View Single Post
Old 05 Nov 2022, 08:26   #56
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

Apologies for my not posting much these days, but I saw this and had to say something.

I get why people think that, but that hasn't stopped us from trying. We just put out the cast album of our musical my friend and I have been working on for the past 10 years, and it's not even based on a famous story or anything. OK, it was inspired by Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera, which does make it relatable for an audience, but we have completely tried to put something out from the ground up. I actually know now how Meat Loaf and Jim must have felt when they were putting out "Bat out of Hell".

The thing that drives me crazy the most is all these people saying that there isn't any good music anymore, there isn't any Rolling Stones, Beatles, Queen, Pink Floyd, Meat Loaf, Jim, Elton John, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen. These artists (and rightly so) are put on a massive pedestal but where it's almost impossible with some people for a new artist to have any kind of relevant voice. But you switch on the radio and they play stuff like One Direction, Justin Bieber, Shawn, and I really just don't get that kind of music, as much as I wanted to. And "Night Changes" is actually the best pop song I've heard since the Backstreet Boys, but even that's nearly 10 years ago now.

But hey, I believe in this stuff that we're doing, and we and probably thousands of other artists are out here trying to put our stuff out while we try to make a living at other stuff, because it's so hard to make money now. After four years, I've almost made five dollars off these singles. I am proud of that, as much as my award 11 years ago, because we put it out and made money. It just drives me crazy because I wish I could tell those people who are sad about the state of music now that hey, maybe we can be there. Maybe! Very frustrating experience, and sort of like everything is moving in sloooooow motion.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05870 seconds with 14 queries.