View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2018, 00:41   #6853
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
Harry Potter Film Series in preparation for the new Fantastic Beasts film:

Philosophers Stone: 2.5/5 basic kiddies Christmas flick. Lots of world building and all of Harry's lines are along the lines of "What's that!" Decent enough but doesn't feel like a proper movie story... feels like they filmed every page of a book.

Chamber Of Secrets: 3/5 better with a more focused plot. Numbingly long though. But better acting all round.

Prisoner Of Azkaban: 4/5 a huge improvement, the first one that feels like a focused movie. Clever plot drives on rails towards the finish. Funnier, much better acting.

Goblet Of Fire: 4.5/5 my favourite one of the franchise. As driven as the previous one but now with decent acting, better characters, huge action, genuine danger, and the return of you know who. Awesome stuff.

Order Of The Phoenix: 3.5/5 Oh dear. Based on a long and tedious book, the film is over long and tedious. Imelda Staunton plays the part really well. Everything else is filler. Oh and Harry teaches some kids some stuff. Half point extra for the end battle but it takes soooo long to get there.

Half Blood Prince: 2/5 sooooo dull. They are now films for Harry Potter fanatics with little to recommend them if you are not obsessed. Harry finds out about Horcruxes. But it takes 2 hours. Zzz

Deathly Hallows Part 1:2.5/5 I actually quite like how different this film is to the rest and the lead actors are now decent enough. But not a lot happens to keep you engaged.

Deathly Hallows Part 2: 4/5 finally, a fun bold emotional and thrilling conclusion to the saga. If only it went straight from Goblet Of Fire to this!!!
Dam can't edit this post. I meant 2.5 for the Order Of The Phoenix
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03007 seconds with 14 queries.