View Single Post
Old 16 May 2022, 18:08   #6
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frying Bat View Post
OOh now i understand .thank you... honestly i never knew of the existence of this.
He did this a few times actually, most frequently on the Neighbo(u)rhood album. Here's a handy list of them:

I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
Versions included "Single Edit," "A Little Bit Longer (Than The Single Edit)," and "Longer Still (But Not As Long As The Album Version)." All the parentheses, and the stories from Meat's memoir about Jim fighting the record company over sending edits to the radio stations, suggest some of these might have been Jim's idea.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
A slightly longer version than the radio edit was dubbed "Ty Cobb," after the popular American baseball player nicknamed "The Georgia Peach."

Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Apart from the radio edit, there were two others that, much like AFL, were a little bit longer and longer still, but they had more creative names. One was called the "George Halas Edit," named for the American football player, coach, and later team owner who was nicknamed "Papa Bear" and "Mr. Everything," and the longer still one, so to speak, was the "Knute Rockne Edit," named for the legendary football coach at the University of Notre Dame.

Objects In The Rear View Mirror...
A roughly 7-and-a-half-minute+ edit was dubbed the "Wild Car" version.

Amnesty Is Granted
The promo-only release had "Curly," "Larry," and "Moe" versions. (Moe, the longest, was the album version.)

Not A Dry Eye In The House
What may have been a single version was called the "Somewhere In Time Edit."

Couldn't Have Said It Better
The promo single had the radio edit and album version, but also a mix between the two in length that was called the "Said It Better Edit."

All things considered, they're just a bunch of funky names for different mixes and edits of different lengths, but it's fun how creative they could get!
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02492 seconds with 14 queries.