View Single Post
Old 08 Dec 2016, 23:57   #16
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
Interesting to hear what we "should" have done, its not quite as easy as you think to say "hey lets do XYZ song" what if the artist has not found the character of that song, or simply does not like it or get it? what if its been done and was deemed not good enough for release? you MUST have heard ML talk about finding the character of Jim's songs over the years.

As far as Including Braver, why not? it was recorded and finalized in June 2016...

And why compare Meat with Tyce, two COMPLETELY different vocalists, with different interpretations and characters of some of the same songs, i can see why some may say it will never compare to Meat without hearing it, and that maybe so and i agree, we are not trying to compete, but this is Music and art so why not just embrace and enjoy what we have, i have spent countless hours and money creating this along with Tyce, Zak and Pat, then it was picked up by a label and Management so things are looking up, this is the music you all love and with the right support we can bring the live show to Europe next year.......i was kind of expecting more of a "Good Luck" or "thanks for keeping the music alive and live" comments....

Nick
Now my question is why you're being so damn defensive about it, if this project is everything you wanted it to be and reflects all the great choices you think were made. If this works as it is, why can't you handle somebody spit-balling a few suggestions instead of getting hostile because we're not groveling? Clearly I'm not going to agree with you, and clearly I don't have to, just like you don't have to be so bothered by it. I've been a theatrical producer for 11 years, I know how it feels to put a lot of time and effort into something, but that doesn't mean I can't handle outside suggestions.

Further, we get that you believe in the project, and that Tyce is good at what he does, but you're posting about it on a Meat Loaf fan forum (as opposed to the Rockman or a Steinman fan site), for crying out loud (no pun intended). Maybe you could expect some "good luck" and "thanks for keeping the music alive" here, and indeed I see some of that in the replies, but this is a Meat Loaf forum. Of course they're gonna compare him to Meat Loaf, be it favorably or unfavorably! I knew that the song was going to be on the album (never mind how), they didn't, but Meat's came out first, so of course his fans will jump to Meat's side and ask why Tyce is "covering" something Meat just did.

I look forward to it either way. I was just expressing some thoughts. You can take them or leave them (looks to me like you'll leave them). Not a big deal, or at least not as big as you're making it.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.04209 seconds with 14 queries.