View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2006, 21:58   #7
JulesB
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Sadly ome people just don;t realise that if they steal stuff within the community (and yes, reposting others photos/videos/stuff without permission is stealing) then people will stop sharing and everyone loses out. A situation that i am sure no one wants.
I think that many are very cautious of what they do post and where they post because of the attitude towards others work. It seems as if creating a website consisting of pics, mp3s, graphics and videos nicked from other sites has become a problem of late. Because of that many are beginning to use strategically placed watermarks on everything they upload and some even downgrade the quality to discourage stealing. Also, years ago one had to scan photos one at a time and not just download a digital file to post a picture. That was a time consuming process.

All it takes to fix this problem is a simple email or pm asking the author for permission and an offer of credit. It seems that was an unwritten rule for years until recently. Please if you "helped yourself" don't take this as an insult, I am just offering advice.

I think another rule of thumb to consider is please do not post or pass on any privately obtained information, such as the pay area of .net or pm's on other messageboards, myspace pages, or youtube. We are lucky this information is shared with us and don't want to lose this opportunity.

Jules
JulesB is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04664 seconds with 14 queries.