Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 15 Jan 2011, 01:48   #26
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Well, you said "it gets meat back in the media, back in the public domain, back interested". So how can he benefit from it exactly? Will people see and get interested in the artist Meat Loaf, or will he just be a contestant on a reality show and serve for short-time entertainment? Will he recommend himself for further shows of that kind by that appearance?
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 01:58   #27
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
So how can he benefit from it exactly? Will people see and get interested in the artist Meat Loaf, or will he just be a contestant on a reality show and serve for short-time entertainment?
how can he benefit from it exactly? i'm not familiar with the us show, but if its anything like the uk version its primetime tv, with a large following... thats large exposure on prime time tv, potentially for several weeks on the trot

as for the 2nd part of the question.. dunno, time will tell

it might end up being like pop star to opera star was on uk tv, or it might end up being a brilliant and smart move

time will tell, but whats he got to loose??
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 02:15   #28
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
whats he got to loose??
I'd give you the answer if I didn't suspect that it will get deleted.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 02:20   #29
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
i suspect it wont get deleted if its your honest opinion given in a non offensive manner
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 02:37   #30
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
His reputation? I don't see why that would have to get deleted.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 02:49   #31
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Some people would surely have a problem with my opinion and the fact that Meat is a member here requires constant self-censorship if you don't wanna get in danger of having to fight one stupid war after another.

@ Andrew: You're close.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 02:54   #32
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
Do you seriously think he'll get more recognition as a singer / actor because of his appearance on that show?
Not necessarily, but at least it gets him out in the public eye. People who may have been fans years ago and have fallen away might seek him out again. I think it worked out pretty well for Brett Michaels last year. And better a show such as this one, than some of the other reality shows out there.

I have to admit- the show is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine.

Quote:
I'd rather see people WORK TOGETHER for charity than AGAINST EACH OTHER on a show where this is part of the concept:
A fair point, but the competition aspect is what makes the show interesting. People do have to work together to a point, or else they risk being eliminated. I did feel bad for Sharon Osbourne last year, because she didn't win any money for her charity, despite her being one of the strongest players (I like Sharon). I think each celeb should get some amount of cash for their charity just for appearing, and then whatever they win is extra.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 03:34   #33
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
I have to admit- the show is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine.
Mine too Although I watch the UK version with the apprentice job at the end, and didn't see the celebrity one we had (I think it was just the one).

Quote:
... but the competition aspect is what makes the show interesting. People do have to work together to a point, or else they risk being eliminated.
And that's a good point. There may be bitching and moaning behind others' backs, but generally each team works hard to win because each individual wants to avoid being taken back to the boardroom. The competition between the teams mirrors to an extent the reality of the business marketplace .. and any internal competition also tends to be a reflection of what often takes place within in many companies sadly, although that may come back to bite those who indulge in it during their time on the show. Alan Sugar has often given not being a team player as his reason for firing someone.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 08:12   #34
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

I've never seen a singer go on a reality show and be taken more seriously or afforded more attention as a singer as a result, thats for sure. Quite the opposite usually - reality shows just seem to make serial reality show contestants and pundits. Hope that doesn't happen to Meat. Not while he can still fill arenas under his own steam anyway.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 10:35   #35
Fire Ball
Himself

Didn't do it for the recognition, the last thing I want, I like going to the store and just being a shopper. I care so much about THE PAINTED TURTLE and kids they take care of. If you were to walk on the ground of that camp, you can feel it, It's magic. You can make a lot of money on that show ! It's not going to help me and it's not going to hurt. Just more people will bug me at airports and that's bad. I have turned down so many of those shows every year for the last 10 years . I learned a lot doing it . One thing, it is not easy , I kept them all running to keep up.
M

Last edited by Fire Ball; 15 Jan 2011 at 10:40.
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 10:49   #36
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
One thing, it is not easy , I kept them all running to keep up.
M
I'll bet ..

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 10:51   #37
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Didn't do it for the recognition, the last thing I want, I like going to the store and just being a shopper. I care so much about THE PAINTED TURTLE and kids they take care of. If you were to walk on the ground of that camp, you can feel it, It's magic. You can make a lot of money on that show ! It's not going to help me and it's not going to hurt. Just more people will bug me at airports and that's bad. I have turned down so many of those shows every year for the last 10 years . I learned a lot doing it . One thing, it is not easy , I kept them all running to keep up.
M
Thanks Meat, it's great what you are doing, we know you really care about The Painted Turtle charity, it's great what they do.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:22   #38
Fire Ball
Himself

no more of those kind of shows, you have know idea the crap people offer me. I say no all the time . I said no to that show 3 times. This time , don't know why, it felt different.
M

Last edited by Fire Ball; 15 Jan 2011 at 13:02.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:26   #39
A Slice Of English

Sounds like you did right by that charity though Meat, and that can never be a bad thing. I work FOR children every day of my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:31   #40
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

I just hope and pray that we see Meat and Trump singing Rock & Roll Mercenaries together at some point XD
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:43   #41
Evil One
Mega Loafer

That's about as likely to happen as me liking Hang Cool Teddy Bear!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:47   #42
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Well, you said "it gets meat back in the media, back in the public domain, back interested". So how can he benefit from it exactly? Will people see and get interested in the artist Meat Loaf, or will he just be a contestant on a reality show and serve for short-time entertainment? Will he recommend himself for further shows of that kind by that appearance?
It will be nothing more than short time entertainment. I know now why I did it,
but I can't talk. It was worth it . Trust me.
M
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:47   #43
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
I just hope and pray that we see Meat and Trump singing Rock & Roll Mercenaries together at some point XD
... I suppose that would be preferable to Paradise ...
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:54   #44
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
That's about as likely to happen as me liking Hang Cool Teddy Bear!
I'm not very fond of the name "evil one" , and not likely to ever like it . It's a bad handle ,dude.
Don't really think it brings much credence to your taste. HCTB is not evil so why should you like it!!!
HCTB is just great !! I love it !! love, evil,love evil. I'll take love every time
M
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:57   #45
AndrewG

Maybe he should change his name to Lovely One.
Old 15 Jan 2011, 12:57   #46
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
M
I am not familiar with that charity but I am sure it's a worthy cause.
And I guess it's what feels right, if it doesn't feel right at the time then it would be silly to do it.

Quote:
no more of those kind of shows, you have know idea the crap people offer me. I say no all the time . I said no to that show 3 times. This time , don't know why it felt different.
M
I'm pretty sure we could guess !!
And like I said before if it felt right then go with it .

Quote:
It will be nothing more than short time entertainment. I know now why I did it,
but I can't talk. It was worth it . Trust me.
M
Ooh intreaguing, wish we had it over here now as I am now quite curious !!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:01   #47
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Maybe he should change his name to Lovely One.
Then people might think he's fan of The Jacksons as they had a song of that name !!! I actually really love that song but that's just me !!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:04   #48
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
I know now why I did it, but I can't talk. It was worth it. Trust me.
So you win ... ?
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:08   #49
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I'm not very fond of the name "evil one" , and not likely to ever like it
There is one word in the English language that will destroy everything you've ever dreamed of, everything you've ever hoped for and everything that you wish to come true, and that word is EVIL
Quote:
Don't really think it brings much credence to your taste.
But surely it prepares people for what they are about to read when they get to the content of my post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
Then people might think he's fan of The Jacksons as they had a song of that name !!! I actually really love that song but that's just me !!
I'll definitely not be going for Lovely One then. Holy One seemed a bit of a hit though!
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2011, 13:10   #50
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Richardson View Post
So you win ... ?
I doubt Meat can disclose that.
It's the same with the Apprentice in the UK. The last series I know for a fact was 98% filmed a year before its broadcast!
How they can all keep the losers and winners a secret for so long is quite incredible really.