View Single Post
Old 15 May 2023, 10:23   #6912
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

John Wick 4.

Super solid, fun, cool, over the the top and some stunningly long well choreographed action scenes.
Everything you'd want from a movie like this. Probably the best movie Keanu Reeves has been in since The Matrix 1.
9/10

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3.

Quite disappointing to me. I love the first two.
A stand alone Rocket movie would have been far, far better. His backstory is excellent but the rest got irritating, dumb, unnecessary and frustrating. Too many serious moments are ruined by jokes, too many things are introduced and have no purpose. The antagonist is excellent however, well acted and the only real (non stupidly self inflicted) threat there has ever been in Marvel movies alongside Thanos. Maybe a two parter would have made this even better. But it seems Marvel is afraid to do something like Infinity War again (leave things on a bad note).

Sylvester Stallone is completely wasted.

How it ends makes no sense and was utterly dissatisfying. It's like Hollywood is afraid to even suggest you can imagine other stories and everything NEEDS to end or closed. Certainly where things supposedly will go for some of characters is crazy, after we found out in the previous movie they are actually related. It's like Rian Johnson wrote some of the script, it is that ultra annoying / nihilistic in parts. In my mind this does not happen with these great characters at all.

The praise the movie is getting is utter, ultra nonsense. I suspect, like Endgame, this will eventually leave a sour taste for most fans after a great start.

5/10

Bizarre comparing these films. John Wick 4 felt fine at 169 minutes, epic, a great watch. Guardians 3 felt FAR too long at 150 minutes.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02370 seconds with 14 queries.