View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2012, 21:54   #219
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Thanks for the clarification, but it wasn't needed at least on my part. I knew it was fan run (based on the website i visited of theirs) but hey, it never hurts to be cautious huh? Haha.
I didn't for a moment think you had any doubts

As you say, we make it very clear on our site who makes up and runs LFTT. Mouse is correct that Meat is very enthusiastic, supportive of our efforts, and delighted at the money we raise. We did consult with him throughout the process of setting up our site, and check things out with/keep him informed/seek his permission all the time. He is as closely involved as his incredibly busy schedule allows We operate bearing in mind that anything we do could be seen as being closely tied to his name, and that anything we do can reinforce its good standing, or could damage it.

He brought TPT to our attention and inspired our desire to continue raising funds in his name. His closeness is perhaps best illustrated by a recent post he made on his FB page:

Quote:
Meat Loaf shared a link.
4 October
Loafdom for the Turtle have been working on some new designs in time for the upcoming festive seasons. Make sure you take a look and get some gifts ordered. And remember all funds go to The Painted Turtle and enhancing the lives of sick children.

Last year we raised $900 from our Christmas sales. Let's make it even better this year! Our Christmas range will be on site at the end of this month!
Meat's support is both invaluable, cherished, and vital to our efforts. Without it The Painted Turtle would not have endorsed us to start with. He is that important to them as a key fund raiser that setting up had to be cleared at the most senior level.

I too hope that we can make our Christmas fund raising even better this year than last year. The Christmas Crackers will be on site soon, and all our Christmas range should be on-line by the end of the month. Most of our range has much broader appeal than just to Meat Loaf fans .. we'll have a cracking variety of gifts .. and with a flat postage rate for most things of $1.10 in the UK and $3 overseas (per order, not item), it's arguably cheaper than taking the car or the bus to trail round the busy shops We will also offer free gift boxes, and can supply cards so that your friends will know that their gift was also a gift to some very special children

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 14 queries.