View Single Post
Old 11 May 2012, 16:35   #11
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High View Post
Rap in Meat's music cannot be more than a marketing thing. Lil John and Chuck D are mainstream rappers. They are on the album to open to another audience and sell the album. How many Chuck D or Lil John fans have bought HIAHB because of their idol? How many Meat fans have bought the Ted Nugent album because of our idol?
It's definitely true that often genre "crossover' is used to sell records, but I don't think it's a huge factor in this case. It's impossible to know without marketing figures, but my guess is that probably not many Chuck D or Lil John fans bought HIAHB because of their contributions, especially nowadays when people can easily buy just one track from iTunes without having to purchase the whole album. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have "Free-For-All" because I like Ted Nugent.

Personally, I like "Mad, Mad, World" a lot- it's probably one of my favorite songs on the album. I really don't listen to rap either, but it's more because of the content than the style for me. In this song, I think it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse
Needs less rap.
And more cowbell.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02807 seconds with 14 queries.