mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Site Content » News & Stories » Meat Loaf

Old 06 Nov 2007, 13:27   #1
AndyK
Relentless

Default Remaining European tour dates cancelled.

BBC News Website has run the following story:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News
Ill Meat Loaf scraps Europe tour

Rock singer Meat Loaf has cancelled his European tour after being diagnosed with a cyst on his vocal cords.
The 60-year-old scrapped two gigs this week on doctor's orders, and was due to perform at Wembley Arena later.

Meat Loaf said: "It really breaks my heart not to be able to perform these shows." He added: "I will be back."

Speculation has surrounded the tour since Meat Loaf cut short a gig in Newcastle last week, calling it "the last show I may ever do in my life".

He added: "I can no longer continue. I take my coat off and thank you for 30 years."

Meat Loaf's promoters played down the 60-year-old's remarks, saying he was suffering from "exhaustion and stress".

His management later issued a statement to say he was suffering from laryngitis and had been ordered to rest by doctors.

After cancelling gigs in Manchester and Birmingham, it was announced on Tuesday that Meat Loaf - born Marvin Lee Aday - had been diagnosed with an "inter-vocal cord cyst".

While most cysts of this type require surgery, voice therapy is usually conducted first to determine if it is necessary.

Doctors will determine in about four to six weeks what further course of action may be required.

In a statement, Meat Loaf said: "I was really looking forward to capping off a great year and celebrating the start of the holidays with the fans.

"But I have to do what the doctors tell me so I can look forward to healing and coming back strong in 2008.

"Let me dispel any rumours before they start - I will be back."
According to the BBC the shows cancelled so far are as follows:

6 November - London
8 November - Nottingham
11 November - Cardiff
13 November - Horsens, Denmark
15 November - Bergen, Norway
17 November - Stockholm
20 November - Rotterdam
22 November - Belfast
24 November - Killarney
27 November - Manchester