View Single Post
Old 04 Aug 2021, 13:08   #2
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Interesting Paradise was rehearsed that way. It always came across as improv no matter how many times I saw it.

The version I saw at the first Meat Loaf show I attended in 1996 ran close to 40 minutes with multiple props / part of sets and outfits. Patti wore at least 3 outfits; waitress-esque, some type of nympho S&M outfit and the sort of 60s housewife dressed in a robe with curlers in her hair if memory serves, or perhaps the curlers were an illusion. I do have photos somewhere.

I remember Patti "hitting" Meat with a pot in the improv section when the band stopped playing and him crying to Steve Buslowe "Stevie, she hit my arm, my arm Stevie..."

It was rather epic, and that for a first show. Subsequent versions I saw were never quite that elaborate.

Quite revealing what happened in Oz on that first tour.
I suspect it probably has something to do with treating women just as that; as objects in the show and they need to be seen to be available (part of the attraction to fans or even crew members I guess?) and never have private issues.
Perhaps something along those lines. Definitely comes across as bullying went on at times, even in the show where that was unwarranted. Sad to hear but explains two things to me:
1) Many of Patti's tweets
2) Patti lasting so long in the band because she fought back in that show with the wig.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 14 queries.