View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2014, 21:17   #179
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Right, somehow I've got to put into words what I witnessed last night so please bear with me as a writer I ain't.

I reckon there was 80 - 100 there for the start of her set, more drifted in and stayed as the end of the tour party was happening afterwards.

As Patti walked onto the stage a few feet away it was kinda like seeing an old friend again but when she burst into Queens "Don't Stop Me Now" every thought just left your head to be replaced by "Damn she can sing", I know we already knew that but when she's inches away from you you really get an understanding of just how amazing her voice is. It takes about three seconds before you're away with her singing along, her stage presence and personality is infectious and you're along for the ride. Stories mingle with songs, interactions with the audience ride alongside pisstaking between the band and you've no choice but to really admit that this lady is as near as damn it perfect. I've remembered the jokes and forgotten the Italian swearing which is somewhat arse about face as the swearing was brilliant and a stand up career does not await Patti lol.

A few highlights, by no means all of them

Black Velvet - I love this song, blown four sets of speakers to it but never heard it like that, bloody amazing. Bible and a Beer - Probably the best known of her songs was sung to perfection, loved the story behind her bible copy (Are You Thirsty? - see pick below). One Door Opens - nearly had me in tears, the emotion Patti puts into this is mind blowing, ditto for Here We Are. Dead Ringer, brilliant, loved the Cher impression!!!!! And John Partridge came on stage, him and Patti just seemed to bounce off each other, excellent!!!! (And he phoned my babysitter afterwards).

It was over way too quickly but I'm taking so much away with from this show that the memories will stay with me for a long time, my biggest fear is that I'll not see her perform a show like this again because it truly was awesome. It has to be said that more than anything last night just reinforced my opinion of how much I will miss this lady if I see Meat perform again, irreplaceable.

A few pics..................

("Borrowed") Bible and a Beer

Don't Stop Me Now

Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
15 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.02862 seconds with 14 queries.