View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2016, 14:33   #3
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Andrew: if you're looking for vinyl that SOUNDS good (and trust me, there are some EXCELLENT sounding ML pressings out there), always be sure to ask the seller before you buy if it's AUDIBLY GRADED. Especially when buying from eBay (note: Discogs is your best friend -- you'll pay more, but you'll get 'better'!). Be aware of the MATRIX NUMBERS and which pressing you're buying, as later pressings won't sound half as good as genuine first pressings, as a rule (there are exceptions). I have a UK first pressing of Bad Attitude that was a complete and utter REVELATION. Sounds NOTHING like the previous CD releases. Absolutely incredible. And not a pop, click, or scratch to be heard anywhere.

What's your vinyl set up consist of?

Good luck with your collection!

PS -- AFL 7 inch is, (un?)fortunately, still quite common to come across.
Thanks for the tips. Wasn't sure about AFL, but given how big the song was surprised at lack of auctions on eBay for it. There seem to be more versions and auctions for Blind Before I Stop! Have been on Discogs before. Bizarrely the 12 inch version for AFL still doesn't include the full length song.

Have the basic AT LP-120USB playing through my computer via USB and Yamaha studio speakers. But will get a proper amp with dedicated speakers later when I sort out another room in the house for music listening.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 14 queries.