Thread: Patti Russo
View Single Post
Old 03 Feb 2022, 11:11   #162
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
The Patti I saw live in 2014 deserved a more substantial touring career from that point onwards. I REALLY thought she was just excellent and I enjoyed each show a lot (think I saw 4 in total on that tour).
It was also fun just seeing her perform the likes of I'd Lie For You solo. A lot of stuff just worked well and there was this sort of energy and freshness that deserved a full audience like we saw at the small O2 venue but was absent elsewhere.
However I think she needed to continue with that kind of quality experienced band I think and really build upon that and get those type of people involved in making some albums.
Some context: the 2014 tour was done simply for the fun of it, without the involvement of management, etc. Since that time, Patti has been involved in a number of projects (including cutting a track that was considered for a recent Bond film, performing with Roger Taylor, etc), but in latter years felt little drive to both record and perform music, and, instead, concentrated on other areas of life. Music took a backseat for a while (despite a multitude of frankly amazing offers).

Page generated in 0.03005 seconds with 14 queries.