View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2016, 23:17   #27
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
Well, the CHSIB vinyl was ONLY released in Germany, I believe.
Yes I think Lucy pointed that out on here before. I've noticed on discogs many vinyl albums specifically not being released in the UK. Perhaps the take up was even less here than anywhere else.

Also to counteract my unavailability thing I guess Pandora's Box and bad for good were released in the 80s hence a lot more copies would have been produced. It is interesting though that for many big albums coming out now it seems vinyl is almost always an option.

I have Bat 3 on vinyl but have not played it yet. I got it of a woman locally who never played that or her copy of bat 2 which I bought too. I read about the latter being terrible on discogs since it is such a dense single record press fitting almost 40 minutes on each side. The volume is then reduced to make it fit and going by experience from the AFL single at least my turntable will present a terrible pre-echo (of the next groove I guess) which is very apparent during soft musical parts.

In contrast I also have a 12 inch album I bought from another artist recently which was done at 45rpm (double vinyl) to improve sound quality even more. Strangely I'm finding many new factory wrapped vinyls come with a lot of static straight out of the original sleeve. I've been investigating how to get rid of that and already found some ways but it is a bit disappointing since many second hand ones I've ordered through the internet don't have this problem so much.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02831 seconds with 14 queries.