Thread: Tyce Green
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2017, 11:42   #129
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindnick1 View Post
after all, have you heard the state of the current music out now!! deplorable crap......so if your picking on Tyce's voice, or any others remember the consequencies years down the road when they simply won't be ANY good music....
I get the feelings and the sentiment behind this, really I do because I love different versions of Jim's songs. But - and this is the crux for me after hearing the album - there will always be good music and it will always for me be called Bat Out Of Hell, Bat 2 etc etc. Those albums to me won't be bettered and also won't go anywhere no matter how much modern drivel comes out. There will ALWAYS be good music because there HAS been good music. IF we stop listening to those OLD recordings, that's when it will die. There are some modern gems to, but for the rest of my life nothing is going to suddenly stop me listening to those old songs.

Jim's songs, and although I would love to think that somewhere in his private collections are untold hours of lost demos and all those tracks he named that would have been on Bat 3 if things had gone right, Jim isn't Springsteen when it comes to prolific writing - he and Meat didn't go through twenty unnecessary songs in each recording session which could then be stored away to be released later. Jim wrote what was needed for each album and that was pretty much it - anything else had another home to go to, but in the grand scheme I believe that is now it.

So, in the main, Jim's work is now historical and they are the versions that will live on - the same way no one says "Hey we need to keep Beethoven's music alive, let's get Miley Cyrus to do an album of it". The work of classic composers hasn't died out yet and they have been around a lot longer than these songs. They are passed from generation to generation as they are, they don't necessarily need to new versions. I listened to Meat from 5 years old because of my dad, my two kids listen to it because of me, in twenty years time their kids could be listening to it because of them.

That's the way music stays alive, you keep playing it. If you keep creating newer and newer versions, somewhere down the line those finding it won't be bothered to look back 60, 70 80 years to see where it came from or what else that guy wrote, they will just hear the new versions and never experience the originals as they were intended to be heard by the one person who knows better than anyone how they should sound. The same way people will look at the spectacle of Peter Jackson's King Kong with all it's modern tech, and many will never know the existence of a little 1933 move with some of the most technologically advanced stop motion animation of it's time.

There's always something magic, there's always something new...but there's just as much magic to be found in the old and sometimes you really can't beat it. We could record new versions of Thriller, Jailhouse Rock, Stairway To Heaven, Let It Be, Bohemian Rhapsody...but there would always be one version that would outlast all the others. It's the same reason why 1984 Ghostbusters will always be Ghostbusters. Sometimes the magic is in the past and it lives on because that's what real magic does.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.

Page generated in 0.02513 seconds with 14 queries.