Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2016, 21:39   #23
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
Making a general comment here... but I was tired of hearing that no one could do a Steinman song like Meat, ten years ago. Imagine how tired I am now. YES, no one CAN do a Steinman song like Meat, that is certainly true unto itself. But no one can do a Steinman song like... Steve Barton in "Tanz". Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpEOnJud8gk

This is sort of HIS "For crying out loud" in my mind. Then there's Elaine, Rory, Holly, Kyle, Karine, Ellen, Karla, Bonnie Tyler. They all bring so much to the table. I'm never going to hear Meat Loaf wail the end of "Faster than the speed of night" the way Holly does. I say this as a massive Meat Loaf fan!!!
I've got a couple of versions of Steve's Tanz, and his English Demos among other things, and for me he did Steinman as well as he did for the same reason as Meat. He absolutely owed the character of Krolock the same as Meat owns the characters he envisions as the actual singers of the songs.

There are certain songs that I think it would be virtually impossible to top Meat on, but there are a lot of Steinman songs out there and for various reasons there are some that are much better suited to someone other than Meat. It's a bit like Dylan's Knocking on Heaven' Door is great, but for me Guns and Roses is awesome.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 14 queries.