View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2018, 08:12   #69
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
Lots of artists sell concert recordings these days- I think it's perfectly fine. I have no problem paying for officially released product (assuming the price is reasonable).

Springsteen started by selling recordings of current shows, then gradually moved into selling old archive shows (minor correction- it's not his own website, he hired a company to handle it. His record company also gets a cut). People happily buy the old shows, even though we have decent to good bootlegs of some of them already.

In Meat's case, this is new for him, and I think it's a good step. If the fans enjoy it, perhaps he will release more shows in the future. This could give those who don't like bootlegs or don't know where to get them a chance to hear some old shows.
Well and, as much as I love the work of some great Meat Loaf fans who have done literally amazing work putting together stuff we would otherwise have never gotten to witness, official tapes, properly mixed and presented as a finished product have a special meaning to them to us all yes :) Brings things to a whole new level and means we can have some new fresh Meat Loaf stuff to keep that fix satisfied
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.05667 seconds with 14 queries.