View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2019, 22:15   #15
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfreeman View Post
In London last year he was belting out a tune every so often - not much admittedly, just a line or two at a time - but a couple of times during his talk and also when speaking with fans at the signing session. In his talk he was convinced he'd be back on stage before long. It was nice to see his determination, and nice to think we'll see more work from him, but I honestly can't picture any touring ahead. But best of luck to him - he's not a quitter and we'll no doubt see more surprises when he's feeling stronger. Some more personal appearances, maybe a record, that second book he's long spoken about... I'd be happy with that.

And somebody needs to get out to his house with a film-crew and start on a lengthy documentary/interview focusing on everything after 'Bat'. I think we've all decided on that much.
all of those things would be great. The in-depth interview would be amazing, as he says he was known as "never shuts up" so I'm sure he could cover much of his career at length. I'd love to see him live but only if his health allows it. He might be able to sing while seated, but I don't think they have made the chair that can contain him on-stage.

He seemed to be working on a compilation some time back, even asking fans if they had copies of things. He also has tons of soundboards. He was going to release one here a couple years back but was concerned people would copy it and sell it. But, frankly I don't think you can avoid that happening.

Vh-1 has the material to make the ultimate DVD, maybe even upconvert to the highest possible resolution. I do recall he said the copyrights and contracts on that stuff could get tricky.

I don't think he will ever stop working on something, he just needs the right outlets for it.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.02683 seconds with 15 queries.