sell albums. Same applies to Kasim.

Now you say you respect him and wish him every success .. yet previously you were saying there was no point in his releasing albums because they weren't any good.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2010, 02:33   #112
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post

Now you say you respect him and wish him every success .. yet previously you were saying there was no point in his releasing albums because they weren't any good.

Caryl
Yeah I'm referring to his music. I'm not referring to Kasim the person, who is a very nice man indeed. I do respect him totally (the same way i respect you even though I don't like some of your posts) and I do respect his music even though I don't like it. I'm just giving my own assessment of his situation and the strength of us songs. People are entitled to predict the future. If he does do well, I'll be the first to sing his praises.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 03:16   #113
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Kasim is a really nice bloke. Everyone who has ever followed Meat Loaf knows it. I've seen him on TV, doing interviews, interacting with fans. He is a Grade A gentleman. He did get cranky with the tour manager in the "In search of Paradise" documentary but that was understandable.
So you HAVE met Kasim? because if you hadn't met him then it would be presumptious to assume what he is or isn't like until you had. I follow Meat Loaf but I can't say he either is or isn't a really nice bloke until I met him. For you to turn round and speak for 'everyone' to say that he is a really nice bloke, I find extremely arrogant.
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2010, 06:29   #114
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
So you HAVE met Kasim? because if you hadn't met him then it would be presumptious to assume what he is or isn't like until you had. I follow Meat Loaf but I can't say he either is or isn't a really nice bloke until I met him. For you to turn round and speak for 'everyone' to say that he is a really nice bloke, I find extremely arrogant.
I'll agree with you there Pud. You can't really judge someone by how they act on TV....at least not what it is like to know or to be around them regularly
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2010, 09:59   #115
SueW

Quote:
You are fully entitled to your opinion about Kasim's music and I didn't qustion that.

I was just pointing out that you were incorrect when you said that Kasim's 'greatest success' was playing with Meat Loaf as it wasn't.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 12:20   #116
SueW

To drag this thread back to its thread title, Kasim has two solo gigs coming up in October.

On Saturday 23rd he's playing a gig in Joplin, MO and on Saturday 30th he's playing in Hoboken, NJ. Full details are at http://www.kasiminfo.com/2010Kasim.html
Old 19 Sep 2010, 14:25   #117
AndyK
Relentless

Thread cleaned. Please behave.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote