View Single Post
Old 09 Nov 2011, 22:11   #122
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24K View Post

Here is a pic of the very cool bracelet, with 3 charms on, an absolute bargain, and excellent quality ! You can also see the 2 charity wristbands, which i love ! Check out LFT !
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
LOL! I'm glad I wasn't the only daft American, Deena! I'm teasing about being "daft". We were simply "uniniated", but now we know. The standard gifts Caryl mentions remind me of what we might find at the bottom of a box of Cracker Jacks!

I don't know, Deena, but for me, things get old. Of course, that makes them "traditional", but I like to also try to keep things fresh and exciting, even if it's just changing the lights on the Christmas tree from one year to the next. And believe me, people notice, especially our little ones.

I am going to order the Crackers because of course the purchase will help the kids of The Painted Turtle, but I also think they sound like fun, and I think it's important for our kids (in my case, our grand-kids), to be aware that there are other ways of doing things - that what we do is not the be all and end all of things!

Something that's especially neat about this Christmas is that our 1 1/2 year old grandson, who is 1/4 British and who has lots of family in England, is spending this Christmas with his dad, our son, and this coincidentally will be our first year with the British tradition.

Thanks for sharing, Caryl!

Sue
I've ordered the crackers too, as the money goes to a great cause, and in Australia, to buy crackers with that much great stuff, you'd pay an arm and a leg for lol
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03226 seconds with 14 queries.