Thread: Justin Avery
View Single Post
Old 08 Oct 2012, 17:43   #11
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Happy View Post
I'm sure this is going to get me a hell of a lot of hate, but I'd actually have to disagree on this. I mean absolutely no disrespect to Steinman, considering he's composed some of the most amazing songs in all of history...but his playing has never really reached out and captivated me. Heaven Can Wait and Objects from LATW come to mind, and that's because there were actually a few painfully wrong notes in there. That's not to say he's not a decent piano player (like I could do any better ), but he never actually struck me as an amazing piano performer like Justin does.

I dunno, maybe it's just me
I agree with Happy.

I think Steinman at his heights was probably on the piano level I am at now, thereabouts I think. I was never classically trained so no clue what grade that is. Avery is however in the stratosphere with notes at times. A bit like Steven Margoshes sounds on Pray Lewd or Roy Bittan from E Street. Very difficult to play like that and probably requires a bit more dedication / classically training. Better than Mark Alexander too.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02443 seconds with 14 queries.