View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2010, 16:24   #45801
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I disagree with that. Bieber is the exception to the case whereas most artists themselves create something from scratch and do work tremendously hard often with no help. Bieber is an example to teenagers and young people who think the world owe them a record contract. This is why Bieber is so successful and also programmes like the X Factor and Idols do so well (though I admit sometimes real talent does come through). It's mostly fabricated junk relying on covers or gimmicky 3 minute pop cliches or in fact get someone else do the hard work and create a brand for him and get some songs and backing tracks done.
There's no doubt Bieber may actually learn something in the industry and may be half decent in several years but the fact he has been given a chance on the back of nothing (no originality, no songs, no great voice or pretty much anything) is quite insulting in comparison to struggling musicians around the world. That is the part that makes me sick.
I totally agree.
Do you remember the A*Teens ?
They majorly pissed me off with their constant cover of ABBA classics, and they shot to fame off ABBA and as a huge fan of the groupe I absolutely hated them for doing that, it's like get some originality ffs !
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05601 seconds with 14 queries.